Sign in to follow this  
RvT

V1 Valentine Radar Detector

Just imported a few V1 Radar detectors for friends & family thru a grand parent in the US as you can't bring in direct to NZ. This is the absolute latest model as it came in the post today.

One person has pulled out so I have one only available. I could sell on Trademe but I am a devoted BMW fan and profit is not what drives me. The US price is $US 399 on the web site. I have added the cost of postage to NZ so the price is $NZ650.

The unit is totally boxed and factory sealed. If you are out of Christchurch area, the courier cost for T&T is an extra $17. The warranty is with the factory in US, not me :)

First in best dressed.

Send me an email but again, only have one unit available.

Ron

What is involved in updating the software for NZ spec (as I understand this is what you must do for it to work best in NZ.)

What is involved in updating the software for NZ spec (as I understand this is what you must do for it to work best in NZ.)

Hey Dude, I have got one on its way from Ron. On www.v1.com they explain it all to you, i think it just disabling x band as it is not operated here and it will cut out a few false alarms

I am also interested in update procedures.

I have an NZ new one, but its pretty old.

Hi

Jed is correct that it is all on the web site. There seems to be some misconceptions by some sellers of V1s that they are "configured" for NZ. The facts are that Valentine do not have distributors anywhere but in the US. They will not sell outside the US which is on their web site for all to see. What they do have is software to enable you to update to the latest available and can show you how to recode the detectors to miss certain wave bands as required by the user.

In NZ, we don't need the X band as the police here do not use this band in their equipment. Electric doors are the common users of X bands and therefore give false alarms. If someone is selling V1s as "programmed for NZ conditions", all they have done is followed the instructions on the web site and removed X band. I call it clever marketing :)

I never bothered reprogramming my current V1 as the arrow system usely tells me it is an electric door.

I have had Whistlers and several Bell top of the range models over the years before I got my first V1. The V1 is the best around and the price of this one is at COST - no profit. They cost me $US399 (on the web site) plus postage to US address + postage to NZ. You do the maths :)

Ron

Hi all

I have a V1 radar and would like to know whether I can add a Jammer (if Valantine make one??) to my existing radar or do I have to buy a whole new unit?

nah ... jammers are a different thing ... you can only legally buy laser jammers ... and im not even sure if they are legal to use ;)

JC BMW even sells them off the shelf .. haha