Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Festive Measures

NZ Herald Article

Police cars will be driven with their lights on at all times over the holiday period to make them more conspicuous and remind drivers to be alert.

Great - now I'll be able to see the buggers in time enough to slow down. Who thought of that particular bit of genius???

LOL- I think I'll drive around with mine on too, just so wankers don't pull out to pass traffic with no room (I've had to swerve a couple of times lately).

NZ Herald Article

Great - now I'll be able to see the buggers in time enough to slow down. Who thought of that particular bit of genius???

Are they talking headlights.. or the red and blues?

People will be pulling over everywhere :S

I'm guessing headlights - but I was inferring red and blues. How good would that be?

Although having their headlights on will actually make it harder to tell if they are a cop or not. Won' make them more noticeable - I doubt anyone drives past a cop without realising it was there. The headlight ploy is prolly just to make it harder to see the markings from a distance.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Bahah imagine siren lights on all the time.

Still quite dumb,I mean who else puts their headlights on during the day.Will make it more obvious.

Still quite dumb,I mean who else puts their headlights on during the day.Will make it more obvious.

I drive with headlights on whenever on the open rd.

Well if I steer clear of you,I should see them coming!

One of my headlights is bung and the other one is filled with water...or I would too haha

I do all the time, just put a bit of black insulation tape over the light sensor in the Territory. They turn off automatically when I lock it.

The Norwegians have a 'lights on all the time' law.

Edited by StylesM5

LOL- I think I'll drive around with mine on too, just so wankers don't pull out to pass traffic with no room (I've had to swerve a couple of times lately).

Likewise, I had quite a few, some really close, mostly when driving my big black MPV. Have driven with mine on for years now and had no further problems.

If the cops put their lights on, it will make it far more difficult to see their light bar behind the glare. Makes me :wub: my detector all the more....

As I understand it - the rationale is to act as a deterrent. They claim they don't want be giving tickets or scraping the remains of people from their cars all the time and they hope that people will slow down everytime they see a set of headlights. Eventually, they hope that with people slowing down more often, they'll get into the habit of driving more sensibly.

Its a nice idea, but reading every day about idiots who consider themselves to be great drivers and above the laws of this country, I'm guessing its destined to change nothing for the a certain group of drivers. Of course, it'll also change nothing for the law-abiding drivers, as they won't need to slow down. However, the idiot drivers keep wrapping themselves around fixed objects on the side of the road, so natural attrition could help...

My lights are on almost permanantly!! Im sick of dickhead Holden Drivers not seeing me... :ph34r:

Lucky i had a look as this thread,it reminded me i left my lights on! haha

I usually have mine on during the day aswell.

Edited by Mikal

pretty sure I just saw a speed camera in the back of a Hyundai Sonata out back roads of Papakura, not your typical speedcamera vehicle.

High beam from me in your face, 24/7

high beams are a pain in the retina Cam,lows are more than sufficient....please!?

pretty sure I just saw a speed camera in the back of a Hyundai Sonata out back roads of Papakura, not your typical speedcamera vehicle.

i heard on the radio, that the coppas hve hired a range of vechiles for the summer, including trade vechcles and the such and even an ice cream truck!! weather its a scare tactic or not shuld be an interesting summer on the roads!!

i heard on the radio, that the coppas hve hired a range of vechiles for the summer, including trade vechcles and the such and even an ice cream truck!! weather its a scare tactic or not shuld be an interesting summer on the roads!!

Yea thats probabley a good thing in trying to make drivers slow down cuz after being pinged by a speed camera a couple of times i can spot them a mile away