Sign in to follow this  
jpp

Opinions on this guys paint choice?

I'm sure most have seen the car, but opinions on the colour choice and the bold wheel colour?

3rd pic is of a paint look I'm after...

post-1370-1170926845.jpg

post-1370-1170927261.jpg

post-1370-1170927632_thumb.jpg

looks good in photos..ive always found matt black stuff just looks scum and westy in real life

so awesome! go for it!

Yeah thats what i was thinking, might not look as goon in real life.

If it was a perfect even finish?

What if you put a clear coat on it? Would that make it 'normal' black? Or just give it a little depth?

Satin white?

Thoses pics are real hot for me.

I deff. don't want a scum matt black from a dulux can job.

I'm thinking a gloss black with good prep. etc then a light sand with a high grit.

Will talk to a few panel mates and prob get a painter to do it though as black is hard to paint, but since its not gloss maybe not so hard?

Matt black that is finished smooth looks bullshit!

What it needs is 'bog file' and 80 grit sanding marks under the paint, plus a couple of decals on the front guards and a Number written on the rear quarter windows in white shoe polish .

Then to add a touch of reality, you need some greasy paw marks all around the engine bay/fenders & on the seat where your girlfriend sits in her white shorts [a test of true love]

Thats the "Back Street Hero" look

Matt black that is finished smooth looks bullshit!

What it needs is 'bog file' and 80 grit sanding marks under the paint, plus a couple of decals on the front guards and a Number written on the rear quarter windows in white shoe polish .

Then to add a touch of reality, you need some greasy paw marks all around the engine bay/fenders & on the seat where your girlfriend sits in her white shorts [a test of true love]

Thats the "Back Street Hero" look

f**k yeah !!!! I'm with Kerry on this subject

I'm not a fan of black, but I do agree that a high gloss perfect black finish can look stunning, where a matt black looks dreadful, no matter how well its done.

haha matt black is so waikaraka park/westy lol

looks cool on a dirty track racer

matt black for old american cruiser, not e30!

Matt Black is the (un)official colour of the back-street racer!

Where you're playing a constant losing game with 'mechanical attrition'.

Why bother painting the 'sumbitch' when there's money to be spent on go-fast bits [and you always ruin the paint by pullin' the engine with a rope tied to a tree

"Matt Black suits an E30 street warrior more than a 1950's finned dinosaur"

In my opinion it will look absolute sh*t. Just because it would look like you couldnt afford a good quality paint job and would look like you did it at home over a weekend with some westy mates in hoodies and aerosol cans, but thats just me.

As well I second what Chris said, it would look good on a track car but not on a street car because it just wont appear that finish was intentional, it would just look a bit trashy.

Guest Spargo

There is a matt black M-tec 1 out at ardmore - I will try and snap some flicks next week for youse

There a guy on the shore with a pre f/l e30 rough as looking,slammed.chromes.mirror tints.satin black from a can.

Looks average from a distance but from close up it looks sh*t.

Satin black with some clear would look badass me thinks...as long as car was straight as f**k.

That e30 in pic 1 and 2 is such a badass colour.flick the dude a txt and ask him bahaha