Sign in to follow this  
CaM

Mint 6er

I reckon it's cool. Will sound great and do really good burnouts!! :P

nice!

Yea, nice idea, but crappy V8.. you probably would get more power with a standard straight 6 3.5.. and better consumption..

with all the effort and money needed to do this conversion, why not put in a decent 8-pack?? 350 chevvy's are dirt cheap to hotrod, you can get large HP out of them for small money :wacko:

Yea, nice idea, but crappy V8.. you probably would get more power with a standard straight 6 3.5.. and better consumption..

with all the effort and money needed to do this conversion, why not put in a decent 8-pack?? 350 chevvy's are dirt cheap to hotrod, you can get large HP out of them for small money :wacko:

exactly. Or a 351 winds. Just cause they sound better though :D

terrible engine choice. 318s are poos. guarantee it's an economy model one too, not a fireball or somethign semi decent like that...

poverty pack 318 it may be, but at least its not a chev aka clitoris(cause every c__t has one) and unlike the windsor or chev it will rev(factory rev limit for 318 is 5800 not 5200 for the other two) dont forget it Mopar or no car If god made us all the same we would all be driving skylines with gay mounts, poo valves and external genitalias...............

poverty pack 318 it may be, but at least its not a chev aka clitoris(cause every c__t has one) and unlike the windsor or chev it will rev(factory rev limit for 318 is 5800 not 5200 for the other two) dont forget it Mopar or no car If god made us all the same we would all be driving skylines with gay mounts, poo valves and external genitalias...............

haha what's 600rpm, really? pretty big whack for these engines but it's not exactly where they make their power, is it?

MOPARor no car? damn you live a jaded life.

lexus v8 or bmw m60 would have been my choice if they *had* to do a v8 conversion, my guess is it was done in the 80s, or early 90s though......

funnily enough I have no idea what a gaymount, poo valve or external genitalia is in the automotive world, please enlighten me.....

funnily enough I have no idea what a gaymount, poo valve or external genitalia is in the automotive world, please enlighten me.....

I'll join CaM's club :huh:

Not the best conversion , but I'd give him a 5/10 for doign soemthing different.

Though I'd take the engine ouf of a Chrysler 300c SRT8 - Take the exhaust off and have it revving at the headers. Nothing better than a symphony of 8 cylinders filling your ears :D

Not the best conversion , but I'd give him a 5/10 for doign soemthing different.

Though I'd take the engine ouf of a Chrysler 300c SRT8 - Take the exhaust off and have it revving at the headers. Nothing better than a symphony of 8 cylinders filling your ears :D

what I'm trying to say is that not all of us are the same dont knock the attempts of others as for gaymount-front mounted intercooler(though if you want to get technical an aftercooler) poo valve-bov valve and external genetalia-external waste gate..these are the choice of many but at the end of the day there is no substitute for cubic inches.....as an owner of a 1979 Gxl fairmont with dynoed 450bhp, a 1965 falcon 289 4spd dynoed at 370 bhp, a 1971 Dodge challenger 340 4spd which is being rebuilt as we speak, a 1990 hilux delux- bagged on 18's never mind the mrs's 323 msport I think that it may be possible to be open minded. To be honest I think that my challenger which weighs 3600lb and is factory rated at 275bhp would give the majority of you negative fools a run afterall 13.2 1/4 mile and a top speed of 140 mph and it's the weakest link, though I will admit the value of this vehicle has vertually doubled in the last 2 years with no money being spent on it.......We aint all the same for if we were we'd all be driving Corollas.......and if you have managed to pull off a better conversion then man up and put them pictures on the net if not dont complain

by the way can you tell me which motor design still copied to day has produced the highest hp/cubic inch, has the world record for highest n/a out put, fastest 1/4 mile(piston powered), and fastest single engine land speed record? This basic compression camber design has been copied in particular by european manufacturers though they have place the cams on top!!!!!!!

by the way can you tell me which motor design still copied to day has produced the highest hp/cubic inch, has the world record for highest n/a out put, fastest 1/4 mile(piston powered), and fastest single engine land speed record? This basic compression camber design has been copied in particular by european manufacturers though they have place the cams on top!!!!!!!

please tell! wouldn't be a hemi?

I'm uninterested, as that's nothing to do with the topic. also, classicly, the vehicles in which these boat anchors are fitted to are landbarges not worth their salt, they're shocking. I've owned a classic one, although not an 8, and would never own another. the power delivery of every american style v8 i've ever driven (there's been a few) has never excited me either. your "OMG V8 WINS" falls on deaf ears with me, esp when you talk of being openminded, when you bag 'technology' with your 'ricebucket hating'.

go the 4cyl :P

I'm uninterested, as that's nothing to do with the topic. also, classicly, the vehicles in which these boat anchors are fitted to are landbarges not worth their salt, they're shocking. I've owned a classic one, although not an 8, and would never own another. the power delivery of every american style v8 i've ever driven (there's been a few) has never excited me either. your "OMG V8 WINS" falls on deaf ears with me, esp when you talk of being openminded, when you bag 'technology' with your 'ricebucket hating'.

go the 4cyl :P

you homo

I'm afraid that once again you missed the point......kiwis have a mentality that #8 wire can fix the problem....use what you have ...like the late greats-John Ohlson(kiwi builder of the Daytona coupe), Bruce McLaren(win everything at once),John Britten(f__k that was fast),Burt Munro(he's even faster)....and so the list goes on damn NZ even has the worlds fastest sidevalve V8 Rail with this type of mentality.....that car is someones interpretation of cool spent hours on it and it probably dont go half bad> and the motor was probably sat somewhere in need of a home 1+1=2 as for rice 'rocket' hating ooooh so wrong my friend my hilux is in for rebirth shortly with a 2.4 turbo (american spec 22RTE)....anytime you would like to be openminded and take a different view to american motoring I'm keen to offer one of my vehicles at pukekohe where maybe you may change your view, maybe not, but atleast I will haved tried to enlighten your fragile little mind.....

And by the way bagging technology well hear goes.......turbo first used in the early 1930's by Mercedes, Alfa, etc on factory built road cars, though the aftercooler didn't appear until some time after...twin overhead camshaft and 4 or more valves was used in the 1920's by most european manufactures of performance vehicles which the majority were 4 or 6 cylinder, as for electronic injection that dates back to the mid 50's though pretty crude...electric windows&seats, cruise control, airconditioning and all the other mod cons have been around since the late 50's and early sixties so it aint something new!!!!!

Guest Andrew

I'm afraid that once again you missed the point......kiwis have a mentality that #8 wire can fix the problem....use what you have ...like the late greats-John Ohlson(kiwi builder of the Daytona coupe), Bruce McLaren(win everything at once),John Britten(f__k that was fast),Burt Munro(he's even faster)....and so the list goes on damn NZ even has the worlds fastest sidevalve V8 Rail with this type of mentality.....that car is someones interpretation of cool spent hours on it and it probably dont go half bad> and the motor was probably sat somewhere in need of a home 1+1=2 as for rice 'rocket' hating ooooh so wrong my friend my hilux is in for rebirth shortly with a 2.4 turbo (american spec 22RTE)....anytime you would like to be openminded and take a different view to american motoring I'm keen to offer one of my vehicles at pukekohe where maybe you may change your view, maybe not, but atleast I will haved tried to enlighten your fragile little mind.....

I'd be keen to hear some american V8 at puke - they are bloody awesome sounding cars.

I'd be keen to hear some american V8 at puke - they are bloody awesome sounding cars.

sh*t yeah, I love the sound of a good US muscle car.

It sure gets the blood boiling.

Cheers

Grant

what I'm trying to say is that not all of us are the same dont knock the attempts of others as for gaymount-front mounted intercooler(though if you want to get technical an aftercooler) poo valve-bov valve and external genetalia-external waste gate..these are the choice of many but at the end of the day there is no substitute for cubic inches.....as an owner of a 1979 Gxl fairmont with dynoed 450bhp, a 1965 falcon 289 4spd dynoed at 370 bhp, a 1971 Dodge challenger 340 4spd which is being rebuilt as we speak, a 1990 hilux delux- bagged on 18's never mind the mrs's 323 msport I think that it may be possible to be open minded. To be honest I think that my challenger which weighs 3600lb and is factory rated at 275bhp would give the majority of you negative fools a run afterall 13.2 1/4 mile and a top speed of 140 mph and it's the weakest link, though I will admit the value of this vehicle has vertually doubled in the last 2 years with no money being spent on it.......We aint all the same for if we were we'd all be driving Corollas.......and if you have managed to pull off a better conversion then man up and put them pictures on the net if not dont complain

Theres no substitute for the pure brawn and badassness of the sound of a V8 - any V8. (Apart from the ones that are

tuned to be quiet" - my ass.. V8+Quiet=Weird)