Sign in to follow this  
joshnz

semi broken into .. wannabe thieving scumbags

So this morning I park my car where I normally do on Saturday .. where everyone else does, never been a break in, my boss leaves early (10am) - then comes back into the store - "one of your car windows is smashed", I was fully f**king speechless, ran out to my car and some motherf**ker (with what looks like a hammer hole) has put it straight through the left front passenger window, my alarm must have gone off and deterred them from going further because my new springs, exhaust and radar detector which were in full view are all still there - nothing was taken.

Lesson; I am a f**king moron, don't leave sh*t in view that is of any value.

I have rang every 24hour glass repair place in town and everyone is either out of stock of BMW glass or doesn't want to come out and fix it, any ideas on where to go in Palmy? Wreckers on Monday I have been told.

Yes, for the record (again, I am a moron).

post-1430-1164440452_thumb.jpg

Yea, sorry about that..........no just joking :lol:

My grandparent just recently walked up to their car and someone was trying to pick the lock, apparently he just ran off. The fricken idiots!!

Just a pain in the ass they are :angry:

Edited by Cale

101 of car safetly never leave valuable things visible from outside..

even hints of sumthing expensive (speaker wires).. my amp wires runs from headeck to amp - speakers all the way under the carpets.. took me a bloody good 2 hourz trying to figure out a way to do it.. but its worth while.. no wires sticking out..

You're not the only one.

For a pack of $8 smokes. Rear quraterlight, the smokes were sitting in the centre console.

(And a kick in the front left for good luck)

Very,very dumb.

All fixed now though.Car's absolutely mint, and yes the wheels are back to being silver (Been busy with exams lol)

post-377-1164526507_thumb.jpg

post-377-1164526522_thumb.jpg

Edited by BMW POWER

I got burnt last night as well.. luckily no damage. Took my two cd wallets.. about 100 cds in total gone. didn't take anything in my boot, or my new deftones album which was sitting in its case on the drivers side... phew! when i get my insurance, i think i'll just buy an ipod head unit for the car (i only use cds for me car).

Bummer to you other fullas.

lol @ everywhere bar aucks :). bad luck guys.

Emma easy solution - tell ur mum not to smoke. Will save your car from getting pwned.

Went to Jeff Gray this morning to doule check on the tint of my windows - the parts chick said they have had 5 Bimmers in the last week been broken into and side windows smashed (smash and grab sort of sh*t).

They want over $500 for the window + installation, I said I would "think about it" .. thanks very very much to Brent on the forums who has been able to help me out, much appreciated kind sir.

It pays to be very cautious these days.

When i park just for a 3 hour exam (which takes 1 1/2 hours) at school i make sure i have the aerial down (its been snapped of before) i take off the face plate on my cd player and take it all with me. So far i've had no attempts or break ins. touch wood.

Edited by Mikal

Emma easy solution - tell ur mum not to smoke. Will save your car from getting pwned.

A million times Andy, once when I was 8 I buried them in the garden and again when i was 10 i chucked them in the river.

Just told her shes going to have less time to spend with her beautiful BMW and gorgeous family.

It pays to be very cautious these days.

When i park just for a 3 hour exam (which takes 1 1/2 hours) at school i make sure i have the aerial down (its been snapped of before) i take off the face plate on my cd player then make sure my wallet or phone or mp3 player is out of site usually just chuck it all under the seat. So far i've had no attempts or break ins. touch wood.

Mikal are you at a Boys High or a co-ed school? I'm going to have to watch that but from almost every window in my school I could see my car parked right outside.Would girls break into a car? (I go to an all girls school) but yeah mofos walking past could smash and grab gargh

Edited by BMW POWER

joshnz, is your car not covered for free glass repairs with your insurance??

Nah, for some reason it isn't, I'm in the process of changing insurance co's .. will make sure thats a definite free thang with the new one.

Would girls break into a car? (I go to an all girls school) but yeah mofos walking past could smash and grab gargh

HAHAHHA like f**k they dont steal sh*t.

Saw some bunga girl try breaking into a car at school..lack of intellegence led her to smash the window and grab 3 beanies and run into the bush.Went and had a look at the car after telling the office and there was 2 cd cases,some cds,a radar detector and coinage....but 3 beanies must have tickeled her fancy.

5% mirror tints and you wont have to worry :)

BMW POWER Posted Today, 04:26 PM

Mikal are you at a Boys High or a co-ed school? I'm going to have to watch that but from almost every window in my school I could see my car parked right outside.Would girls break into a car? (I go to an all girls school) but yeah mofos walking past could smash and grab gargh

I dont think it matters in Whangarei if it's a boys or girls (mine is a mix) we have some pretty dodgey girls roaming the grounds lol.

I usually park my car in the teachers car park as it is out of bounds to students. Only none of my classes has windows facing the car park. :(

Edited by Mikal

I know in the States you can get a very strong adhesive window film that will protect your windows from ppl getting in. Its so strong it will take a hit from an axe but havent seen it available here - has anyone seen anything of the like here in NZ?

Edited by ducatiss

I was parked outside school for like 1 hour and my drivers window got smashed... they tried geting in but the good old bmw dead locks stoped the bastads...

Gota love BMWs ae...

also with the chiped keys its imposible to steal... mint stuff

Yeah, sorry to hear you guys that have had your cars broken into. There is a huge car park outside my school and you can see it from most classrooms. One day when I was sitting in class, I just glanced out the window and I saw someone smash the left rear window of a older (id say 94') 320 with a metal pipe. There is construction going on at the moment so theres a lot of bits of metal and wood lying around. I was amazed that somebody would do something like that when the car park is in view of most of the classrooms. You think they would have something better to do, maybe they should get a job.

I know in the States you can get a very strong adhesive window film that will protect your windows from ppl getting in. Its so strong it will take a hit from an axe but havent seen it available here - has anyone seen anything of the like here in NZ?

Is this it?

http://www.tintacar.co.nz/autofilm_unbreak.shtml

My dads got on his holden. It works!

Some little f**ker tried to break into it and couldn't smash the window, so they tried to crowbar the passenger door off. Didn't get in, but did alot of damage

Is this it?

http://www.tintacar.co.nz/autofilm_unbreak.shtml

My dads got on his holden. It works!

Some little f**ker tried to break into it and couldn't smash the window, so they tried to crowbar the passenger door off. Didn't get in, but did alot of damage

i would have my doubts about that stuff. to me it would make it easier to break into the car. break the glass with a window tapper then cut the tint with a razor.... pull the whole window out. but i guess it would stop your average opportunist theif

Yea thats true...im guessing this guy was an average opportunist. Still it would of been better if he had actually got inside the car, instead of trying to rip the door off

328imobbin Posted Today, 02:24 PM

i would have my doubts about that stuff. to me it would make it easier to break into the car. break the glass with a window tapper then cut the tint with a razor.... pull the whole window out. but i guess it would stop your average opportunist theif

I'm sure i saw this on TV, the film just makes the job tidier for thieves. I think they also said it was quieter to break into.

I think in most cases that if someone is going to smash your window then it doesn't matter if it's going to be loud or not. It's also a pain in the arse to remove all the little bits of smashed glass so there's benefits there. Pays not to leave your radar detector in full view aye.