Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

A new look for M3NTAL

Guest Spargo

I'm getting bored with the stockness of my fly ride, And i'm thinking along the lines of a black - silver theme for the outside of my car.

Bearing in mind that polaris silver is a very "blue" silver (as seen in the pics), what would you recommend?

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've come up with this thus far:

Carbon badges

Smoked hella front lights

New fogs with smoked film over them

Black euro plate

Smoked tails

shaved sidemarkers

dechromed "325iS" badge

split rims with either bodycolour or black centres

tints - whats a %age that I can run all the way around - I hate mismatched tints

And for when I finally win at skycity poker:

Carbon bonnet

Carbon sunroof

Carbon bootlid with integrated CSL style lip

New M-tec rear with integrated Schnitzer style carbon diffuser

Alpina Type 147 front cow catcher

DTM C/f "luft" mirrors (92- vented style)

What else would you do?

Dear Sam,

hmmm you car is pretty clean dude....

I would maybe stick with it bit do the following

Xenon HID kit upgrade for projectors

Cyrstal euro smoke side markers / indercators for front.

Ollies red-out tails

And to be honest not much else. If you really want to change the look of your car .. start with the wheels. Re-dish some BBS RS's to 17 inch with polished step lip and stretched rubber .... match the line to the gaurds , 9 inch rear 8 inch up the front... do this .... it'll be pimp.

Infact do the wheel thing .. you'll love it

your friend

josh.

massive intercooler on the front? connected to a holset?

j stocks/gunmetal weaves

smileys at least..smoke if you MUST

clear indicators/sides

def tints..silver needs it

all red tails...smokes look ok i suppose

word. deep dish would be pimpin' on your ride....maybe wouldn't be that original though

become a blingin' superstar.... Get tasteful Chrome wheels and black market mirror tints! Make everything chrome. Make that sh*t stand out from the other playa hater wannabes, polish it till it blinds...yeah

gunmetal weaves

for the ultimate formula to being pulled over all the time

I think if your going for a 'silver' look I wouldnt smoke anything I'd get clear indicators and repeaters, and who ever said to do full on red tails is very smart because that would look wicked. and just a few little things help, possible delock the doors and colour code the handles. Maybe even a single wiper blade conversion would be cool too

Guest Spargo

I don't like smileys, and am stoked I don't have them thank you gus.

NO TURBO - this money would be better spent on a newer engine. And this is a cosmetic thread <_<

Ryan - clear doesn't look good on silver - see that other silver m-tec 2.7 for proof of this.

I'll get Ollie to red my lights - sounds like a cool idea.

De lock is a cool idea - defo on the cards.

Colour coded handles - good idea

Gunmetal weaves are a cool idea, but if I were to retain weaves, I may as well pony up for 16" Sport Evo nogaro ones.

RS's are nice, and I DO know where a set of 17"s are for sale, but they don't fit into my long term plans - my brakes will require at least a 35 offset.

So what percentage tint? What are you running Gus? Any idea?

Silver bulbs/DIY spray painted orange bulbs, to get rid of the orange in the indicators.

Btw Spargo, I saw your car on Hobson last night, looks awesome! I actually think I saw it on Hobson a few weeks back, in the day - you were cruising right beside me then you gave it a bit of gas and the exhaust sounded good, it was very raw and didn't sound like a stock exhaust. Have you de-catted or something?

Tints definitely look good. 35% is the legal limit. Don't go for the elcheapo tint though, go for the decent lifetime warranty one, that Martyn and I have. Costs a few extra dollaros but looks better than the other one.

Smoke your sh*t as well, and agree on the red lights.. p1mp.

and just where might those 17" BBS RS's be hinding? i could do with a set of 17's aswell :D

Guest Spargo

Btw Spargo, I saw your car on Hobson last night, looks awesome! I actually think I saw it on Hobson a few weeks back, in the day - you were cruising right beside me then you gave it a bit of gas and the exhaust sounded good, it was very raw and didn't sound like a stock exhaust. Have you de-catted or something?

Totally stock - its all in the engine!

and just where might those 17" BBS RS's be hinding? i could do with a set of 17's aswell :D

they're 5 lug et13 - they're at a tyre shop!