Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Bimmersport's 4th Birthday

Hi All -

Bimmersport turns 4 at the end of August!

Flick me some suggestions on what we should do (for a meet).

I leave you with this parting screenshot

post-1521-1185229076_thumb.png

- News 31 August 2003

We finally have a domain name! www.bimmersport.co.nz is us. I'm sorry if I lost your account from the previous forum. I *MIGHT* be able to continue

member accounts over from the old website. If not then join up on the forums again. Updated Staff Page.

dancing and drinking on the street :D

Trackday at Taupo, close for most people.

We will have to rule out any track days - they are too hard to organise (with only a month out)

a trip in the roflcopter

old school mother f**kas

^^^^ I should be in chch then to.

i say we all simultamelously(sp) have a meet all round the country?

LAN party? ... just kidding

we could do a working bee to get the bimmersport race cars finished in time? .... kidding again

we'll have something confirmed the end of July (for each region) for now keep making suggestions.

I was only saying a day or so ago that the megameet was due soon. Maybe just coincide them and stick to the same old format - I suspect there might be alot more people this year though, so maybe bigger digs?

North Isl meet in or around Taupo.

Usual convoys from either end of the island. I know its nothing new, but its a proven concept. Also, maybe push the date out a abit to try and make use of better weather. Last megameet was School/uni holidays plus a sunny long weekend - made rest breaks at the mount and whangamata fun as lots of other peeps/rides/girls out.

Should be a long weekend to give time for travel from further afield.

Otherwise there's always another 90mile beach run...

Maybe a drive up the West coast to get there instead of SH 1 this time.

Need to be reminded???

Posted Image

What events have other clubs held that we could steal ideas from?? There must be some cool events etc we could steal.

Edited by bravo

You could do the whole team competitions. You make teams up from bimmersport members and come up with games and sh*t to do, related to cars etc or just random, winner gets a prizes, this is done over a long weekend.

I.e everyone gets notes, similar to pace notes but its like "once at the golden arches make the first right turn left onto the street the simpsons live on." (turn right at mc donalds then left onto evergreen terrace).

The organiser will have driven this course, which usually ends up somewhere nice for a bbq, he will have taken down the amount of km or miles it took him to drive it correctly. Then the winner is the person who is closest to that distance driven. Obviously km's are taken down before everyone takes off. If there is a tie, it is taken on times.

This can be pretty fun, just need to come up with some good meterphors for directions.

You could do the whole team competitions. You make teams up from bimmersport members and come up with games and sh*t to do, related to cars etc or just random, winner gets a prizes, this is done over a long weekend.

I.e everyone gets notes, similar to pace notes but its like "once at the golden arches make the first right turn left onto the street the simpsons live on." (turn right at mc donalds then left onto evergreen terrace).

The organiser will have driven this course, which usually ends up somewhere nice for a bbq, he will have taken down the amount of km or miles it took him to drive it correctly. Then the winner is the person who is closest to that distance driven. Obviously km's are taken down before everyone takes off. If there is a tie, it is taken on times.

This can be pretty fun, just need to come up with some good meterphors for directions.

Scavenger hunt type rally, good idea

Lets all get pissed at mine! hah

I just logged in to suggest a scavenger type thing. Should be random ass locations, perhaps bimmersport/bmw/car related. It could be edutastical, and we could have to visit the forum sponsors..for better or worse.. haha

Scavenger hunt type rally, good idea

Eurosport are doing this as part of their 1st b'day celebrations except theirs is a timed thing with checkpoints rather than total kms - this means shortcuts are allowed, but of course encourages speeding. They are driving to Taupo, staying at the Top 10, doing a BBQ, then scavenger hunt next day followed by other games and prize draw, then track day day after. But because of the cars almost exclusively being streeters (like here) track day is gay - only allowed 3 laps at a time, then 30mins for brakes to cool. This means for your $100, if you are there for an 8 hour day you still only get a handful of laps. Plus all usual rules like overalls, helmets extinguishers, no passengers etc. Plus competition of any sort banned (I think that includes timed laps).

gotta b a pissup up involved in there somewhere :beer:

:D

^^ +1,missed last one.Def keen for next one.

Have to wait till it's drier Chris - paddock is pretty wet after all this rain (actually finally got round to picking up all the tyres this avo - full of mud and water - so not fun), and need to find a new paddock car. I want an e28 this time. Alice?...... Also next time want to organise a bus trip to paihia. Pre drinks and paddock bashing, then bus ride into pubs at paihia, then another boozy bus trip home at 2am or whatever - badass.

Save that for later in the year.

What about a beach run?? Go somewhere hot and beachy, and then can do a drive on day and games/booze on beach the next then recover and go home the third. Either camping or cabin style (I know its low-budget accomodation, but that's what you get at beaches you're allowed to drink on). Somewhere Like Urititi or Kaiiwi lakes except maybe more central.

Edited by bravo

Kinloch? You old bimmersporters will remember kinloch! I personally remember Homy f@#king up his nose doing a forward flip into the water!

Kinloch? You old bimmersporters will remember kinloch! I personally remember Homy f@#king up his nose doing a forward flip into the water!

haha

post-4-1185265300_thumb.jpg

didn't you do something stupid/funny that day too? don't think i have a pic of that though

I miss Dan - where he at!

didn't you do something stupid/funny that day too? don't think i have a pic of that though

Thank god ive growen up a bit since then huh! No regrets was a good weekend away.