Sign in to follow this  
Turning_Point

Rear Parcel Tray

the gypsy the previous owned my car took to my rear parcel tray with an angle grinder and cut the speaker holes bigger for the 6x9s (honestly...who does that) anyways..was wondering if the rear parcel tray..particularly the metal part is replacable/removable.

not too keen to get it welded and getting an engineers report (which costs like 1000)

the bently manual was no help to me

thanks.

I think the metal part or the rear shelf is joint with the chassic.

I don't understand what does the welding has to do with engineering report? Can you not just weld a piece up Monster Garage style?

Yeah man the rear parcel tray is part of the structure of the car.

If the warrent guy see it he will fail you as the structual integrity of the car is weakened.

So you'll have to get it welded up or do it yourself otherwise your gonna have to look at writing the car off.

Who the f**k hacks into the structure of a car with a angle grinder if they ain't panel beating???? :angry:

Man there are some Ruff Kunts around :ph34r:

Edited by MrHamWallet

I think the metal part or the rear shelf is joint with the chassic.

I don't understand what does the welding has to do with engineering report? Can you not just weld a piece up Monster Garage style?

if u fail at a WOF... they will make you get it welded up. and then get an engineers report to check that the welds are correct and strong enough.

thanks guys

The best way around it is to get it welded before you fail a WOF, and get it done really tidy including paint. If its all nice and tidy, they won't pick up on it. If they see big gaping ragged holes I'll bet my left nut they'll spot it and then you'll have to get it welded and certed at a much bigger cost, or write the car off. Did you notice before you bought the car???

cant you just hide it?! im sure that the only thing WOF people look at in the boot is the spare tyre... if that..

Stick some pink fur on the back...They'll feel sorry for you and give you a WOF for sure.

That,or take it to Speedy motors bahaah

Just so we are all clear - the rear parcel self is not a structural part of the car. It's just the WOF people see it that way [they are wrong]

haha just wanted to know in case i got pinkd (cars a lil low) been green'd once haha.. but havent had any problems with police in a long time now :)

ive got a couple of places that i take for wofs and i get my way with them, however vtnz is not the most forgiving.. so just wanted to check first.

haha i didnt know speedy was still around :P