Sign in to follow this  
MADBMA

Double locking

Does anyone no if double locking your car actually disables the fuel pump aswell? ive heard the rumour numerous times and wondering if its true.

i have an aftermarket alarm and at the moment it doesnt double lock the car but im planning on making it double lock in the next few days, im going to do this regardless but just wondering if it will also disable the fuel pump? can anyone confirm?

Test it for us because from my exp. the double lock just means the door locks cannot be opened from the inside

Test it for us because from my exp. the double lock just means the door locks cannot be opened from the inside

yeah i cant seem to find any information regarding it, just rumours, any idea how i would test it? spose multimeter up to the pump wire? i dont want to start the car while double locked incase it does disable the pump and runs the system dry which can cause damage.

I'd say it doesn't as I have read a couple of articles on the double locking and never heard of it. Could be, but I doubt it.

Double lock, (Dead lock) to my knowledge has nothing to do with immobilisation, as Carl said just dead locks the door solenoids - not allowing the door to be unlocked without the key. I have no knowledge of any wiring connection between the the lock control module & the fuel pump relay or fuel pump wiring which would be the only way of achieving this result

Grant

That article refers to BMW's with factory keyless entry and factory alarms. Therefore it must be referring to models newer than e30 which may have the immobiliser built in to the double locking system.

In e30's the fuel door loks with the central locking and double locking locks the doors so that even the interior lock pulls won't work - ie no way to unlock the door without a key or panel puller.

The boot can also be isolated from the central locking circuit by turning the key half a turn back after locking the car from the boot. This means if theives do break into your car and operate the door locks, they still won't have access to the boot.

yeah im doing this to an e36, at the moment my aftermarket alarm locks the boot, fuel door and doors, but doesnt double lock the doors, after market or factory alarm its still based on the same concept, in there it states a rumour of kills the starter motor i spose that will be easy enough to test, anyway ill try it all this weekend and let you guys no.

Sorry tad off-topic, but my e30 has an aftermarket keyless entry alarm but the fuel door can still be opened armed or not and can therefore be sucked dry. I'm not wishing to add keys onto my ring [such as a cap lockable thing] but would perfer a locking mechanism on the door that unlocks with alarm. Easy to do?

Sorry tad off-topic, but my e30 has an aftermarket keyless entry alarm but the fuel door can still be opened armed or not and can therefore be sucked dry. I'm not wishing to add keys onto my ring [such as a cap lockable thing] but would perfer a locking mechanism on the door that unlocks with alarm. Easy to do?

Sounds faulty, fuel flap should lock when ever you lock your doors