Sign in to follow this  
Jammasterjames

Lowering fo my E36

Wassup!!

I'm lookin for a ninja lowering setup.

For a cheap job in NZ I could do Jamex for $300 odd, and Munroes are cheap but seem too cheap next to other brands.

I was however told they were good for a soft ride...lax'ed out crusin' wit the hoochie mama's...

Can y'all let me know what y'all think of this deal from the US:

(doesn't include freight)

E36 323i/325i/328i Bilstein/H&R Sport Suspension

Part #: E366-cylSPORT

Applications: 1992 - 1998 323i/325i/328i (E36)

Includes:

4 H&R Sport Springs

4 Bilstein Sport Shocks

This Sport shock/spring package will lower your car by 1.5" (front) and 1.0" (rear). It includes 2 Bilstein Sport front struts and 2 Bilstein Sport rear shocks and 4 H&R Sport springs. Add a set of Turner Motorsport swaybars for better handling and less bodyroll! This suspension will be firmer than stock but not harsh - perfect for the BMW owner that wants better handling and a lowered look but still wants to drive the car every day. It will make your ordinary E36 feel more like an M3! Upgraded shock mounts are strongly recommended. Bilstein shocks come with a lifetime warranty.

Note: for "is" cars that have a factory "sport" suspension this package will still lower the car to similar specs as above. The factory sport suspension was not substantially different than a stock suspension

Price: $749.95

Reason I'm asking is cause I think the NZ shops who have quoted me are gonna be rippin my ass off hard...

Sometimez a *****'s got to get his own hook upz together...

Anyways, don't have too much C.R.E.A.M. at the moment....i'm broke-ass fo sho'...i'm wanting a cheapish solution, good for everyday pimpin' and rollin'... Not too stiff, the ho's might get scared...

Gonna make my rider tighter than an Nun....nahmean,

Appreciate any advice...WORD.

Edited by Jammasterjames

Hey Mate, Thanks for the lesson in English.

If you are happy with the way your car rides, but just want it lower. Get the springs re-set [about $100-$150] and get your stock shocks shortened.[or try and pick up a used set of M-Spec struts]

If you want the ride slightly stiffer, cut the coils back with a cut-off wheel [not a gas set] this was a standard practice for a suspension shop I once worked for [remember you can't un-cut a spring,so be careful]

H&R make good springs..better than the jamex's

Sounds fine for what you wanna do.Wheres it from?

Check out Turner for similar things.

Only reason I suggest is cause thier service is orsum.

Edited by DirtySix

lowered car?

take the springs out fo sho.

or just gas axe those hoes.

pimping for under $3.50

There's a guy in Tauranga who said he's using E30 springs in a '36 . [dumps it quite low,but doesn't fix the shortened shock problem]

maybe someone out there in Beemerland can confirm whether this works.

Jamexs are ok playa. Have them in mine.Only got them as picked the set up for $80. Not bad for a road spring.

Bugger paying all that money for H&Rs, v nice springs apparently but def a waste of time if you're paying for new one.

Much better to go to snells etc in auckland and get some custom springs made up, whatever height/spring rate you want etc. Gonna rock that shiznet when I feel inclined.

If you're only rolling road wise then just go with KYB shocks, cheapish, not as good as konis/bilsteins, but def very good for the price you pay.

For you, if you're only going for a nice ryde/looks for the hoes, then hit a jamex/kyb setup or custom kyb.

If your keen to go second hand, hit these fo sho, then chuck some kybs at it, that'd be a hot setup.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-68972512.htm

What it is...

Thanks fo the words of wisdom

The quote I posted was from Turner Motorsport. They seem to have big ups 'round this hood...

Got too choose sumthin... Meanwhile I gots ta rolls the guards before I try rollin' wit the homies again... had a few scrapes already wit only one ***** in the back!!

...definitely no Fat ho's allowed now!!!

(Fat biatches need love too....but they gotta pay... )

Slamtheshizzleonthenizzlewizzlegetthemhoscheckmyrackniggahniggah.

My mate got Munroe short shocks and just Jamex springs in his E36 and came out pretty good.Pretty bumpy too.Came out good and didnt spend that much,it's his daily drive so just wanted it for looks.

Hope that helps

i have E30 B&G springs in the front of my E36 and that has sacked it out, still captive and doesn't bottom out or bounce all over the place didn't bother trying the rear ones as the dude had compressed them, so i have jamex in the rear and the ride height is nice and even about the same gaps between the wheels on the front and back :)

Edited by dave8501

please tell me thats you in your sig james?

i would just go with the cheapest, its not like your tracking it or anything.

surely you can get away with springs only? it will wear your shocks out, so just get shocks when that happens?

insaaane... some dumb asian ho at the bank approved an extra $$G$$ on this *****'s credit card.... (hope she don't be expecting me to love her long time)...

means I can get sum springs...maybe on the morrow if I'm feeling like splashin'...

JAMEX are $300 new...45mm front & back. Might kick it off wit those alone for a short while

Met a car crazy white girl last night who told me she was rocking 80mm lowered on da back of her gangtsa E36. The nice white girl also told me to cut off my exhaust and do sum other mad sh*t...

SHocks

Previous I was cruisin' in a 91 Primera... factory suspension on that mo fo was the shiznit. Sumthin' similar is what I'm wanting to get my black hands on...

Not gonna be trackin' fo sho.... but sumtimes a *****'s got to drive away fast.. nahmean

Then my sh*t'll be tighter than R.Kelly's new 15 yo' girl friend.

HAHAHAHA shot bro lol start the night off with a laugh lol shot.

Put it on bags theyre pretty gangster nahmean