Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

COP SMASHED UP MY CAR!!

After three weeks of having no car, and endlessly chasing up the police, assessors, pre crash evaluators and insurance companies I have finally been given the okay to have my car fixed, I had to supply a qoute to get my car repaired, and a quote for the parts. I added up the quotes and got a total of about 4 grand give or take, then submitted it to the assessors. Funny thing was on the quote for the repairs the panel beater put down approx costs for the parts. (I removed these prices when calculating the $4000 as i had a seperate parts quote) With the assessor not taking any notice of this what so ever he just added the totals for parts and labour together bringing in a total of almost 7 grand! So after all the problems ive had i am being payed out almost DOUBLE what the quotes were to get my car fixed... I am so happy, over the moon, smile from ear to ear!!! Im thinking I can get my car repaired for about $2500 if i can source parts cheap enough so ill have just over 4 grand left to spend on shizzle :D I think ill use some of it to cover my next insurance premium but what should i do with the othe $2500?? Any ideas guys?!?! That 2.5 conversion is sounding really good right about now :D

Edited by sakdbma

Yea, was looking at a 3.5 transplant from a m535i can sort an engine easy enough, just the manual box might be a bit harder....

You read my mind :D and actually it is pretty much about what i have paid in tickets!! (The extra 2500 of course :P)

Guest Andrew

Yea, was looking at a 3.5 transplant from a m535i can sort an engine easy enough, just the manual box might be a bit harder....

Tis a poo swap -

2.7 it.

Why don't you just buy a std 325, then you will have everything you need like rear discs, right diff ratio, big struts, rollbars etc and shove all your good stuff into it? There are quite a few around at the moment for not so much.

Or better still, buy a genuine M325....... ^_^

Why don't you just buy a std 325, then you will have everything you need like rear discs, right diff ratio, big struts, rollbars etc and shove all your good stuff into it? There are quite a few around at the moment for not so much.

Or better still, buy a genuine M325....... ^_^

Good idea, problem is I just paid 2600 to have it painted prior to the crash, Im thinking of buying Darrens 325 and use all the bits off that in my car,engine, rear brakes etc. I only have to pay 600 to get the paintjob redone after new panels etc are on, better than paying another 2600 on another car.