Sign in to follow this  
318isCoupe

Ok, having decided against working on the 1995 318is Coupe (89k, full m-sport kit including spoiler, suspension, seats, wheels, steering wheel, two sets of wheels - 16" BMW M-Sport wheels & 18" Advanti's) I currently own, I've decided to sell it (offers) and empty my savings towards a new car.

Figuring around a minimum sale price on my car of around 9 grand, I'm probably going to have around 21-22k to play with afterwards.

Now comes the tough question, if you had around that figure, wanted to stick with BMW and liked going fast... what would you buy? (other than the TWR racing E30 M3 currently on Trademe)

e36 m3 at a push? its a little more, but prob one of the best bang for buck...at least what i can think of know

Guest Spargo

e36 m3 at a push? its a little more, but prob one of the best bang for buck...at least what i can think of know

Red one sitting on trademe, 93 with 180k on the clock, unsold in 6 months at 16K.

Get an M3. You wont regret it.

You will probably get the extra you spend back when you sell it, as it may hold its value a little better than a 'normal' e36.

Red one sitting on trademe, 93 with 180k on the clock, unsold in 6 months at 16K.

Its thrashed bro, replaced whole engine cause last one blew up when his brother took it for a ride..

Theres some seriously good deals on m3's on TM at the moment! Makes mine look not so special.. :(

If I gave it a couple more months I could probably get together enough for what those M3 Evo's seem to be going for (around the 27-29k mark) or maybe get a short term loan..

What are you selling Cain?

If I gave it a couple more months I could probably get together enough for what those M3 Evo's seem to be going for (around the 27-29k mark) or maybe get a short term loan..

What are you selling Cain?

What about an E39 540i?

There are a few around for about $20K.

That E34 Cain is selling looks sick tho. :blink:

thats not many Ks,you cant look at this kind of car like that.That car will have had the sort of life that other cars will never see.if it has been looked after it will go for year and years and

thats not many Ks,you cant look at this kind of car like that.That car will have had the sort of life that other cars will never see.if it has been looked after it will go for year and years and

yeah, those kind of TOP of the line cars even for its age, should last longer than a standard BMW or even a TOYOTA if taken care of properly.. for me, one my my life time cars will be a 840ci would care less for the high k's though. best bang for money i say <_< a month ago ive seen a blue MINT AZZ ONE in lincoln road stoped beside me in a stop light in my m8's 350z. and by the holy one.. my m8's car didnt compare at all !!.. the driver was smiling and reved his engine, and we did the same. we gunned it and took the lead for a bit, then he started storming in with his v8 engine then yeh..

A gud mate works at a place in Otahuhu, just thought I'd pass on tha details, but he tells me 2 give u guys an advanced warning, they are repossesed....big old finance company went under and thers 700 cars 2 selll,

lol anyways, he suggested going down the turbo route.... 325/328/m3 evo

just a thought hes going down tht road next year, gona b very interesting

well http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...on-78390915.htm

keep us al posted on ur car buying, by the way isn't that twr m3 unable to be registered due to frontal impact standards

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...12/k-568482.htm

Yeh its not able to be registered. They just didn't put that up on the last auction!

14k M3 + a cage = better than that E30 series car they're asking 20k for. Think of it that way guys.

That 328 is a good price but I'm looking to spend more than that.. and hopefully could get a Coupe with lower K's.

For now.. just gonna keep saving for an M3 Evo..

Guest Andrew

Yeh its not able to be registered. They just didn't put that up on the last auction!

14k M3 + a cage = better than that E30 series car they're asking 20k for. Think of it that way guys.

That 328 is a good price but I'm looking to spend more than that.. and hopefully could get a Coupe with lower K's.

For now.. just gonna keep saving for an M3 Evo..

There is no way you'd build a competitive e30 m3 race car for 20k - even with that TWR car.

I'd buy the turbo :D

If you are looking for a every day driver i would stear away from the e30 m3. I have one an i can tell u a similar aged 911 is cheaper to service and thats saying somethiing. Problem is finding parts like spark pkugs in nz for the s14 engine.BMW dealerships dont carry them in stock and neither do any other part retailers in nz. You need to import them from the states or europe. So diffinatly costs. However it diffentaly has some grunt and is great fun. I would be tempted to buy a manual 328 e36 or a e36 m3 if it streches that far it will diffentaly be a step up from the 318. the 840 is also another good option. a good unique car with real grunt!