Sign in to follow this  
kerrynzl

SPIGOT BEARING for M50

Hey everyone I'm halfway thru my Manual conversion on my E36,

I need to know either the dimensions [OD , ID & Width] or part-numbers on the side of the spigot bearing in the back of the crank of a M50 engine

If anyone can help with these it will save me a lot of skinned knuckles [& obscenities] as my motor is still on the engine stand

Thanks. . . . .Kerry

Kerry

NSK bearing 6201 V V C M is what I have used in all m20 I have done. It also fits just about every other early bm motor according to the book. I keep a whole lot here for spares so have taken the part number off one of the boxes and measured actual bearing.

According to my vernier.. OD 32mm ID 12mm W 10mm

Cost about $6 each max.

Will

Edited by will

Hey everyone I'm halfway thru my Manual conversion on my E36,

I need to know either the dimensions [OD , ID & Width] or part-numbers on the side of the spigot bearing in the back of the crank of a M50 engine

If anyone can help with these it will save me a lot of skinned knuckles [& obscenities] as my motor is still on the engine stand

Thanks. . . . .Kerry

I bought Mine from bindon's up in whangarei. He had a book that had a listing of different bmw bearing's including m50 one's. Had them in stock. SKF brand. Didn't measure it and dont have a part number sorry but I'm sure if you went to any good automotive part or bearing shop they should have them $5 iclud Gst

Edited by MrHamWallet

15x32x10.

OD is the same as is the depth but the ID is 15 not 12,at least for the m52(check your input shaft).

Not a common size so I sourced a 15x32x9 from a bearing supplier.

BMW part no may be 11211720310

HEY GUYS THANKS, Now I can finish wiring the inhibiter tonite & reassemble the trim [or have a quiet nite talking to my missus,"I doubt it"]

The ID for my ZF Box is 15mm

Again THANKS A LOT KERRY

thats the part , just brought one myself , and a couple of m30 type ones as well .

hey kerry , when do want to swap that diff over ,