Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

Best birthday present ever

So my car was stolen during my Birthday party on Saturday night. Was found Sunday, on the side of a back street in Mt Eden, screwed.

Maybe I should just buy a honda, jeeze.

post-713-1172435587_thumb.jpg

post-713-1172435593_thumb.jpg

post-713-1172435603_thumb.jpg

post-713-1172435610_thumb.jpg

f**k that's a long skid mark - whoever stole your car can't drive to save themselves (obviously). Insured?

I feel for you dude - that sh*t sucks big hairy balls.

Looks repairable though - new rims or fix that one, obviously tie rod or rack broke - andy damage to strut top? New guard etc - fixed. Might be a grand or two, but definately fixable.

Edited by bravomikewhiskey

Gutted mate, i know how you feel. At least you got in back tho

Yeah im mainly just glad I still have it. The wheel is definately hosed - and the control arm / steering arm are totaly sheered and hanging. Not sure if the mount points were ripped yet, still have to get it up on stands to check that out. Fortunately I have a spare white guard and valance, but that kit is looking pretty sick. I also still have my other car which has already sacrificed most of itself for this car, so i'll be stealing more from that.

Insurance wont cover because it wasnt parked in the proper offstreet park that they wanted. I could have lied but the park I park in has my other car in it on axel stands...

Mate thats gutting, but how can your insurance refuse to pay out because it wasnt parked where you usually park it ?

What if you come home and decided to stop at your neighbours place for a brew ? You leave your car at their place and it gets nicked ?

The fact that your other car is on stilts is here nor there, you put it there after your other one was nicked ;-)

Id fight it with them

Yeah I obviously disputed it, so im waiting for someone to come out to my place to sort it.

At any rate still sucks =\

Yeah im mainly just glad I still have it. The wheel is definately hosed - and the control arm / steering arm are totaly sheered and hanging. Not sure if the mount points were ripped yet, still have to get it up on stands to check that out. Fortunately I have a spare white guard and valance, but that kit is looking pretty sick. I also still have my other car which has already sacrificed most of itself for this car, so i'll be stealing more from that.

Insurance wont cover because it wasnt parked in the proper offstreet park that they wanted. I could have lied but the park I park in has my other car in it on axel stands...

Which insurance company are you with? I work for a major insurance company on the underwriting side of things, I find it strange how they are declining your claim, and Im a little biased when our beemers are involved..

It's through my fathers insurance, Tower I think, either that or state. He's been handling it since i'm in Brazil at the moment.

It's through my fathers insurance, Tower I think, either that or state. He's been handling it since i'm in Brazil at the moment.

If its through State Or NZI they require you to park your car AT HOME for where you mentioned (drive way/carport/garage) when you took out the policy. If you are visiting a mates place, out the movies etc where your car is parked State/NZ will pay out / there are no clauses in the policy wording to say "you are not insured for" if you have parked it elsewhere other then your home.

Out of the E30's on States/NZI's books, the only one that requires tight security is as we all know the M3 or a Convertible, the rest of the range is basic in terms of security requirements, unless you had a restricted licence or lower.

the car must be with Tower if you have been declined, Im not sure on what they do, If you are with State - PM me

that fully sux man.

but wouldnt u rather push your broken bimmer that drive a honda !?

Man totally gutted for ya. Saw you in Newton Rd a couple of weeks back the car looked tits. Hope you get it back on the road soon and the insurance crap works itself out.

Sorry to see mate ... looks repairable however.

Also don't get a Honda if you don't want people messing with your car - trust me Hondas (especially type r's) get it lot worse than BMWs (old school and new) - most don't come back in one piece once taken (usually in various bits and pieces).

As for insurance - it does seem a little odd that the underwriter has declined claim. I have heard of cases where insurers will only insure a vehicle if it's parked at a preagreed park (that's not unusual) - in fact I know of a vehicle with a policy that restricts the hours the car maybe driven and where it maybe driven to and where it must be parked (a certain Mclaren F1 : P). Lucky for me I don't have any of the restrictions for the CSL ...

damn a honda would have shrugged that sh*t right off..

sucks

AgaiN!!

Damn dude, you have just as bad luck as me.

Just stick it out.

YOu know its worth it :D

Gareth, if the insurance thing falls through, just trailer it up to me and I will fix it (with your help, of course.) I think I might just have a spare bit or two for an e30...

Need to catch the little fc*$rrs and ballpein their thieving little hands and kneecaps!

Will

Thanks Will, irrespective of insurance i'll be getting this bad boy fixed up - I just dont have the means to get it to you, I dont own or know anyone that owns a car with a towball and that has the time to take me a few hours north.

Fyi I was only kidding about the honda thing - if that was a honda which did that I dont think there'd be much left to salvage :D

M3 Cab - You drive a red e30 M3? Spotted one one on Newton a few weeks back, was going to pull over but too much traffic.

Dude, Baseball bat to whoever stole it.

Man id be pissed, does look repairable though?

Yep pretty repairable. Took another look today, just some pretty basic damage that is part out - part in stuff. Just have no-where to store or work on it at the moment.

How you getting on with this Gareth?

I saw the car parked on the side of the rd in mt eden, was like 'dam, wasted'

feel your pain!! same kinda thing happend to my old car, but everything is fixable, honda wouldnt have survived that.

Insurance never paid - and after looking more closely it was such little damage it would have ruined my bonus anyway. Current status is one totally bent control arm, one very screwed and sheered steering arm rod end, and some kit / valance damage. And one gouged mag.

The valance has been beaten back into submission, all good there - the 1/4 pannel has been replaced, all good there...the only real thing I have a problem with now is the ball joint on the control arm...its got a ver slight threading issue...once i have that sorted, it'll be on the road. Just need to get the wheel repaired and some plastic welding / slight repaint.

Not sure if my rack or anything else unseen is stuffed up...will find out once i drive it / take it for a balance.