Sign in to follow this  
kiwipetrolhead

635csi or M635

Hey guys,

For years I have wanted to buy a 635csi.

I once tendered on a rough 633 auto, but not really what I wanted so I tendered low and didn't get it.., but it was very rough and only a 633. In fact, no one got it from the tender so it went to auction and someone got it for about $2K. It needed major work though - brakes, paint and upholstery, and probably lots more.

I'd prefer something very tidy and in original condition - perhaps even an M. I am not necessarily in the market right now, but I could be if the right car came along. Anyone know of any for sale, either now, or one that could come up for sale one day? I am not in any rush and am happy to wait for a good example to come along. I don't want a restoration job.

I saw a very tidy 635csi outside a cafe the other weekend that got my urge going yet again. I was going to go out and have a chat with the owner, but he didn't come into the café, and he returned and drove off after only a couple of minutes, so I missed the opportunity.

A few years back I considered one that a guy from Kapiti Coast had for sale at Classic Car meet at Manfeild. He wanted $5K for it, but it was a little rougher than I wanted. I know prices can very a lot and an M would be worth lots more of course, but anyone got some indications of current values for a plain 635csi and an M, in good condition? I would prefer a manual trans, but would take an auto.

As I said, I am in no hurry, but I would like to know if something comes up... at any time in the future. So please keep me in mind if you hear of anything.

Cheers

Paul

i saw a mint M6 today in the carpark at work, i was very jelous, i was thinking to myself havnt seen one in ages and was wondering myself what they go for now.

anyway Lefthand drive one on trademe for parts or race car

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-73747790.htm

should give you an idea on price

Edited by MADBMA

i saw a mint M6 today in the carpark at work, i was very jelous, i was thinking to myself havnt seen one in ages and was wondering myself what they go for now.

anyway Lefthand drive one on trademe for parts or race car

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-73747790.htm

If you see that M6 again, rush out and ask the owner about it for me, and if I buy it I will pay you back by taking you for a ride around Manfeild in it. I want NZ-new (ideally), no import and definitely not left-hand drive, but thanks for that anyway.

P

If you see that M6 again, rush out and ask the owner about it for me, and if I buy it I will pay you back by taking you for a ride around Manfeild in it. I want NZ-new (ideally), no import and definitely not left-hand drive, but thanks for that anyway.

P

ha ha yeah ok, first time ive seen it down there but ill keep an eye out for it, i gotta run into town later ill see if its still there

Have a look on Turners website, they have an '86 635CSi manual coming up for sale at the Te Puke Vintage Autobarn sale on about the 11th of November. Looks tidy enough and indicated price is $10-12k. Has 217kms on it, but supposedly reasonable history.

An M6 will set you back about $30k. There was a nice one for sale earlier this year in Whangaparoa.

Good luck, I think they're a styley car.

check carefully for rust and the dreaded tin worm problem common on the fron wings - a known problemo :huh:

Have a look on Turners website, they have an '86 635CSi manual coming up for sale at the Te Puke Vintage Autobarn sale on about the 11th of November. Looks tidy enough and indicated price is $10-12k. Has 217kms on it, but supposedly reasonable history.

An M6 will set you back about $30k. There was a nice one for sale earlier this year in Whangaparoa.

Good luck, I think they're a styley car.

Thanks for that, and yip, I thought an M6 might cost about that. I won't be able to get to Te Puke sale on the 11th, but we'll see.

I see that Turners in Tauranga have one coming up on the 17th of this month, tomorrow. Damaged vehicle auction, stolen and recovered, no external damage I can see, 148k. See here. http://www.turners.co.nz/TabId/188/vguid/2...46/default.aspx

Edited by Silver Fox

will be picking up a real doer upper tomorrow . needs lots of bits and rust work to be done .

Here it is, it's in Napier, Bidding currently over 35k

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-76368558.htm

Or there's a 1981 635 "Schnitzer" Auto for 10k asking price, Low K's (if they're genuine)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-77230525.htm

Personally had a drool over that M6. VERY NICE! and heard it drive past also.

It actually looks tidier in real life than the photo's

I got quite warmed up about getting a 635 myself a little while back. Didn't get one: anything I could afford needed significant rust work.

Love the styling. I stand to be corrected but there is no such thing as an E24 M6 only an M635 (concensus on a thread here a few months back)

I only really looked at a 635 myself and always seemed to bypassed the 633. Don't really know why thou: 633's seem to be rather less $$$ for what seems to be pretty

much the same car. What does the 635 have over the 633?

Edited by arros

I think the 6 series with the S38 in it could be called an M6

Hey Dude,

Not sure if you still want an M6, but there is one on Autotrader, very nice looking red one, was moonbeams but has been dropped to $20 k, beyond my funds at present but would be nice to see it go to a good home, on 17' BBS, looks really sharp.

Go to Autopoint web and look up 635 under BMW.

Think car is in Parmy or New Plym.

Good luck !! oh yeah and if you buy it, give me first right of refusal if you ever get bored with it ok.

Cheers

Grant

There's a 635csi sitting on marine parade in Tauranga for sale for 4k ono.

98k (miles)

VERY tidy black interior.

Dark silver with a few paint bubbles here and there.

I was very tempted (took it for a drive) but I decided that I don't need another car at the moment and that the money I have has already been promised to other projects haha.

I've got the guys number if you want it..