Sign in to follow this  
crazyarab

E30 M325i vs 190E Cosworth

76 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

that's one of the reasons why I voted for the E30 ... 2 door ftw :)

Actually another selling point for me too, I could not care less about "practicality"... I love coupes!

anyhow, lets hope the car checks out.

Edited by crazyarab

Good luck Atta. All going well, will be checking the other 190e out tomorrow night.

Good luck Atta. All going well, will be checking the other 190e out tomorrow night.

Cheers, mate!

Keep me posted on how you get on :)

If you can, have a read of last months(Aprils) Classics Monthly Magazine. There is an article comparing an M3 to the 2.5 190e, although not identical i'm sure it would have some useful bits in it.

Atta - checking tomorrow now, battery dead, haha

Atta - checking tomorrow now, battery dead, haha

Gutted..

Mechanical check tomorrow morning on the E30 so should know if I am getting it or not by the end of the day.

Cool. So you're definitely going to get the e30 if all goes well?

Cool. So you're definitely going to get the e30 if all goes well?

Nothing is definite but I will be paying a good $150-$200 for this inspection so it would take a fair bit to turn me off now.

I have fallen in love with it :unsure:

If all goes well, I think you will have a new E30 convert... well to be fair, I guess this process alone has already converted me.

Good man!

You'll have to cut the car up to fit a tech II kit. Stick with original, stick with cloth and tech I. Car will retain it's value that way.

Atta. Marks right. Keep it original. Hardly NO Tech 1s in good nick around. I'm doing the same with the M3, keeping it all original but making it as mint as possible. It'll retain its value WAY better!

That Merc has sold. One of you buy it?

That Merc has sold. One of you buy it?

Wasn't me :mellow:

Mechanic just called me. Bad news :(

Actually, really bad news.

In short the car is a dud, km's not genuine, has had new front welded on (average job), one of the cylinders had dodge compression, oil leak in the sump and the list goes on.

Definitely not playing anywhere near the asking price and I highly doubt he will sell it to me for what I would pay for it now so looks like the hunt continues...

^ That sucks Atta, least you dodged a bullet, shows everyone the value of a pre purchase check I guess

^ That sucks Atta, least you dodged a bullet, shows everyone the value of a pre purchase check I guess

Yeh, I am f**king gutted tbh.

But NEVER, NEVER, NEVER buy a car without an proper extensive pre-purchase check.

I mean myself and Riley gave it a good going over and it really did look the biz.

Mind you, Riley did pick up on the front being completely different but we just assumed that was down to AC.

Edited by crazyarab

Dude that sucks... I had a feeling very deep down in my gut that those K's couldn't be genuine. If they were, the guys ad would have been a lot more thought out. That could just be hindsight I guess.

Mind you, Riley did pick up on the front being completely different but we just assumed that was down to AC.

AC? Air con? Huh?

Dude that sucks... I had a feeling very deep down in my gut that those K's couldn't be genuine. If they were, the guys ad would have been a lot more thought out. That could just be hindsight I guess.

AC? Air con? Huh?

Yep, air con setup.

I too found it hard to believe but even after the mechanical inspection the guy still stands by it. He trusts the previous owner who says it's been in storage for the last 6 years and only driven once in a blue moon...

Even if the km's are genuine, the condition of the car does not reflect it and thats what really matters to me.

Not to worry, I think I may have stumbled onto something very very special but won't disclose anything until I am sure it's going down.

Oddly enough, I only found out about it through the guy who did the pre-purchase inspection so hopefully it's not $200 dollars down the drain after all :)

Edited by crazyarab

Bad luck Atta. Nah I didn't buy it Dan.

Just viewed the other Cossie.

Hmmmm. Interior is much better than other one. Cracks in dash. Leather etc in good knick. Guy had rear door cards off as they were sun damaged and peeling at the top. He is going to put these back on. Sunroof trim also removed as a clip broke, he is also going to put this back on.

Rear windows didn't work. His mechanic said this was due to lack of use. Crack in instrument cluster (he said he has a spare but hasnt had time to replace.)

Engine seemed solid. Of course me not being a mechanic can't confirm this, but my mate who knows a bit said the same. He has receipts for rebuild work though, which was 8yrs/30,000km ago.

SLS has been removed. Uprated shocks and springs all round. Some pretty flash 17's. New front tyres.

Body kit is a little sun faded, as is wiper arm. Stone chips on front. Clear indicators installed. Exhaust leaking. Rego has just been put on hold as he doesnt drive much anymore. He said he'd sort this for new owner. Paint on rear spoiler fading. My mates said clearcoat on boot and roof starting to come off (small part they said).

Turns out the car was automatic and converted to 5speed dogleg. The throw was short (he put a different knob on it) and to get into reverse you had to push knob down (towards floor of car) and then into gear. No crunches and seemed good. No hesitation all the way to 7k rpm.

I'm not sure if one of these cars is really what I want...so dont know if I want to proceed........

Any questions - fire away.

Ian.

Man that sucks mate, Looked pretty good from where we were looking. But you never no until you get underneath and in a garage (not in the rain with the owner standing there lol)

What a shame

Man that sucks mate, Looked pretty good from where we were looking. But you never no until you get underneath and in a garage (not in the rain with the owner standing there lol)

What a shame

Yeh man, you had to pull it to bits first before you can really tell. You can't really tell by just driving it as it was very smooth.

Any questions - fire away.

Ian.

Cheers Ian!

Providing the Cossie is in good nick, I'd take that - Only because it's slightly different & is probably going to be worth a bit more just because its fairly rare, I've only ever seen them online!

EDIT: Bugger, its sold!

Edited by X5V8

Spotted

Posted Image