Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

This is getting ridiculous

He needs to pull something out of his ass.

Theres no way in hell hed get that!!

Considering a member of this forum just got offered $15k for his very mint one (which I raised my eyebrows at), yes he is dreaming.

Can almost buy a e36 M3 for that much $$. He must be emotionally attached to the car so much.

Can almost buy a e36 M3 for that much $$. He must be emotionally attached to the car so much.

You can easily get an m3 for that..

heh .. starting to make me feel guilty about pulling apart the tech 1 stuff in place of m3 gaurds / bumpers.

"Will suit enthusiast or collector" or crazy mofo

Guys, I spose we shouldn't be too hard on the guy. He obviously has no idea of the true market value of what is obviously a very tidy and well looked after M325. He probably paid around $25k for it 3 years ago thinking it was a good buy. I have very politely directed him to this forum, so maybe someone wants to be constructive and suggest the market value for it.

I'll start it off by suggesting somewhere in that $12-16k bracket depending on how good it actually is. What do you think?

Guys, I spose we shouldn't be too hard on the guy. He obviously has no idea of the true market value of what is obviously a very tidy and well looked after M325. He probably paid around $25k for it 3 years ago thinking it was a good buy. I have very politely directed him to this forum, so maybe someone wants to be constructive and suggest the market value for it.

I'll start it off by suggesting somewhere in that $12-16k bracket depending on how good it actually is. What do you think?

I'd say $12-14k....they're still not that sort after, where they're becoming impossible to buy. 16k would still be pretty steep for a tech 2.

But best to educate the sellers so that they dont have to deal with the harsh comment some people put out there and so they dont make a fool of themselves.

Emma's tech I m325I in pretty good cond, but not quite immaculate (almost there) Was somewhere between $8k and $10k (not my place to divulge exactly how much, but if you want to Emma, no probs).

I think $10 or $11k for a mint tech I not out of this world based on recent prices.

tech II in mint condition? Maybe $12-14k. A mint 325iS seems to go for around $14-17k or more and they are more rare, have all the msport options including techII kit and a 2.7l m20.

You are right in saying the value doesn't appear to be there when a good cond e36 m3 only gets $20-25k.

If the vendor is reading this I say good luck, but anyone who knows these cars well also knows that they could get an equivalent car for around $5-10k less than it appears you are asking - even for a top condition, unmolested one.

Considering a member of this forum just got offered $15k for his very mint one (which I raised my eyebrows at), yes he is dreaming.

I supported this guy the first time round when he was looking for $20k but have to agree that this is just dreaming. Given that $22k is the starting bid its just unrealistic. My estimate on value is $16k tops (bearing in mind he was offered $18k on the previous auction)

He claims he was offered 18k, but how can you be sure.

Im sorry but the guy gets no sympathy from me with his valuation.

I would question anyone paying 15k for one of these never mind 22k

He is entitled to ask whatever he wants.If he gets it good on him,if you dont like it dont bid.I also think these types of discussions arent helpful for anyone.The market will decide lets not indulge in price fixing

He claims he was offered 18k, but how can you be sure.

Im sorry but the guy gets no sympathy from me with his valuation.

I would question anyone paying 15k for one of these never mind 22k

haha ...18K maybe late 1998/1999?

i have a mate who owns a M325 E30 and seems to think it is one in of the 4 in NZ that are the EVO model M3.

Its a piece of sh*t, home jobs and servicing, home made spots and bumper but claims he will get $85,000 for it....dreamers??

Back to the M325 on this thread ..this guys car is clean but i wouldnt pay more than 12/14K for it

Or maybe David Beckham drove it or something??

Back to the M325 on this thread ..this guys car is clean but i wouldnt pay more than 12/14K for it

Or maybe David Beckham drove it or something??

If he drove it i wouldnt even bother looking at it :mellow:

i have a mate who owns a M325 E30 and seems to think it is one in of the 4 in NZ that are the EVO model M3.

Its a piece of sh*t, home jobs and servicing, home made spots and bumper but claims he will get $85,000 for it....dreamers??

If it was indeed an M3 EVO, and it was very clean and tidy, then maybe, possibly, maybe. But if its a dirty, scum, poorly maintained m325i as you claim, then....

I agree on kiwi535's comments in a way, but a) its fun to talk turkey on a car you don't intend to buy, and b ) there's nothing wrong with letting people know roughly the comparable sales figures for similar cars so they don't get a nasty surprise later on.

Edited by bravo

Guest Denny Crane

I paid 12.5K for a 325iS, I have no problem with people thinking I paid too much or too little, hell my opening offer was 9K (based on a previous 325iS sale) and kept climbing. I prob would have gone to 15K.

Value is so often in the eye of the guy with the cash - I have turned down a 14K offer, a 15K offer and crazily enough, a 15K cash offer. If anyone wanted my car enough for 20K, i'd bite their arm off - i'd be silly not to, and conpared to the OP's auction link - he'd be stupid not to take anything above 14k.

I paid 12.5K for a 325iS, I have no problem with people thinking I paid too much or too little, hell my opening offer was 9K (based on a previous 325iS sale) and kept climbing. I prob would have gone to 15K.

Value is so often in the eye of the guy with the cash - I have turned down a 14K offer, a 15K offer and crazily enough, a 15K cash offer. If anyone wanted my car enough for 20K, i'd bite their arm off - i'd be silly not to, and conpared to the OP's auction link - he'd be stupid not to take anything above 14k.

i agree...but some of these prices people ask for are IMO what this thread titles "ridiculous"

If was a clean and well looked after 2002, 507 or even a E21 etc they could ask what they like because they are rare.

Good on him if that guy gets what he wants

I reckon sam you should put your old sig back up, your car is tuff .... the cat in the pants thing distrubes me everytime I see it and there for is not tuff

I reckon sam you should put your old sig back up, your car is tuff .... the cat in the pants thing distrubes me everytime I see it and there for is not tuff

Please do, really quite squeeeeeemish everytime I see it. Kinda looking for the panties but then realise it's a bloke. Arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh

This:

1997 M3 EVO SMG

Mint. Like it actually was mint

Posted Image