Sign in to follow this  
RichardM

Woundering how much my bmw is worth?

Hey guys, this is my first post.

Ok, so I am woundering how much would my bmw be worth...

Its 318i manual 1992, it has done 170,008 kms.

heres a few pics of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love this car, but im planning on selling it at around October this year because I need the money to be a exchange student and go to sweden.

So if anyone can help me it would be great.... cheers!

post-1746-1172118319_thumb.jpg

Hey guys, this is my first post.

Ok, so I am woundering how much would my bmw be worth...

Its 318i manual 1992, it has done 170,008 kms.

heres a few pics of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love this car, but im planning on selling it at around October this year because I need the money to be a exchange student and go to sweden.

So if anyone can help me it would be great.... cheers!

is it nz-new, and does it have a full service history? if its in good nick, and only has a few very minor problems upon a professional inspection, i'd say u shud get around 5 - 6k

is it nz-new, and does it have a full service history? if its in good nick, and only has a few very minor problems upon a professional inspection, i'd say u shud get around 5 - 6k

It is New Zealand new, Im getting a new seat belt on it and a new exhust put onto it. It has a serivce record.

It is New Zealand new, Im getting a new seat belt on it and a new exhust put onto it. It has a serivce record.

Hi Richard

I would agree with breakmywindow, I just had my car valued last week for insurance reasons, I had a look at the red bookvalue - your looking at between $4K-$6K

Sweden? Dont buy a Volvo .... :-)

Manual pushes price up slightly - I'd say you could easily get $6-8k.

$6k seems to be roughly right. Feck I paid that for my first e30!

Hi Richard

I would agree with breakmywindow, I just had my car valued last week for insurance reasons, I had a look at the red bookvalue - your looking at between $4K-$6K

Sweden? Dont buy a Volvo .... :-)

haha nah mate im gonna get a SAAB...

jokes, when I come back im so going to get a bmw again, I just love them now.

Manual pushes price up slightly - I'd say you could easily get $6-8k.

$6k seems to be roughly right. Feck I paid that for my first e30!

well I payed $6k for it, and im spending 1k on it on tuesday to get a new exhust on it, just a stock one because it has this one on it and it sounds super gay, has a hole in it which can be weld but im tryed of getting pulled over. getting a new seat belt but thats it, nothing else wrong with it.

I had to search all over the South Island to get a manual E36 318i, ended up buying one in Gore lol. You can definitley use the fact that its a manual as a bargaining point, the dealers would have it on their lot for at least 7-8. As far as you selling it, should be able to get at least 6, quite possibly 7 or 8.

Sorry guys, it's only a 92 318 and done 170k, manual or not it's probably not worth more than $4500, regardless of what you have to spend on it. I doubt a dealer would go past $3500 for it, if you had to sell, he might have it on his lot fot 6 to 7 but they all have negotiating room in their prices. Put it on trademe with a $1 reserve, doubt it would go to $4000. At the end of the day, give yourself plenty of time to sell, and be prepared to wait it out for the right person, you might get lucky. Only worth what someone's willing to pay. Good luck.

I'll agree in the 4- 5k bracket, only because a newer NZ new 318 manual recently sold for 4.5k, i had a look at it, and wasnt really prepared in the end to pay much more than 4 for it.... 5.5 max? In saying that, it could probably be sold for 6k to the right buyer.