Sign in to follow this  
pommy

what to buy

In my opinion - in the E36s, the 320 is probably the worst choice (apart from the 316, of course). The 318 is a nicely-balanced car and in some aspects a better choice than the 320. The 325s are cheap as chips and are a large step up from the 320s. The 328s are better off the mark, if that's important to you.

I had E36 318 and 325 and found almost identical fuel consumption. This I put down to the need to floor the 318 to get anywhere, whereas the 325 didn't need as much pedal to do it.

However, now that I've made the move to an E39, I simply do not like driving E36s anymore.

Guest Andrew

Well, I couldn't refuse the e36 as someone said unless its cheap its not worth doin anything to it! point taken I grabbed it with both hands for 5k . The cheapest 328i manual coupe ive found is 16k . so If I did do what I said I was gonna do (dream to do) to my new e36 it would be cheaper and german not jap surely german is better than jap! Ive been qouted 3k to convert to manual and was thinkin of a few things for it.

or I might just give it the misus cos she cant drive man, and save and buy a manual . Its just hard cos Ive got the car here now and Im itchin to do somethin to it.

Dude ALL of the cars are built in Germany!

I agree with everyone else on the 320i issue. You had one before didn't you?

I realise all the cars are made in Germany "Dude" I was refering to another forum conversation as people were talkin about buyin from japan or singapore . I was just sayin that its not from any of thos countries!

yes I had a 320i before !

In my opinion definetly the 318 i is far worse than a 320i you might as well stay in bed if you go for a 318 your going from a 4 banger to straight 6?

I see alot of people whether it be on this forum or another website converting engines all the time from 318i e30 to sr20det to 320i to another bm engine of choice.

just my 2 cents.

Guest Andrew

Sure - any conversion is possible if you have the time/money/skill.

It sometimes makes more sense to get the best car you can rather than hack one up.

point taken cheers .

Im gonna go grab the auto trader ha ha! I might give it to the misus and hopefully I can find a 325/328 man for 10k.

Guest Andrew

There are always deals to be had - keep your eyes peeled. I'd say you'd EASILY find a man 325 for that money - and possibly a 328.