Sign in to follow this  
sik_bmw

ROTORY CONVERSION

i wanna put a rotary in my e36 anyone got an idea on prices for the total conversion including engine gearbox etc? or is it way too hard and should i stick to a simple 2.5l beema engine in it? its a 318 also i do know how to spell rotary cant edit title

Sup bro, If you want any advice on putting tha rotary in im happy to help i've got a 12a bp in my E30 and i also know a guy putting a sik 13b turbo in a e36 with a huge turbo. So yeah pm me for any help or whatever

Shot matt.

And to everyone who thinks its a bad idea, that e36 wount know whats hit it when it cant get traction everywhere

So you are going to modify the suspension so that it has no traction, AND fit a rotary?!! Oh well, whatever spins your wheels......

Did it again too, forgot the link, here it is for all you rotorheads, four rotor Aussie show car.........

http://forums.mwerks.com/zerothread?id=1492020

Edited by conrod

As for that pink show car - someone needs shooting - what a monstrosity!! I assume its a girl's car?

I had an RX3 Coupe when they came out in 1974 - 12A. I wouldn't touch one these days, but then again, its not my car, its yours. Yes, its a powerful engine for its size and yes its a rotary and yes it'll sound like arse, but so what?

I think the bottom line is - its your car, do what pleases you and don't give a flying f**k about what anyone else thinks. People will laugh at you, but just smile and be happy.

As for that pink show car - someone needs shooting - what a monstrosity!! I assume its a girl's car?

Plenty of front-bum boys out there Jazz.... :gay:

Guest Spargo

Wogs' actually.

Rotors suck. Dont devalue your self by sitting at the lights with a WANK WANK WANK sound so loud that i cant hear my news talk ZB radio station with paul holmes talking about cheeky darkees, Ta :):P

Why would you buy a good RELIABLE car and stick a rotary in it? :confused:

Go with a m50b28 and save up for a turbo.

The standard internals on the m50b25 and b28 are strong.

How does 635whp sound for a standard engine?

http://bmwturbo328.com/page2.html

Im going to be doing something similar to this very soon so I guess Mr chook engine best not start counting his chickens

GET A ROTA BRO!!!! wish i had the money to do it cuz i would.

Heres wat itll cost u if u get parts thru me and a mate of mine.

12a JPort block all rebuilt as of 19/7/06 with new seals,rebored housings etc.. do it for $2300

Series 5 Turbs 5 spd box,diff,axles,brakes,all other running gear,all good condition(diff is 3:9)...can have them for $3800.

All mounts for gbox and cross member for moter will have to be custom but we can make it for u for bout 4 hundy.

Can put it all in wired up but no certs etc for anatha grand.

However i spose u want it all legit so giv kiwi re a ring bro theyre sweet,made my brothers 1st rota...came out sweet.

Hope tht helps,But yeh defnitly go rota!

Just done your maths then added $500 for certs and $3000 for a Beemer thats $11000.

Is it worth it???

It aint my car or anything but if i had the money thts wat id do with it.Sorry to kill th hwhole BMW stay BMW theme but yeh always been a rota aye haha but yeh if ur genuine,gimme a pm and ill see wat we can do cheers

threeoneeight - you're right, mate.

After reading the posts, it seems rotary conversions are very cool in the minds of our younger members, so also is a general lack of any adherence to the accepted use of common English. This gives the impression that they are languishing in the bottom 5% of the IQ pool, but that is most likely an incorrect assumption.

Those among us who have acquired more experience are less inclined to converse in 3rd grade language and more inclined to spend our money more wisely. That's what age does to us. They're still kids, let them act like it. It only gets sad when blokes still act like that when they're in their 20s and beyond. ;)

It's always been this way. I'm sure your parents despaired at the lack of 'correct' language you used also. Mine didn't, of course, cos I'm so fewkin kewl! B)

I know what you are saying Jazz and i fully agree.

Yet for some reason, I still admire the few rota'd e30's around - they look cool, they go like stink, most have been done properly. It's lots of work and money and something a bit different and you gotta admire that. I'd do it - mainly just so I could say I did and because of the novelty factor.

And I'm in my 20's (half way in), use the Queen's English (generally) am university educated, am a qualified professional and a commitee member in a professional trade organisation.

Rotas still have "cool factor"... erm... bro.

Chur.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

if you were going to spend 11g on that stuff, why not buy a rx7 s5 for around 8G and sit the beamer on its ass. then youl have two cars. Rotarys should stay in Rotarys.

Edited by BMRBOI