Sign in to follow this  
ThreeOneEight

Nice 320iSE for sale on TradeMe

Spotted this earlier whilst browsing... never been one for long distance sales, but it's a tempting proposition to get me back into an E30! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=68633096

Have always loved SE spec E30s, more so than Mtech. Any CHCH boys want to have a look at it on my behalf?

To assist with my education, what does the SE suffix on 320 indicate, compared to i (injected) iS (injected sport) T (touring) D (Deisel), let me know if these are wrong.

From memory, SE= Special Equipment. Usually has standard: Sunroof, Alloys, Air con, color coding, electrics, and a few other posh bits and pieces for the discerning junior executive of 1991.

Thanks, so SE is really es

Possibly, SE certainly rolls off the (English) tounge better than eS anyway...

I couldn't find SE there, but SE is the Special Equipment version like WIll (Three 1 8) says.

Search the forums, there is a thread about them somewhere - maybe as far back as late 2004/early 2005.

I think the reason why SE doesn't appear on that list is beacuse SE is never on the back of a BMW, not that I have seen anyway, whereas you will see iS, iX, and td etc. It's really just a spec level and as such no longer exists in the NZ market, because new BMWs here are so highly specced. Most E30 nerds, though, will be able to spot a 'real' SE.