Sign in to follow this  
bimmer boy

Alarm choices

I got a mongoose 4 star alarm installed in my e36, its good apart from everytime you open a door after 30 seconds it goes off, so its a pain in the ass when your trying to work on your car, my mechanic especially hates it :unsure: Also got an added battery backup siren for another $40 just for bit of extra peace of mind... I had an attempted break in in my old libero GT with the same mongoose alarm and the theives only got as far as smashing the rear quarter window n opening a door, I had about $1000 worth of cricket gear in the car at the time!!!

hey man iv been an alarm installer going on five years now and iv done my fair shair of e36's including my own m3.

that thing with your doors is just a programing thing if you want to know how to sort it give me a buzz 0212233455

my name is jared

Be careful there, mine has a blue LED, and it changes to red when its been disturbed, so I wouldnt just cut it off and change the LED.

i have the dynatron D3600 the installers didnt install it very well it came with the car when i got it. it came with a red LED light but i changed it to the Bright Blue warning light i got it from uniden and installed it myself very eazy to install only two wires. yep lights up the inside of the car at night doesnt use alot of power. auto immobilse about 26 seconds is abit of a pain but i dont complan becuase at the end of the day it's only doing its job keeping your car safe.

it has sensors on all 4 doors as my car is a sadan the boot and the bonet glass break sensor. code hoping remote makeing it harder for thiefts to get your transmitor code becuase it changes code all the time.

the reason why some alarms go off when trucks go past is because they have a tilt sensor or a shock sensor when cars with big bore exorst or big trucks go past they transmet virbration and thats with sets them off.

(In my opinoin) in a car alarm go for car alarms with Pin Override becuase you need the pin to override it unless you can bypass it via the wires. DONT go for car alarms with a Velet Switch or override switch because all the thieft needs to do is break the ignition witch is what they normaly do then push the Velet switch and the immobilser and alarm is bypassed very eazy so spend more money and get the ones with the pin override.

another good thing to get is a back up battary so if the theift disconnects the main battary the alarm will still sound.

i believe the more immobilsers the better the Dynatron D600 has Two. the immobilsers are 40amp and above i think ment to be good

my Boss got a mongoose alarm but she doesnt use it on account of it gos off all the time its a 5 start one. so cant see the point in haveing an alarm that is too censative then you dont wanna use it. because has it crys wolf all the time.

my Next alarm im looking at geting a Viper with remote start mainly because i like the idear of the pager the alarm will page you if anyone trigers the alarm the the proxsinity sensors seem real good.

MY bottem line Answer is Go With Dynatron and get a good alarm installer. the last place with got our alarm installed

was auto eletric city they done a ten out of ten job cost 400 dollar to put it in but well worth the 400 dollars

Specific points of interest

1. Spelling – Users are not to attack others for their spelling. Bimmersport is a car enthusiast forum, not a university grammar test. However we do expect a certain level of legibility and ‘text’ language or modern ‘colloquialism’ will not be tolerated.

2. Attacking new members – For Bimmersport and New Zealand’s BMW community to thrive, all newcomers are welcome and older members ganging up on them will not be tolerated.

FORUM RULES

To Joe Black: It is poor forum ettiquette to dig up old threads, or fail to exercise a certain amount of care with spelling and grammar.