Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ari Gold

Most amusing open class car?

Guest Spargo

I gave this some thought (I was bored) and what do you reckon would be the most amusing open class car to race with? Its gotta follow the regs though!

Me personally? I'd enter an X5 with an E39 M5 engine in it.

I gave this some thought (I was bored) and what do you reckon would be the most amusing open class car to race with? Its gotta follow the regs though!

Me personally? I'd enter an X5 with an E39 M5 engine in it.

That would probably be the most extravagant (in terms of vehicle and build cost) short of a E65 760il complete with sat.nav. to get you around the track!!!

The most amusing, I think, would be a stock 1602 wagon with a GrpA or DTM E30 M3 engine, still running on steelies w/chrome trims and retreads (prolly not aloud them on the track), oh the sound, but what the ...........

I was thinking more like a e12 or e28 with a m5 3.8 Turbo in it. Say around 800hp that way could still get some traction

One of those limited edition 3.3 turbo 745's, rebuilt with bulletproof internals and a turbo the size of a dinner plate... and around 700hp of laggy goodness.

are BMW formula 1 cars eligable? I was thinking of buying last years one.

Nice single seater sitting on the floor at BMW Mt Wellington at the moment, could ask I guess? Posted Image

Oh that one with the BMW chassis and engine?

No. The '80s one with the 6.75 litre turbo Rolls Royce Engine. Got torque? :mellow:

No. The '80s one with the 6.75 litre turbo Rolls Royce Engine. Got torque? :mellow:

It's already been done Mate! David Blackmore raced one at Whenuapai in the late 90's. It was Crazy [he ended up spinning it out, and getting T-Boned by Jacko's camaro amongst all the tyre smoke]

Just a thought, as the E30 diesels were available turbo charged doesn't that make any turbo E30 eligible too?????

What are the rules on fuel type though? Because you'd probably have to keep a turbo E30 diesel.. saying that, I've seen some pretty nuts turbo diesel ones on youtube.

E46 318i Auto.