Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Yay

Guest Andrew

As you can probably see (from the ugly stock skin) - .. the forum upgrade worked!!!

There might be a few niggly bugs to work out - and a slight change of interface to get used to - but the new bigger/better bimmersport is that much closer to realisation.

Please mail me if there are ANY problems with the website/forum.

sorry for the ugly ass site while I play around with skinning.

Congrats on the new fourm, the interface is a bit more like all of the other ones I use. I like, I like it a lot.

Arrrgh!!! my eyes!!!!!!! And it's damn slow.

But I guess it'll speed up in a bit esp. when my chache catches up and new GUI I'll get used to.

Fast reply ftw!

Andrew doing a victory pose:

Posted Image

EDIT BY Andrew: This is a better victory pose hah

Edited by Andrew

Guest Andrew

hah - we won't be keeping this skin. The leet skin people are working on it now. The theme is grey/black/orange

It will be sllloowww till we move to the new server. But in terms of software - both the frontpage/forum are fully integrated now. It will take about 2 weeks of development till the site is finished.

Definitely fast post FTW

Blue on White...<_<

E: Hey, this is fun watching the site go through modifications...

Edited by Carl

Cool - I thought I'd typed the wrong url.

Blue and white - BMW colours

grey/black/orange - Mitsubishi colours ?? :)

1970's Camaro theme.

Why the Jaffa theme Andy?

orange is 80's... like esirtys

Congrats on a job well done, :thumb:

1970's Camaro theme.

Why the Jaffa theme Andy?

Bimmersports identity has always been white on black contrast. As you may have seen from the temporary home page the new branding is orange, white, black and shades of silver/grey, The reason for this is because we wanted to create a stronger identity and black and white didn't cut it, the orange was chosen for a number of reasons, one being andy loves henna, others more serious.

As for this forum skin, it's a stocker from the invision website and is the closest (although not that close) to what the forum will eventually look like.

hope that answers your question, all will be revealed

Would've thought Inca was a closer match than Henna

Any way to make more definition between posts, is a little cluttered, but could just be me getting older and slower.

Me too, Carl.

I'm finding it very difficult to read.

However, like the great Barb said - only fools and women criticise a job before its finished. Therefore I'll wait... :)

as I was saying to Andrew, because its white writing on black background your eye is immediately drawn to the orange. Its hard to contrast the dull writing over hte bright buttons. Ahh well... just my thoughts anyway. I like the orange, and its use on the mainpage.

Me too, Carl.

I'm finding it very difficult to read.

However, like the great Barb said - only fools and women criticise a job before its finished. Therefore I'll wait... :)

HAHA yea a little hard to read, but hey wait till its finished i guess...

Guest Andrew

What sort of monitors are all the people finding it hard to read on?

I'm on 17" widescreen LCD in 1920 * 1200 and it looks fine?

I'm using two LCD monitors, a 19" and my laptop's 15".

To me, the site looks a lot better on my 15".

But don't forget I'm old and my eyes are not as sharp as they were when I was your age, so that factors into my opinion also.

Further - the white on black/grey - to my eyes, the white bleeds into the background and makes it kinda fuzzy. I couldn't put up with that in my normal work. I just copied and pasted into a std word document, with black text on white bg and there is no bleeding - far easier on my eyes.

Edited by Jazzbass

Using a 20" LCD 1600x1200 and I guess maybe the orange bits are all too bigger than the writing for me.. (which doesnt adjust with changing settings in IE) but it seems its more the colour is too dominant.

I have never been a fan of dark-background forums - I think they look terrible and yes - hard to read. In fact, I am not a memebr of any forums that are dark - maybe a subconscious aversion?? You surely can incorpaorate the company colours around post borders, banners etc, but leave the message background itself a lighter colour?

Yeah, I like this colour, it is a lot easier on the eyes, I have a 21" crt and it was still pretty hard to read. I am a memeber on another forum that has a dark back ground but the font is slighly larger which makes it easier to read.

Edited by Jamiepo

This one is easier for me to read, but don't forget that around 95% of the members here are young... us old farts don't count!