Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

PHOTOCHOP ZONE

"fluro pink is so OMGIMAGIRLHI"

What can you expect from a girl hehehe

That's cool dudes. Yes to me, the car looks better without the lids. The dark gold is a different colour to me also.

Both of you started by lowering the car and chucking bigger wheels on it and I think that really changes the E39 for the better. Chromies are too young for me, though :)

Its been fun - thanks, both of you.

My car will, of course stay stock, as us old farts prefer function over form and comfort over neck/ headaches.

Cheers for the chop dude!!! its amazing what you can do with some time and a bit of "snazey" software.

What does everyone recon? Lowering is happening reguardless but trying to decide if the bumpers and skirts should be painted black (same colour as the body) rather than leaving them grey...sorry dont have a picture at work of the orginal.

Thoughts?

(edit)

P.S no my paint isnt melting, its still wet as I decided to wash it for the photo shoot.

post-1242-1156364373_thumb.jpg

Edited by blak_bmer

yea its easy if you know what you are doing, I've done heaps of colour changes and though just trying different things in PS i have figured out a way that suits me best.

1) Basically I just select the whole car using the magnetic lasso tool, then I go over it carefully with the polygonal lasso tool. then I deselect the parts I don't want painted for example, badges, windows, mouldings, lights, grilles etc...

2) Then I use Ctrl C to copy the selection and Ctrl V to paste it in a new layer.

3) Then I use the image menu > adjustment > hue/saturation to colour the car, note: you have to tick the box in the window that says colourization. then you are free to watch the colour of your car transform...

If I cant get step 3 right there is another option in the layers palette, there are 6 buttons in the bottom of the layers palette the one that is a black circle with an 'f' in it is the one I choose, its allows you to "add a new layer style"

in the menu that pops up from that I select colour overlay - choose a colour you like - change the opacity so you can see the shadows and highlights on the body of the car. then select the blend mode - i usually use multiply - or colour - then you can once again mess around with the opacity until it looks right :)

Have fun

hey savini

gave yours a go with the colour coded bumpers and a few other bits

was this what you were thinking of

cheers

jamie

post-215-1156386364_thumb.jpg

post-215-1156386486_thumb.jpg

Edited by misgvous_1

shorty

got some pics of my car in the rides section

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=6927

could ya chop some of the side ons with a black bonnet and roof and boot, and make the rest a really flat, creamy pink?

cheers

Yea I sure can, I don't have time today but I will give it a go tomorrow

hey savini

gave yours a go with the colour coded bumpers and a few other bits

was this what you were thinking of

cheers

jamie

thanks jamie much better job, cheers

QUOTE(Gus @ Aug 24 2006, 01:53 PM)

shorty

got some pics of my car in the rides section

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index.php?showtopic=6927

could ya chop some of the side ons with a black bonnet and roof and boot, and make the rest a really flat, creamy pink?

cheers

Hey I finally did the E30 in a flat creamy pink, I was a bit busy over the last few weeks, and then when I finished it, I couldn't upload the image for some reason. Anyway I hope you like it, It is quite hard to make a dark coloured car a lighter colour, hopefully this is similar to what you were after.

Cheers,

Shorty

post-180-1157962127_thumb.jpg

HEY MAN CAN U DROP THIS FOR ME SO IT DUMPED AS BUT A BIT OFF THE GROUND AND JUST CHUCK THE RIMS ON IT THAT U HAV DUN ON THE CAR IN UR SUGNATURE, CHEERS MAN.

post-1200-1158042199_thumb.jpg

HEY MAN CAN U DROP THIS FOR ME SO IT DUMPED AS BUT A BIT OFF THE GROUND AND JUST CHUCK THE RIMS ON IT THAT U HAV DUN ON THE CAR IN UR SUGNATURE, CHEERS MAN.

Hahaha which wheels are you after the ones on my black E36 or the ones on my E30? I will do it for you now....

You didn't mean mine aye?ahh I'll do it anyway haha.

Ps they're the actual wheels on my car,not shopped at all haha :)

You didn't mean mine aye?ahh I'll do it anyway haha.

Ps they're the actual wheels on my car,not shopped at all haha :)

Mine are not chopped at all either :) they are the real deal.....

Here bro,could do it lower if i remove the front bumper and give it a gangster lean hahaha.

Posted Image

Here it is with my wheels on it from my E36, hope you like it

Cheers

Shorty

post-180-1158050077_thumb.jpg

if i post a pic of my car can you photoshop the head gasket back together so i can drive it again?

Hahaha I will give it a go, don't know how reliable it will be though.

prefer the green.

pchop my car with full shadowline, incl kidneys and chrome bumpers painted white (leave bumper trim black), also smoked front h/lights. Pics in sig. cheer.

Edited by sparkle

if i post a pic of my car can you photoshop the head gasket back together so i can drive it again?

No problem - but you'll only be able to drive it on the internet. I heard there is no speed limit on the information superhighway and that you can travel at the speed of light? Anyone confirm this?

I also heard that even if in real life you drive a 1982 ford laser with no wof or reg, you can get a picture of someone elses phat ride, and take it to ratemyride and its yours! Oh to live in internet land....

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

I thought I would post a pic of an E36 which I chopped too look similar to what I wanted mine to look like, It is almost ready to go on the road, just had the paint touched up and am currently putting it back together and doing a manual conversion, I will post pics in the rides section once it is complete :)

post-180-1159229307_thumb.jpg