Sign in to follow this  
will

Germanplates team

nice collection! are they all yours :rolleyes:

That isnt half of his collection!!!

Well....tell us more......who sent it and what did it say ?

The good folks at LTNZ, which says that The Transport Act 1986 indicates that only authorised registration plates can be affixed to a vehicle, and to use items that can be mistaken for an authorised plate is an offense.

What is interesting is the answer to question to what is an authorised registration plate as the Act doesn't describe the manner of how an authorised plate is to be produced.

Edited by 318Touring

The good folks at LTNZ, which says that The Transport Act 1986 indicates that only authorised registration plates can be affixed to a vehicle, and to use items that can be mistaken for an authorised plate is an offense.

What is interesting is the answer to question to what is an authorised registration plate as the Act doesn't describe the manner of how an authorised plate is to be produced.

Right then, Ive had my legal team (wife) look it over and yes it is an offence. All the statutes are on the web which is handy.

See here....

Transport (Vehicle and Driver Registration and Licensing) Act 1986

Part 1 Registration and licensing of motor vehicles (s 4 to s [36A)

Licences for motor vehicles

17 Unauthorised, deceptive, or obscured registration plates or unauthorised licence

(e)Uses any motor vehicle which has affixed to it any registration plate or licence which is not authorised by or under this Act to be affixed to that vehicle or any other item which in either case is likely to be mistaken for any authorised registration plate or licence; or

The only way to have a legal plate is for it to be authorised by the registrar, or by someone who is authorised by the registrar.

Bugger !

Bugger !

Exactly as I thought.

As a precaution, keep your NZ produced plates at ALL times in the car, just in case.....

Looks good will. I've been away all week on the boat (BMW boat pics to come) and will be away most of this week aswell as back on the boat over the weekend. I will endeavor to stop by some time after work to see how your projects are coming along and finalise some meet details.