Sign in to follow this  
B*Emz

Emma's M325i

A couple of slightly off-topic questions....

Do pre facelift mudflaps fit on facelift cars ? Im wondering if there is any difference to the rears fitting as the arches are different.

I saw a programme from the UK this morning where a guy fixed a dashboard using glue to fill in the gap and then primed and painted it. It was mint after he'd finished has anyone contemplated doing this to their cracked dash ?

Mine has dozens so I could always try it myself !

Keep the wheels Em, look much better than baskets IMO

Try it out and tell us how you get on, I have contemplated doing this too

they do look cool, except for the fact that they are the completely wrong offset and scrape the struts and splash guards.

What Ollie said. They make for hundred point turns to avoid hard lock. Some fool was obviously very determined to put them on the car..

I'm getting a bit desperate to find goddamn wheels for it now!

Damn thats nice Emma ;) I must admit i would prefer no flaps but thats just me. Personal preference at the end of the day. Very tidy! Jealousy haha!

Do pre facelift mudflaps fit on facelift cars ? Im wondering if there is any difference to the rears fitting as the arches are different.

I saw a programme from the UK this morning where a guy fixed a dashboard using glue to fill in the gap and then primed and painted it. It was mint after he'd finished has anyone contemplated doing this to their cracked dash ?

I've got a dash at home with where someone has filled with a glue, looks sh*t.

Do it right, and do it on a spare.

While your at it mod to fit a 7" TFT and some phat boost and oil temp. gauges.

What Ollie said. They make for hundred point turns to avoid hard lock. Some fool was obviously very determined to put them on the car..

I'm getting a bit desperate to find goddamn wheels for it now!

Looked good from the quick glimps I got of it. How desperate?

I've got some bottles lieing around :rolleyes:

While your at it mod to fit a 7" TFT and some phat boost and oil temp. gauges.

Em, if you even THINK of doing this to your almost mint M325i, I will *?/#$%#**!!&%$#@

Em, if you even THINK of doing this to your almost mint M325i, I will

You need not fear! I would most likely *?/#$%#**!!&%$#@ as well.

7" TFT?? what a load of old shhhIITT

Posted Image

No, the rear flaps on pre-facelift vs FL are different (I think the fronts are the same) Its to do with the fact that the FL cars have a deeper boot and the rear guards are a different shape.

Its a great looking car - would love to see some pics of the engine and interior as well.

You should start looking around for a crack less dash. They seem to come up on trademe every now and then and while they are time consuming and a pain to install, it isnt a hard job and the end result is worth it. Dont even bother to try and repair the cracks as the repair is always visible and they will appear again soon. If it is only a small crack that is starting you could try and stop its progress by heating up a small nail and making a hole at each end of the crack - this should stop it cracking further for a while.

You should start looking around for a crack less dash. They seem to come up on trademe every now and then and while they are time consuming and a pain to install, it isnt a hard job and the end result is worth it. Dont even bother to try and repair the cracks as the repair is always visible and they will appear again soon. If it is only a small crack that is starting you could try and stop its progress by heating up a small nail and making a hole at each end of the crack - this should stop it cracking further for a while.

Thing is, the crackless dashs from what I can gather have been garaged all their lives. And as soon as you re-expose to our light, day in day out, whats saying that won't crack? Just can't win imo.

Replacing a dash is a pretty big mission, especially without damaging something else and for the few hours it takes i'd rather work and buy myself something more rewarding than a crackless dash.

i have a dash carpet which covers up the dash nicely sitting around home if anyone wants it, it doesn't look too bad at all

how much for the dash carpet ollie? maaaybe keen, i did my dash last year and it now has one small crack in it, cannot win!!

hey Em,

Nice looking ride you've picked up for yourself !!!

Loving the wheels on it.. and the mud flaps :P

I was looking for ages at getting one of these, couldn't find a really nice one so i just went ahead and got me an M3 instead, but i've still got the M325i down on my list of cars to own one day.

So you opened her up in the motorway yet to see what she can do??

Laurence.

hey Em,

Nice looking ride you've picked up for yourself !!!

Loving the wheels on it.. and the mud flaps :P

I was looking for ages at getting one of these, couldn't find a really nice one so i just went ahead and got me an M3 instead, but i've still got the M325i down on my list of cars to own one day.

So you opened her up in the motorway yet to see what she can do??

Laurence.

Cheers,

My search was relatively short, much to my suprise! Theres a crazy number of Motorsports on tardme for sale at the moment too, think my last count was 5??

Mudflaps are long since gone, and BBS RS's are about to replace the wheels on it :)

It's a nice car to drive, makes long distances fun, and shorter haha.

Emma