Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Quality e30 strut braces

Sure its chrome, looks like sheet metal but other than that it doesnt look too bad for $365. Looks mean little if it is structurally sound. I'm assuming your opinion is based on the chrome finish ... what does the typical functional strut brace consist of ? this one has been supposedly designed with the help of "several racecar engineers" so would hope there was some knowledge behind its design.

I'm not saying your wrong but just question your opinion as to whether its based upon fact or just how the strut brace looks.

Edited by E30stz

Ok

The design is wrong , the hinge point is too far from the strut top . The mounting plates look to be too thin and are not gussetted to put the load into the beam.

Any inwards load on the strut towers should act against the other side in conpression .

The way that one is set up the plate would just bend under load or the hinge point you have created would move under a compression load.

Usually the type you are showing have a rigid beam from as close to the strut tower tops as possible.

The price seems fair as does the biuld quality , but the design is wrong regardless of who designed it.

Ok

The design is wrong , the hinge point is too far from the strut top . The mounting plates look to be too thin and are not gussetted to put the load into the beam.

Any inwards load on the strut towers should act against the other side in conpression .

The way that one is set up the plate would just bend under load or the hinge point you have created would move under a compression load.

Usually the type you are showing have a rigid beam from as close to the strut tower tops as possible.

The price seems fair as does the biuld quality , but the design is wrong regardless of who designed it.

Its a duplicate of the very well thought of ACS strut bar. ACS seem to think it was good enuf for there cars? or are they wrong to

These Strut braces have been designed and engineered in NewZealand by an experienced expert alloy welder in conjunction with several racecar engineers and myself specifically for use on e30 road, track, race and show cars.

So now

Its a duplicate of the very well thought of ACS strut bar

>??

Show me a picture of the ACS one ...

Hey like I said Im not trying to undermine what you have made , Im saying in my opinion it wouldnt do anything ..

Guest Spargo

here's one on my dad's e30..

Rly? Lets talk brake boosters

Edited by Spargo

whatever he has there, i think its from a fiat, ain't adequate enough..slam on the brakes and it takes awhile to stop the car..

might be going for an e32 brake booster. but helluva lot of mods needed to get it to fit.

here's one on my dad's e30..

Thankyou for posting thos pix isis, i was looking for some but couldnt find any cheers mate. all the hinge points and mounting

brackets are the same, we just fine tuned it into our own design.This design works IIIRII so can you just drop the

bashing now please?

Hey buddy I wasnt bashing it , I said IMO the design was wrong and I doubt it would do anything.

I also explained why.

Say whatever you like , I have explained why it is wrong , and it is , so get over it.

Hey buddy I wasnt bashing it , I said IMO the design was wrong and I doubt it would do anything.

I also explained why.

Say whatever you like , I have explained why it is wrong , and it is , so get over it.

Give this guy some credit, i don't see anyone else producing these for e30s to this quality and price in new zealand, before you start saying things about its wrong etc etc you should try and SHOW us your ideas and see if you can put a few together and then if they work better your point has been proved. Until then stop putting other peoples products down. at least he is putting in the effort to supply these.

Cheers

Chris

Give this guy some credit, i don't see anyone else producing these for e30s to this quality and price in new zealand, before you start saying things about its wrong etc etc you should try and SHOW us your ideas and see if you can put a few together and then if they work better your point has been proved. Until then stop putting other peoples products down. at least he is putting in the effort to supply these.

Cheers

Chris

Exactly..........

Here's a couple of pic's of mine installed... I'm very happy with my brace.. Qualtiy workmanship for the price. A lot of work and nice welds. Thanks

post-746-1155504404_thumb.jpg

post-746-1155504431_thumb.jpg