Sign in to follow this  
Yuen

Car broken into, need help with identification

Hey everyone,

My car got broken into early this morning along with 2 other cars, around 4:18am, in my apartment carpark in Auckland City. The offending car was caught on surveillance camera, and it looks like it's a Mitsubishi Lancer. The licence plate didn't help at all, as according to the police, the thieves took it off a car sitting in a car dealer lot in South Auckland.

Does anyone know what model it is (Evo 1/2/3?), and of course if anyone knows who owns that exact car, that would be the best! Those chrome wheels are pretty unique too. I would also appreciate it if everyone could keep an eye out for those wheels.

Stuff that got stolen:

1. 4 x BBS RC304 17"x8" wheels, 5x120, ET38. They were still in boxes, ready to be taken to get mounted onto the car.

Posted Image

2. Some car detailing stuff such as Meguiar's wax, clay bar, carpet cleaner etc.

Pics as follows:

Thieves' Car:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cheers everyone.

Edited by Yuen

Guest Spargo

Dude that sucks, those wheels were mint! PM me your wheel source please (or if you're selling the type 3's)

Dude that sucks, those wheels were mint! PM me your wheel source please (or if you're selling the type 3's)

Haha, how'd you know I have Type IIIs? I've considered selling them, but they just look too nice on the car. Thinking of getting them refurbished and powdercoated :)

Evo IV or stock lancer with evo IV kit.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Its an evo 1/2/ with evo 3 body kit or an evo 3. sorry to here about the loss mate good luck

Doubt it's an Evo IV, don't they have the big spotlights in the front bumper?

Its an evo 1/2/ with evo 3 body kit or an evo 3. sorry to here about the loss mate good luck

way to reinforce stereotypes

sorry to hear about it big fulla..good luck getting it sorted

Doubt it's an Evo IV, don't they have the big spotlights in the front bumper?

too true - was just looking at the scummy bonnet vents.

Hey dude, go on www.chosenfew.co.nz and post the same thread on their site, they are pretty into finding thieves and if the plates are from, south auckland im thinking the car would be to, most of chosen few are based south so im sure they will know the car..

Cheers

Chris

Alll good, posted on the CF site for you, with a pic, someone on there will surely know whos car it is.

Alll good, posted on the CF site for you, with a pic, someone on there will surely know whos car it is.

Thanks for that Chris, I've also posted a thread on ChosenFew. Much appreciated :) Help me keep an eye out for that car! I'll see if I can get more pictures from the building manager, if they have a copy of the video it would be great, I hope the police haven't taken the only copy.

sh*t man that sucks,good luck with it.Nicely done chris lol

sh*t man that sucks,good luck with it.Nicely done chris lol

Cheers mate :)

Bit of an update, got more pics! I still can't tell exactly which model Evo it is (1/2/3), but some of you may be able to.

Those wheels look familiar, but I'm unable to come up with the brand/model, anyone know?

Car looks to be black, and those bonnet vents are white for sure, you can see in the animated GIF below. There are at least 2 people in the car, maybe 3, can't really make out if that's a 3rd person in the rear.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Animated GIF of the above pictures:

Posted Image

Animated GIF of white bonnet vents:

Posted Image

Nightrider obviously wasnt on duty that night. I'll keep an eye out for ya as I'm sure anyone would, will take down legit number plate details if I spot it. The car looks rather unique and distinguishable, with its white grills and those particular chromes.

Put an auction up on trademe - $100 to the person with any information leading to the capture of the offenders in this car and post up all the pictures. Make sure its an email - non bid. If enough people see it, I'm sure someone will know where to find it. But then again you dont want the theifs seeing it and changing their mags etc.

Edited by E30stz

Possibly a stolen car too of course. Hope you get some success mate - you've got more than most people - you've actually got some pics.

Surprise, surprise, the driver is wearing a hoody. I'm surprised the cops havn't pulled them over already - modified car and a hoody - quick! arrest them! they are boy racers!

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Possibly a stolen car too of course. Hope you get some success mate - you've got more than most people - you've actually got some pics.

Surprise, surprise, the driver is wearing a hoody. I'm surprised the cops havn't pulled them over already - modified car and a hoody - quick! arrest them! they are boy racers!

^^^^^LOL^^^^ ^_^

Those mags look like the ones that were used on a car on pimp my ride season 1, they painted pink bits in them, the car was pink, cant remember wich one tho, if you hire the dvd you might be able to work it out.

they look like islanders (no offence).. that car should be easy to spot around. ill have a eye out for it if i do spot a car like it. mags like that are ugly ass hah !! rolling on some shinny dinner plates LOL

does your mags have any distinguishable feature?? or is it in perfect form?

a little dodgy.

car burning time

they look like islanders (no offence).. that car should be easy to spot around. ill have a eye out for it if i do spot a car like it. mags like that are ugly ass hah !! rolling on some shinny dinner plates LOL

does your mags have any distinguishable feature?? or is it in perfect form?

Cheers guys, a guy from another forum pointed out that in one of the pics (coming off the ramp) you can see a guy in the backseat lighting up a ciggy too. :P

The BBS RC's have very little rash on the edges, there is some, but they are very clean, the insides of the rim you can see some faint scratch marks, like the person who cleaned them used a pretty stiff brush. The main distinguishing features though, would be the centrecaps. They are scratched pretty badly on at least 1 of them, on the BBS cap part (check out the pics to see what I mean).

From my experience that will be their car - they just swap to some stolen plates. Thats the new (lazy) way to do it rather than steal a car to steal more cars with, attracts less attention.

From someone who has had every car he has owned broken into or stolen and stripped out, I will be watching closely for you!

Also I had been thinking for a long time about a vigilante justice run, spoke to a police prosecutor and while the cops wouldnt be too happy about it they probably wouldnt be able to charge you with anything for swatting a staked out theif with a baseball bat a few times.... anyone else keen?????

wrong.

assult with intent to cause bodily harm. 4 years min

the fact that its premeditated makes it worse..

as much as i like ruining peoples sh*t. i still like to do it legit and in a sanctioned fight.

Also I had been thinking for a long time about a vigilante justice run, spoke to a police prosecutor and while the cops wouldnt be too happy about it they probably wouldnt be able to charge you with anything for swatting a staked out theif with a baseball bat a few times.... anyone else keen?????

Oh give me a break, GBH with intent....you'd be lucky to out after 3 years of good behaviour ! Edited by martyyn

From my experience that will be their car - they just swap to some stolen plates. Thats the new (lazy) way to do it rather than steal a car to steal more cars with, attracts less attention.

From someone who has had every car he has owned broken into or stolen and stripped out, I will be watching closely for you!

Thanks :) I think it's their car too, because if it was stolen they probably wouldn't have bothered swapping the plates. You could also guess that it's theirs from the bad taste in 'mods' :blink:

I'd prefer to settle the score the legal way :D

Edited by Yuen

Keen as on some of that!!!!!!!!!!!Tell us when and where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Afterall I've had 2 disappear into the black void 3 returned completely fcuked and 1 I wish I never saw again.......never got anything back!!

bang_bang.bmp