Sign in to follow this  
kerrynzl

M50 Cylinder Head

Has anyone got a M50 cylinder head I can borrow [2.0 or 2.5]? I dont care if its F***ed ,I need it for comparison figures on a Flow Bench & to measure against a M52 head! [i'm up to no good, Haha] I'm also looking at buying a Non-vanos intake cam,& an intake manifold from a 2-1/2 litre M50 [M50B25]

Cheers Everyone Kerry

Has anyone got a M50 cylinder head I can borrow [2.0 or 2.5]? I dont care if its F***ed ,I need it for comparison figures on a Flow Bench & to measure against a M52 head! [i'm up to no good, Haha] I'm also looking at buying a Non-vanos intake cam,& an intake manifold from a 2-1/2 litre M50 [M50B25]

Cheers Everyone Kerry

i have a complete m50 2l engine .

$1000 for block and intake system

Guest Andrew

Cheers Everyone Kerry

please tell me up to no good means 13000 RPM M52 with a turbo bolted on the side?

please tell me up to no good means 13000 RPM M52 with a turbo bolted on the side?

I'd like to tell you, but then I'll have to kill you.

All Joking aside, thanks for the offer Brent but I already have a mint 67k M50 2litre. I don't want to split open yet!

"Up to no good" is purely a subjective point of view. See , I've got this gorgeous E36 M spec Coupe in Red that my girlfriend has fallen in love with, and. . . . . . . . . . . I also have some Rollcage tubing etc.

Back to the Head situation, I hear rumours about the head castings, valve sizes, cam profiles etc being the same/or different on a M52 to M50 depending on who's telling the story [so I want to do a Fowbench comparison,& fingerprint the cams]to find the answers for myself before I start "getting up to no good"

So if anyone has an old 'cooked head' I can borrow, or a good m52 head I can buy, contact me

Does anybody know the maximum these motors can be bored to [i'm looking at boring it right out,and using Diesel liners]

I done this mod years ago on an HQ Holden to stop the bores "barreling" with 16.5:1 compression [Now Banned]

Have Fun Everyone. . . . Kerry

Hmmm great minds think alike.

But there is fcuk all between the bores to start with(m52)

The m50 can go to s50 specs??(3 ltrs)

Or maybe a m52 update,these have iron liners in the alusil block dont they?

Hmmm great minds think alike.

But there is fcuk all between the bores to start with(m52)

The m50 can go to s50 specs??(3 ltrs)

Or maybe a m52 update,these have iron liners in the alusil block dont they?

I'm thinking about boring right thru the existing bores and pressing in iron [diesel] liners

I think I can push a wet sleeve [Diesel liner block to 87mm]

most dry sleeve blocks are siamesed [if this is the case in the BMW M52 then 89mm bores are posible]

combine that with a 89.5 stroke= 3341cc [i'll need some 320i nana badges for my sleeper]

If I weld the crank and offset grind the journals ,& use 180B nissan rods I think I could swing a 92mm arm.

Thats 3435cc [perfect for a M-spec tractor]

All these mods were 1960's technology [bruce McLaren on the Reynolds 390 alloy CanAm engines '540cu in']

Simple huh!