Sign in to follow this  
Docile

SICK AND TIRED

ok so last night i had the munchies for mc deez...

went through drive through.. and ordered a large boss combo . when i picked up my drink i remembered i had no cup holder (was so used with the ever faithful honda).. so i just placed my drink between my legs with one hand trying to hold it. and then the inevitable happens. my drink spilled all over my driver side carpet and onto my 200 dollar shoes !!

i just finished shampooing my carpet now which took me an hour or so ..

so the question is. is there any decent cup holders out there that would be of good standard and would be practical. i.e. on trademe there is one that you need to have your windows rolled down :blink:

Edited by Docile

my mums Facelift E36 has 2 cupholders in the centre console. Maybe you want to look into getting a facelift centreconsole. Fits both large mc'd's and wendys drinks.

Edited by E30stz

hmm interesting.. but my car is a 95 coupe... will it fit?? what does it look like?

LOL ... had this happen in my old e36 ... but its not as bad as the time I went through wendys with the e46 ... they didnt put the lid on properly .. I grab it .. its wet on the outside .. and it unloads ... down my door inside my window electrics, down the inside of my door and the outside .... sticky coke ... took weeks to clean out ...

$200-00 shoes? and you go thru a drive in?

Forget the cup-holders [wrap your shoes in plastic bags, Haha!]

lol it was late in the night lol after my bball game.

and it was the only shoes i brought with me haha damn IM SO GLAD I BOUGHT THAT FOOTLOCKER SNEAKER PROTECTOR !! repels water FTW !!!

too bad for my carpet though.. inside of my car smells like lemon and wet carpet LOL!!

Edited by Docile

know what you mean, i have pimp tartan sport seats ( i love them anyway ) and i spill coke on them, soo annoying, in an e30 just dont know where to put a cup holder, need it for coffee too!!

man why didnt mine come with that !!!

where can i get that around here?

i was in the same situation, i bought a cup holer from the warehouse screwed it into place by the stereo it folds out to be a cup holder and when not in use folds into a nice little sqaure on the side, quite descrete and holds everything up to a 1.5 litre bottle, i love it and wont do with out it now, show ya pics if ya like, had to screw it into the dash thoe, so leaves permenant holes.

hmmm... yeh give me a foto..

cmon guys wer can i get that console cup holder !!

Saw a cupholder go on trademe for over 80 bucks about a week ago one that sits in your console bit, anyways heres mine, pickd it up from the warehouse for under 10 bucks, works a charm holds everything and its adjustable, photos dont look the best as taken at night.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Almost as good as the "Hi-Tech" Hands-free I found

[you can drink'n'drive,and talk on the phone with ya shotgun & ciggy in your hands at the same time]

post-1015-1160300014_thumb.jpg

pfft, you guys really need to harden the hell up. One hand, one knee. All you need to get the drivethru gut. (ask me how)

Saw a cupholder go on trademe for over 80 bucks about a week ago one that sits in your console bit, anyways heres mine, pickd it up from the warehouse for under 10 bucks, works a charm holds everything and its adjustable, photos dont look the best as taken at night.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks like it works, but did you have to screw them into the center console/dash? If so a cupholder isn't worth that kind of permanent damage to my interior!

Docile: The E36 center console cup holder part # is 82279404572.Picture attached.

post-75-1160342874_thumb.jpg

I have four cup holders in my car. I've owned the car for 18 months and they've never been used... a totally unecessary accessory for me.

where can i get those centre console cup holders??

heres mine . works well

thats what i saw on trademe go for over 80 bucks, you got the part number up above

Docile: The E36 center console cup holder part # is 82279404572.Picture attached.

go to the BMW dealership and get them to order it in, but youll be looking at a steep price for a cup holder, failing that keep an eye out on trade me, but even then 80 bucks was steep for a cup holder, and alot of people were bidding on it:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-71784938.htm

mine was screwed into the dash, so leaves some nasty holes

damn nothing on trade me atm... and yeah if i go to the dealer its gonna cost me heaps just for it !!

any bmw wreckers out there that might have one? in which models did it come standard to?

can anyone share their E30 custom cup holder modification stories?

Guest Spargo

Ollie, i've got pics of a primo one, gimme 5 mins.

Here:

Edited by Spargo

OH man thats classic LOL!! if only i had the guts to do that to mine LOL!!