Sign in to follow this  
Miller

HELP

Hi. I was working on my e36 tonight and i was trying to fix rattles in the boot, And i found that the lock was rattling, so i took the lock out to try and fix it but then the boot fell shut and i cannot get into it. Does it have a emergency boot relese somewhere or any way to open the boot when there is no lock on it? Thanks p.s. its a 1996 323i. Thanks

nah sorry i dont have a clue aye. their will be something im sure

On most cars, when you remove a lock, theres a slot where the lock goes that can be opened with a screwdriver

Have a good look [it's only mechanical] otherwise it's through the back seat

if its what im thinking of feel inside the hole.. lol and there should be a kinda leaver/clip/thingie like you gotta push it up or down. lol yano.

(Alice in Wonderland) The Caterpillar instructs Alice that eating one side of the mushroom will make her larger and that the other will make her smaller. Alice grabs a handful from each side, and throughout the rest of her adventures, whenever she wants to grow or shrink to a particular size, she nibbles at the appropriate handful of mushroom.

Maybe that'll work for you - eat the reducing mushroom and fit through the hole...

or phone a car locksmith ... the mobile ones are about $75 for the call out ...

I finally managed to get it open this morning. Me and a mate spent about 30 min just looking and poking at stuff and then we finally got it. Just a word of advice DONT DO IT. Its f**king hard to get it open again. lol.

things could be much worse! atleast you're not locked in your boot!