Sign in to follow this  
dcm17

What I love about my BMW

Glenn,ever thought of putting in the larger diameter intake manifold/larger throttle body/remap = 220bhp?

Yes

But I was also thinking of going M54 3.0 litre with the M52 head, M50 manifold, throttle body, shrick cam, valve spring upgrade, bigger injectors, no Vanos, link, alloy flywheel, AND MANUEL with LSD :D

Its only money <_<

Yes

But I was also thinking of going M54 3.0 litre with the M52 head, M50 manifold, throttle body, shrick cam, valve spring upgrade, bigger injectors, no Vanos, link, alloy flywheel, AND MANUEL with LSD :D

Its only money <_<

Geeez, thats over the top! :huh: I think my option is cheap by comparison. :)

Geeez, thats over the top! :huh: I think my option is cheap by comparison. :)

I know...but what would the HP rating be. I'm very interested to find out how Kerry's one is coming on

I know...but what would the HP rating be. I'm very interested to find out how Kerry's one is coming on

Fitting a supercharger would be cheaper etc.Takes heaps (as you know) to get power from N/A.You spend a small fortune on N/A (with disappointing results)Latest TBMW mag has 2.8ltr with drop in supercharger kit (bolt on conversion) 245bhp/236lb.ft base pwr, up to 290 bhp.

Buy the 3.2ltr M3 engine/box/ecu/driveshaft etc etc on Tradeyou, 8 odd k.

Edited by mr E34

Fitting a supercharger would be cheaper etc.Takes heaps (as you know) to get power from N/A.You spend a small fortune on N/A (with disappointing results)Latest TBMW mag has 2.8ltr with drop in supercharger kit (bolt on conversion) 245bhp/236lb.ft base pwr, up to 290 bhp.

Buy the 3.2ltr M3 engine/box/ecu/driveshaft etc etc on Tradeyou, 8 odd k.

Looked at that too rather go super charger than turbo.. more reliability for road use. Havent decided yet. I still want to know how Kerry got on with his build

Even though it's quite a biased comparison, I would have to say my current bmer is about 50 000 000 times better than my ex-merc, but then again it had a smaller engine, larger body and wasnt of comparable class, but all that aside, I think BMW have soundly beaten mercs there, it's just not plausible to argue that mercs are more luxurious! oh and current 7 series >>>> any s class merc!

the V8 burble

Even though it's quite a biased comparison, I would have to say my current bmer is about 50 000 000 times better than my ex-merc, but then again it had a smaller engine, larger body and wasnt of comparable class, but all that aside, I think BMW have soundly beaten mercs there, it's just not plausible to argue that mercs are more luxurious! oh and current 7 series >>>> any s class merc!

Far out, a bigger body and smaller engine than a 525i? What sort of power house were you driving? An E200? S280?

Far out, a bigger body and smaller engine than a 525i? What sort of power house were you driving? An E200? S280?

Lemme reword that! not bigger, just heavier or at least that's how it felt, twas the C200! made me really dislike mercedes towards the end, the thing would take sooooooo long to accelerate

I thought it would be cool to share what we love about our rides, if us blokes can talk about our feelings:P

What Im loving is that when I bought my 323i I had plans to tune the ride and performance, but after a week of driving it I decided it was perfect how it was. How often does that happen? Ive never seen a standard WRX or Skyline so it shows that the Germans really thought about what their customers would want before they put it on the road.

Also I love passing Hondas in it hahaha!

PEACE! x

As the ad says, it's "the ultimate driving machine". Simply a superb vehicle to drive.

Better than a wife, she does exactly what I ask of her and never complains. I respect her and she looks after me. I don't ask more than she is capable of and she never complains. Always there, always willing for a good ride, only a small warmup needed before she is rearing to go.

Looks good, not showing her age yet, sprints up hills like a teenager yet has poise, maturity, stability and don't half look bad she all polished up.

Perhaps I should marry one!

I love that its still built better than so many new cheap jappa's, the seats rule, the styling... still dont know what id replace it with :D

Another thing I love about my 323i is that its graceful and poised...but would gladly rip your face off!:P

I love my E34 cos nobody molested it before I got to it.

I love the leather Recaros/rear blind/M-Sportpaket.

I love 2nd gear out of corners.

But I love teh E34 cos i've done 5 years in one without an oil change and the thing never missed a beat - never encountered a car that tough.

Also I love the fact that nobody cares about my car - nobody 2nd looks - except me. I can't stop staring at it.

I love the reaction I get from turbo drivers when they realize they can't pull away or some cases keep up :)!

I love how I am always below the radar and virtually invisible to boy racers and police alike.

But the thing I truly love most about my current BMW, is the black leather interior with subtle M3 stripes in just the right places perfectly nick named after my favorite Star Wars character Darth Vader... all to which add up to one overall message: This car means business! In my opinion, the best M3 seats to date and one of the coolest interiors to be found in any sports car :rolleyes: (and yes, this is the view I had before purchasing one).

<3 BMW!

Edited by crazyarab

Love my Calypso Red colour that I don't see enough of on other bmw's..

And the straight 6 engines definitely sound a lot better <_<

I appreciate any E30 or older bmw though - that hasn't been molested too much ..

Alan

lets see.

i can drive for 5 hours straight and get out of the car and feel like driving for another 5 hours.

I went drag racing at ruapuna and while waiting in line, i had air con running and was watching tv. and still run times faster than some stipped out cars.

"apparently" it will do 180 on the open road and only feel like 100. and there is almost zero road noise.

it just does everything i want it to, drives great, rides great, looks even better, practical. as close as i can get to my dream car (E39 M5) but 50k cheaper.

It's agile,user friendly & it goes like a cut cat & oozes style.

I love playing with all the bells & whistles & just standing back & admiring her.

I just luf my 540's.

BUT ! every time I get to cruise in my brothers 740iL I have to confess I just luuuuuuuuuf the 7's even more. :wub:

And big bro's 06 Z4 is awesome in a way only Beemers can be-oooh! the handling.

But i wouldnt have one cos where would the dogs sit!!!!!!!!! <_<

I've only had the 540 for 10 days but I love so many things about it:

1. How it looks GRRRRR

2. How it sounds GRRRRR burble burble

3. All the buttons

4. How it goes round corners :rolleyes:

5. How it passes other cars "crap how can I be going that fast so soon!"

6.How planted on the planet it feels.

7. How it cruises so effortlessly.

8. I drove it from Auckland to Invercargill and I want to do it again!

9. It's black

10. It's a V8 :D

My 328i coupe is pretty much the same - got to love a straight 6 too

i started my car this morning and one thing i noticed i love, is the grunt she makes as she starts, and that little body roll as she turns over and fires up

i started my car this morning and one thing i noticed i love, is the grunt she makes as she starts, and that little body roll as she turns over and fires up

Mmmm yes the grunt when the engine fires up... especially when you are in an underground carpark :)

I love the fact that my car sat side by side with a CHEROKEE SRT8 2008 untill he dropped off at 200kph :-)

lets see.

i can drive for 5 hours straight and get out of the car and feel like driving for another 5 hours.

I went drag racing at ruapuna and while waiting in line, i had air con running and was watching tv. and still run times faster than some stipped out cars.

"apparently" it will do 180 on the open road and only feel like 100. and there is almost zero road noise.

it just does everything i want it to, drives great, rides great, looks even better, practical. as close as i can get to my dream car (E39 M5) but 50k cheaper.

not any more...M5 are now about low to mid 40s....

It's agile,user friendly & it goes like a cut cat & oozes style.

I love playing with all the bells & whistles & just standing back & admiring her.

I just luf my 540's.

BUT ! every time I get to cruise in my brothers 740iL I have to confess I just luuuuuuuuuf the 7's even more. :wub:

I've only had the 540 for 10 days but I love so many things about it:

1. How it looks GRRRRR

2. How it sounds GRRRRR burble burble

3. All the buttons

4. How it goes round corners :rolleyes:

5. How it passes other cars "crap how can I be going that fast so soon!"

6.How planted on the planet it feels.

7. How it cruises so effortlessly.

8. I drove it from Auckland to Invercargill and I want to do it again!

9. It's black

10. It's a V8 :D

My 328i coupe is pretty much the same - got to love a straight 6 too

you guys are learning about teh 5 side....