Sign in to follow this  
DSNUTS

Help please e36 manual gearbox converison

grrrrrr so i jst put a nw diff in my car jst to find out i need a nw gearbox so i figure jst drop a manual in it, can anyone help or nw wea i cld get a 2hand i frm ????????

dno ay cos mst ppl on dis 4rum cnt rd writn lik dis cos dis is a 4rum n not a cellfone ay. leav ya txtlish fo da selfone boe coz on hea ppl dnt got n e respekt 4 it ay.

You did well with the title, but just failed on the post itself. :D

An e36 manual conversion aint hte easiest thing to source. I suggest you post up what model, year and engine your car is running.

Be prepared to pay between $900-2000+ for it and thats not including labour to get it in there. Might be better off just finding another auto box for $200.

www.sdeuropean.co.nz probably have some kits available but again .. you'll looking at $2000+GST and upwards.

keep an eye on trademe, the only one I know of on there at the moment is this one here which is for a early E36 318iS and I dontk now that you could use it on any other model E36.

Edited by E30stz

thanks for that will keep an eye on trade me, and be sure no txt writing will be posted by me again and the car is a 1992 e36 320i

thanks for that will keep an eye on trade me, and be sure no txt writing will be posted by me again and the car is a 1992 e36 320i

To just repair it, Just chuck another Slushbox back in [About $700 used]

A E36 318 box does bolt up to a M50 [Keep the Engine standard tho]

I'm doing the conversion right now, I ended up Buying a whole car just for the conversion [no misc bits missing] Plus I get to sell the leftovers. So If you or anybody else reading this keeps in touch,I will know all about it by the end of next week. Expect to pay about $1500 For a complete E36 conversion [M50/M52]

Have Fun. . . . . Kerry

might have something .

call me 021433600 or 2997389 ah is best

I have an auto gbox I can sell you cheap as.

Its still in the car so you can test drive

done 130K

send me a txt or call 027 41 51 045

Call SD EUROPEAN 0800 269 772 for manual gear box

I am selling my ride, they did the conversion for me, check it out

any one keen call me 021720615

post-1229-1152842984_thumb.jpg

What model e36 is it?

3800+gst from sd european,mine is costing about the same but I am adding a few nicities <_< .

Will have a 5 speed zf auto avaliable soon.

On my journey into the unknown [doing a manual conversion on a M50 E36] I have stumbled upon a 325 manual conversion in a rusty 325i E36 that is for sale