Sign in to follow this  
Jazzbass

Flat Tyres

I was thinking about tyres, from one of the other threads and thought about the last time I had a flattie.

It was at an Ohakea Wings'n'Wheels day about 10 years ago.

Prior to that I'd had several flats using Michelins on my Valiant Charger and Hemis.

Has tyre quality improved or is it just luck?

When did you last have a flat?

Edited by Jazzbass

Last year, but thats because the inside sidewall on my rear tyres was worn real bad.

I was booked in to get new tyres the next week though......

Pothole + cheap chinese chrome wheels = cracked wheel and tyre run flat. Only other tyres ive had flatties with are skid tyres :D

I haven't had a flat for a while (touch wood) , I always have a can of those puncture repairs in the trunk, they work really well, saves me from jacking up the car and changing tyres.

2 years a go ... oh hang on ... pot hole last year mid winter = 2 flats

I have been driving for 18 years, and have never had a flat tyre. I had a slow leaking tyre once, but never a flat tyre or puncture.

Cheers

Grant

2 days ago in the f**cking turbo - that thing hates me.

You know that for replying to the question you are all going to get flats next week dont you :P

Edited by martyyn

one ages ago in the middle of the night somewhere south of waipuk and two in the five one of which (murphys law) on my way to a wedding and yes mine was the brides car.I was gutted,Hot ,sweaty dirty nearly late and three 17s and one 415 trx metric.....grrr,was all for the good tho the brides little brudda thought the 535 was coool.....good taste that boy.

Never had a flat with my motorbikes,whilst a mate same rides had three punctures in three weekends..we called him marco puncturelli after that

Oh wait yes I did a tubeless one on my BMW K100 rs..had a big sort of needle thing to push a cement coated cord into and then out of the hole to leave a little sort of knot glued to the inside of the hole...fix properly as soon as.

1 per annum on average. But probably has more to do with the number of Mine and industrial sites I visit.

On my Charger I basically spun the Michelins around the rim during drags at the lights.... I know, I didn't believe it either, so I marked the rims and tyres - yep - they moved!

2 days ago in the f**cking turbo - that thing hates me.

It Needs Punishing [give it a good beating]

Had a Mitsi Pajero [as a work horse] that had 9 flat tyres in 6 years [2 on the same stetch of metal road] probably serves me right for owning it that long

You know that for replying to the question you are all going to get flats next week dont you :P

i havent had a flat for years, but my rear tyres almost worn down to the belt lol so your probably right, just waiting for payday to take it in for new tyres :)

I thought i got a flat yesterday but when i stopped to check it, the entire wheel was about to fall off! Not cool