Sign in to follow this  
savvi

air flow tubing gathering oil

the plastic tubing between afm and engine is gathering oil some how but i cant see were it could be coming from

as any one got any ideas, if its the oil breather pipe acting up which tube is it

325i e30

Edited by savini

Hey join the club, i still dont know why, mine has hardly any but yeah still does it???

Bit of blow-by. Worst case scenario is rings/valve guides, but could be small vacuum leak, or blown headgasket f**king with pressures inside the engine. I had it - would always blow blue smoke on startup as the oil burnt off. A good clean out of the intake system, and checking of all valve clearances, hoses, gaskets solved the problem.

i just got a catch tank from a guy on trade caled sinco1.

he made it to my specs, did everything i wanted and suggested some other mods that might help.

his work is awesome, arrived in 3 working days and cost $110.00 delivered.

looks like the one in photo but with different size inlets.

i will use this guy for any of this sort of work i need from now on.

post-282-1156282657_thumb.jpg

its pretty normal, there prob nothing wrong with your engine

the oil breather is the one come from the rocker cover to the throttle body. bout an inch thick or so

yup, euros seem to love blowby. Am currently sorting a catch can for my pug, for this reason. gums up the idle port in the throttle body, etc

if i got a catch system ( purely for riceness/looks ) where does the other tube go to, i guess one comes from the rocker cover?? where does the other go to?

BravoMike's answer is correct, the crankcase is pressurising because of Blow-by [cylinder pressure leaking past the rings] BMW's do 100's of 1000's of K's without a problem. when this occurs the motor will be tired [RE-RING IT]

If you're selling it [old car shark trick] , make an oil separater by jamming some 'Goldilocks' steel wool in the breather line [don't jam it in too tight, you should be able to puff thru it with your mouth] Remember your Crank Seals will be as tired as the Rings