Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Think i may of lost my licence

:angry: Just got pulled up in my freinds car doing 111 in a 100 think it may of tip me over 100points sooooooooo angry

where do I post the medal to :)....

is this the second time you could have lost your license or am I thinking of another person.

Edited by E30stz

where do I post the medal to :)....

is this the second time you could have lost your license or am I thinking of another person.

Na havint lost it before, i cant remember wat points i was on but i know it was dam close ie, 85 or 90 if its 90 im screwed

sh*t im pretty sure ive lost it now :o almost 100% sure

it happens

points get accrued when you pay the fine. thank god.

theyll send it to court after i think 2 months, or maybe a month, when it goes to court your demirit points will be added, i think its 25 demerits, im speaking from experience lost mine twice due to demerits.

getin done for 111k sucks, you dont get in trouble for 109, theres a 9k allowance.

Haha

Come on riley write a f**kin letter to them mate telling them that you asked the officer when his radar was last calibrated and say that he would tell you or didn't kow and stick to saying that you weren't going that fast as your speedo was reading less.

Haha I write letters away all the time and get off sh*t like that. 111kmh is bullshit. What if you mates speedo was out a bit?????

Trust me the calibration one always works as the pigs never keep their sh*t up to date with regards to calibration of their gear.

Edited by MrHamWallet

All you people arguing about the difference between 109 and 111 are missing the point.

The limit is 100, not 109.

If you were on 85/90 points already then you deserve to lose your licence.

Fines and points obviously arent enough to make you stay under the limit.

Edited by martyyn

All you people arguing about the difference between 109 and 111 are missing the point.

If you were on 85/90 points already then you deserve to lose your licence.

Fines and points obviously arent enough to make you stay under the limit.

I reckon.

I have been driving 10 years and never got 1 demerit point.

You munters obviously drive too fast, or are too dumb to get away with it.

111kmh is bullshit. What if you mates speedo was out a bit?

Maybe thats why they have a 10kmh tollerance...

If you read the Autocar articles, 99.9% of all manufacturers have optimistic speedos. So if the needle is on 100, then you are probably doing about 97kph.

As Jazzbass has pointed out the limit is 100. You can't argue over the supposed tolerance. They can and will give you a ticket above 100 if they feel like it.

Be happy you don't live in Australia, the Victorian cops will do you for 103kph. And they have double point long week-ends.

For the record, the time to pay the fine is 28 days and then a notice advising you, you have another 28 days, and then a final saying 14 days. Then it's off to court.

As Gus highlighted, the points are accumulated when you pay the fine.

So you need to figure out what the best course of action is (outside of driving with your eyes open, you dick). You can go to court and plead guilty on the day and pay the additional court costs if that helps you keep your licence.

When do your other points expire? If you're luckey you can hold it off 'til the points expire so you have room for more?

I've had 5 speeding tickets this year, only one counted for demerits ;P

Also, its quite hard to get pulled over if you look out for dodgey holdens with no hub caps...

Yip im losing it, 105 points! :angry: Ive been driving for 7yrs and only ever had speeding fines this year. Quite gutted but its a good excuse for the v8 conversion to step up a notch. Nothing i can really do about it and its my own fault so ill just roll with it

i costantly sit at about 110, everywhere i drive on the motor way, i see it as the speedlimit :) havent been pulled over in a year, well once cuz i hooned up to the back of a cop for fun then he pulled in and let me pass so he could pull me over, couldnt do me for anything thoe.

I have been driving 10 years and never got 1 demerit point.

You munters obviously drive too fast, or are too dumb to get away with it.

most of my demerit points were from younger years when i couldnt be assed sitting my restricted and stayed on my learners for 5 years, each time i got pulled over 25 demerit points, never stopped me driving thoe, but im paying for that now, $50 a week for the next few years lol.

Ratshit buzz, always sucks to lose your licence. But in some ways it can be a good thing, just not at this time of year as you wont be going nowhere at new years!!!

Just when they come to collect your licence card off you and make you sign the paper tell them you have misplaced your card, otherwise you will have no ID

Curious - how many of you guys left school before 7th form ?

How hard is it to learn from your mistakes - One ticket yeah a bit of a slap on the wrist, 2 tickets a bit of a wakeup call, but enough tickets to lose your license, something needs to change.

It just sounds like these things happen to you but you dont seem to wanna do anything to stop it happening again.

/rant over.:D!

Edited by E30stz

:angry: Just got pulled up in my freinds car doing 111 in a 100 think it may of tip me over 100points sooooooooo angry

sorry to her mate,my brother lost his liscense for the same thing 3 months loss of liscense but i think he got all his points back thou

Surely if you were on 95 demerit points you would be smart enough not to speed. And especially if you dont know the route and where the cops hide...

gutted for you but in reality was it worth reaching that place 2 minutes sooner?

O its totally my fault i know but it just sucks, Thats the trouble when the base for all canterbury highway patrol is in my home town! I was driving a mates car at about 10pm and must of just rolled over 110, so easy to do. I need cruze control lol.I like the

idea about saying ive misplaced my licence savini :huh: as i dont have a 18+ card.

Curious - how many of you guys left school before 7th form ?

How hard is it to learn from your mistakes - One ticket yeah a bit of a slap on the wrist, 2 tickets a bit of a wakeup call, but enough tickets to lose your license, something needs to change.

It just sounds like these things happen to you but you dont seem to wanna do anything to stop it happening again.

/rant over.:D!

I consider myself to be very well educated,more than most i would think. But thats not the point its just silly mistakes that all of us make sometimes, im sure your not perfect? :)

Ratshit buzz, always sucks to lose your licence. But in some ways it can be a good thing, just not at this time of year as you wont be going nowhere at new years!!!

Just when they come to collect your licence card off you and make you sign the paper tell them you have misplaced your card, otherwise you will have no ID

I hope i get some positives out of it lol. V8 is pretty positive I reckon

Surely if you were on 95 demerit points you would be smart enough not to speed. And especially if you dont know the route and where the cops hide...

gutted for you but in reality was it worth reaching that place 2 minutes sooner?

Not worth in IMO :)

No, I managed to hang on all the way through school :wacko:

sorry to her mate,my brother lost his liscense for the same thing 3 months loss of liscense but i think he got all his points back thou

Yip get a fresh start thank god

Gutted for you friend. Im in the exact same postition. Was on 95 d for 6 months then got snapped doing 112km coming down a hill on motorway. I know the feeling.

If you only just got the ticket then you can still make it passed new years with your license IMO. You have 28 days before reminder 1 is sent, that should take you to start of Decemeber then a further 28 days to take you to start of January. Then 2 weeks before it is refered to court. As soon as it reaches ministry of justice the demerits are applied as it is determined that you are not going to contest the ticket (otherwise you are meant to write to them before it reaches court). Even once the demerits are applied the courts will usually recruit baycorp to serve you with the suspension notice. I've found you can evade baycorp for months on end. They generally turn up at about 8 at night, just make sure someone elses answers the door and never tell them any details of where you work etc etc. Other thing to watch is once the d's are applied a cop can now serve you on the side of the road if you get pulled up.

This is the second time I've lost my license :( I'm now determined to grow/wake up and sort my $hit out. I got my last ticket in 08/06 and I decided to suck it up and went to the cop shop to hand my license in on the 25/09 so I get it back Xmas day!!!

Again dude, I feel for ya. Look on the bright side and try and learn something from it.

my 2 cents

Edited by blak_bmer

Another way to keep a form of ID is to buy a replacement ID for $35, takes 2 weeks to be processed then you have two cards, one fr the police etc.

Is that deal where if you pay more than the fine asks they wipe the debt and credit you with a cheque and if you don't bank it they don't add the demerits?