Sign in to follow this  
BMW POWER

FL E30 316/18 Manual

Hi Guys

As you may or may not know - I'm on the hunt for a FACELIFT E30 316 or 318 Manual in the South Island (At first, if after many months I can't find any I may consider the N.I.)

Basically 1988-1991, Good service history, reliable runner, not too many km's, MANUAL, 316 or 318. Colour doesn't matter.

If anyone has any for sale or knows of any could you please contact me via PM, posting here, or by my email. (emma.johnston@gmail.com)

(And perhaps keep a look out?)

Thanks in advance

Emma

Confusing sh*t.

Now they tell me "Why don't you just get a licence in an auto, most cars these days are auto's"

Guest Andrew

Confusing sh*t.

Now they tell me "Why don't you just get a licence in an auto, most cars these days are auto's"

If you do that - then you can't legally drive manual cars on your restricted license.

unless its ya full (unless things have changed). then you can drive whatever

just learn to drive in whatever..its not hard learning to drive a manual at a later date

I mostly know how to drive a manual. Pretty easy.

Might get restricted in an auto, then just decide from then.Thing is I'm working with cars all day everyday (when I'm not at school) and plan on staying in the automotive industry...

I can get my restricted on the 21st of this month, buy an E30, be happy with it and then get a manual licence later on.

Hey Guys

Sorry this WTB is pretty much N/A. Spoke to the Sales Manager at work and I'm probably going to buy his 88 316iA in a few months when he sells it, on a few provisors.

Decided against a manual. Future maybe.

Cheers

Em

It sounds like you've made up your mind but please re-think this. Just look at this board on how many people have done 5spd conversions, I'd hunt round soome more if I was you.

Guest Andrew

Hey Guys

Sorry this WTB is pretty much N/A. Spoke to the Sales Manager at work and I'm probably going to buy his 88 316iA in a few months when he sells it, on a few provisors.

Cheers

Em

Sit your test in a manual especially if you work at a car dealer.

I agree, go the manual.You wont regret it like you will if you go the auto.

I'm with Andy, sit your restricted in a manual, buying one is another story, but as I understand your are not 'supposed to drive a manual if you have an auto only license, its only when you get your full you are able to drive either.

every female should learn to use the stick

Is that what you told Jess (?) on Friday night when the pair of you did a disappearing act on us ?

Sorry Em, back on topic. I agree with everyone else that you should learn in a manual (if you can) but more importantly you should sit your test in a manual.

If you end up buying an auto then so be it, but if you sit it in an auto and then some bloke offers you an m325i for 2.5k you'll be kicking yourself ;)

Edited by martyyn

Is that what you told Jess (?) on Friday night when the pair of you did a disappearing act on us ?

Sorry Em, back on topic. I agree with everyone else that you should learn in a manual (if you can) but more importantly you should sit your test in a manual.

If you end up buying an auto then so be it, but if you sit it in an auto and then some bloke offers you an m325i for 2.5k you'll be kicking yourself ;)

I'd buy it and sell it to Gus for 8k :P

Na really, you guys are right.Sit my test in a manual. I'm already learning in a manual and its not going too bad at all.

Yeah it's pretty much sorted that I'm going to buy an auto. Mint 316iA, NZ New, 3 owners incl. my boss, 150k.

Na really, you guys are right

of course i am.

buy a manual! so much easier..plus autos are sh*t on gas. and slow. and finding a conversion for a m40 will be difficult...

and why would buy a motorsport for 8k? puleeze 8==D