Sign in to follow this  
Apex

The Anti Rice thread.

What about the people in Invercargill worshipping the young tools that vtec'd into a wall at 180kph killing all 3?

haha my friend met one of his ex's that way..

Totally! One of my good mates got back in contact with me after losing my details from that Sticker on my back window.

Another pet "ricer" peeve JDM this, JDM that. Who cares if its Japanese domestic market. JDM does NOT make it any cooler!

And I know there are exceptions amongst the honda engines. Some JDM models of engines are better than say a USM engine, but dont apply it to EVERY piece of equipment on your car. JDM gear knob, JDM seats.. srsly :wacko:

Not a rice mod, but why are there now so many tribute/RIP stickers adorning rear windows? They should be banned.

I also can't stand boy racers with their permanent "for sale" stickers. Do they really think some "hot biatch" is going to text them and ask for a ride in their slammed 190E?

+100, the 2nd one is a pet hate of mine.

14 words.

[Honda Showcar = Super, Duper, Laughable, Apauling, Waste of Time, Disgusting, Ricer, Big Fat Fail.]

Accords, Civics, Inspires, Integra's etc.

If I see one, I feel a bit of regurgitation happenings. And turn the other way.

Edited by MS BM

I disagree em.

Take [ FATCIV ] for an example

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-238828974.htm

Posted Image

Its a show car. A purpose built show car. The point of it is to show off. And it does, to great effect, and at the same time pulls 330kw's at the fronts. So has the beef to back it up.

BUT I wouldn't call it rice. It has the balls to back itself up.

I disagree em.

My genetalia just emitted.

You. Sir. Just showed a clear example of pure rice. Thank-You for doing my job.

I wouldn't say no to 330kw tbh, It's pretty tidy.

Front bumper is pretty horrible tho.

I disagree em.

Its a show car. A purpose built show car. The point of it is to show off. And it does, to great effect, and at the same time pulls 330kw's at the fronts. So has the beef to back it up.

I'm no Honda fan but that is impressive by all means.

My genetalia just emitted.

You. Sir. Just showed a clear example of pure rice. Thank-You for doing my job.

A definition of rice which I like is "Any Japanese import car that has been modified for no real performance gain."

330kw for me is a performance gain, may not be a BMW but who gives a damn, that thing would hall ass.

It doesn't have heaps of wanky gauges or anything, and it is kinda tastefully done.

Edited by Mark247

Yeah anything Veilside is pretty ugh.

Surely, any car enthusiast can appreciate the time and effort gone into that car. And NO, its not rice. Rice is all show, and no go. That bitch has the go to back her up.

I'd tap it

I'm sorry, that Honda show car is absolutely rice. How the hell are you supposed to effectively put that 330kw to the ground? You'd simply torque steer into a wall. The huge stereo system in the boot can't help with weight distribution, it's "on bags" so it would handle like crap and the stupidly garish bodykit makes the car about as aerodynamic as the Fisher and Paykel sitting in my kitchen.

That engine would be much better off in a well set up, caged track car. At the moment it's just a shiny lump of money sitting in a ricey Honda engine bay. RICE RICE RICE!

I'm sorry, that Honda show car is absolutely rice. How the hell are you supposed to effectively put that 330kw to the ground? You'd simply torque steer into a wall. The huge stereo system in the boot can't help with weight distribution, it's "on bags" so it would handle like crap and the stupidly garish bodykit makes the car about as aerodynamic as the Fisher and Paykel sitting in my kitchen.

That engine would be much better off in a well set up, caged track car. At the moment it's just a shiny lump of money sitting in a ricey Honda engine bay. RICE RICE RICE!

Lol. Wise guy. *High Five.

Aerodynamics? That is rather rich coming from a e30 owner :P

Well of course the engine would be better off in a track car, a track car is going to handle better. Man I may as well do nothing to my car performance wises at all if I go off that mentality. It's a "show car," they are going for an absolutely different thing than what you want. Rice for me is big gauges on a bog standard 1.6 sewing machine with chromies.

Just a note, I dont usually defend "show cars" and all that, but i just feel there is a point that is being missed here

Edited by Mark247

I disagree em.

Pjay, I'd rather have your car any day of the week... even if you swapped out the engine for a 1600 diesel and smashed up all the bodywork

For the record, 210kw at the engine is the limit for a FWD car, any more and you go slower. Its a basic formula and some FWD's can only handle Half that, 210kw in a Toyota Corolla would be pointless but would work in a new Mazda 3.

I don't understand the show seen, if you want to show off buy a classic American car, throw all the mods that Honda has at a Hot Rod and you'd have a cool car that you would actually drive on the road.

Edit, typed after a few big bottles of Coopers Sparkling Ale, nice drop!

Edited by Apex

It's a "show car," they are going for an absolutely different thing than what you want.

Exactly. If it's a show car, why the f**k do you need 330kw?

So you can start it up and revv the sh out of it?

Cool oi.

It's just so pointless. Why have 330kw in a car which has body mods that clash with it?

It's bagged. It's a god damn Honda.

The end.

Cool oi.

It's just so pointless. Why have 330kw in a car which has body mods that clash with it?

It's bagged. It's a god damn Honda.

The end.

I dont think 330kw is pointless, it's ridiculous in that Civic though but who cares? The guy wanted 330kw, so he got it, that's enough of a reason for him to do it if you ask me.

Maybe you should email him and tell him to turn his boost down.

Edited by Mark247

Because that's the cars purpose, It's for show.

Would you expect that Civic, Being a show car, To still have an autotragic 1.6? :blink:

I agree with Mark247, Rice is big gauges on a bog standard 1.6 sewing machine with chromies.

That is not rice.

Because that's the cars purpose, It's for show.

Would you expect that Civic, Being a show car, To still have an autotragic 1.6? :blink:

I agree with Mark247, Rice is big gauges on a bog standard 1.6 sewing machine with chromies.

That is not rice.

Chur.

At the end of the day I realise "rice" is a pretty subjective word. But I dont see how it is "pointless" when the car is for such a specific purpose.

Also.. 330kw at 7,300RPM to 7,600RPM no doubt, before that its a waiting game, forplay so to speak.

Yea for sure. The engine would be cool in a motorcycle :D

Edited by Mark247

Chur.

At the end of the day I realise "rice" is a pretty subjective word. But I dont see how it is "pointless" when the car is for such a specific purpose.

Yea for sure. The engine would be cool in a motorcycle :D

It would probally be just as useless in a motorcycle as it would be in a car.

Also, dont hondas rev to like over 9000? (srs)

Veilside = Rice.

that monstrosity of a 'show' civic proves it.

The fluro green hand painted accord, with chrome hubcaps, cutties in front and what looked like lift springs in the back, the most hideous body adornments i have ever seen and 'altezzas' that i saw in newtown yestrday pwns even the primer green civic on page 1.

Yay, a new (essentially what is turning into a) Honda bashing thread. How original.

I thought we had all got past that.

I'm quite a fan of Honda's and there are several models I'd quite happily own.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

Hi All

This thread was started as a bit of good light hearted fun, that is not meant to be taken too seriously.

Already it is contaminated with e-experts putting forward their highly subjective opinions, and stating them as facts.

Lets get back to the original intention of this thread, and treat it as a bit of light hearted fun.

Let's also keep away from bashing other brands of cars just because of what you have heard and think it is cool to post, and therefore making sure you are firmly placed on the bandwagon.

As far as the green Civic is concerned, personally I think it looks terrible (my subjective opinion), but have a high level of appreciation of the work and effort that has gone into it.

Also remember differing opinions on something is a good thing. The world would be one hell of a boring place if everyone thought the same.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by Grant

I actually dare someone to turn up to a big Bimmersport meet with neons.

Luckily they aren't very common anymore, the trend finally died. And I have been lucky enough to never see them on a BMW.

Don't you think the neons which change through all the rainbow colours are super snazzy! :D

Edited by MS BM