Sign in to follow this  
Apex

The Anti Rice thread.

Bimmersport - We hate your haters so we can hater on your hater.

motorbikes are worse

especially when it's my damned neighbours sitting in their driveway revving their noisy bike for ages

By chance its a Harley? I find it funny how the Govt has banned/illegalised noisy exhausts on Imports but allows these POS bikes to hoon around with mufflers that FAR exceed the legal limit for a car. Whats the cars legal DB limit? 96 or something? Harleys = close to 115 or more? Please feel free correct me :)

Bimmersport - We hate your haters so we can hater on your hater.

I LOVE IT! :lol:

All light vehicles should be 95db IIRC.

A WR Yamaha 450cc single is quite capable of making 120db at 4000-5000rpm....25 times the legal limit :lol: Bike motors are silly loud for their size - I guess the tiny amount of room for exhaust doesn't help...

I sold the gold wheels as they hit the brakes w/out spacers.

Hate away - Homax purple Civic - 140kw at the wheels:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But it looks blue Cam?

Its a slightly homax purple blue, especially in the sun. I really miss that car, but did just take the M3 for the first decent drive since I put new Bilsteins in a few weeks ago to replace the slightly shagged original shocks. Its a great car on the open road, and Dual Vanos 3.2 litre > single VTEC 2.2 litre.

I dont "hate" Hondas, just not a fan of them. Kind of regret buyin my Inspire though. Been a big problem since (not the car, the transporter...not going to go into detail). But once I get it, Im gonna be selling it.

Only thing I hate with Hondas is the knobs who rice them out & the Vtec sound...Oh I hate that so much :lol: I'd rather a meaty V8 sound over that noise any day.

CamB- I dont see any Rice on that?

Edited by Shady

^^

+1 thats not rice, thats looks nice.

no ugly looking monster tachos and colourful gauges

Edited by bmwnoob

The point really is that the dividing line between rice and acceptable modding is not well defined.

Is a carbon bonnet rice? Is it rice when its on dark coloured car? Is it rice when its used to offset the weight of a heavier engine? etc etc.

(edit) By the way, its worth noting that NZHondas as a community frowns on the same rice that Bimmersport does.

Edited by CamB

Heres my opinion on rice...remember its MY opinions

RICE:-

-Massive wing on a FWD car (lips are OK).

-Massive fartcan that is overly noisy - if quiet or is proven to provide HP then its OK.

-Bonnet scoops/vents on non-turbo engines (unless its to get more cold air to the air intake its ok).

-Shopping List, decals of parts that dont exist on that car.

-Performance Badges on non-performance model cars.

-FAKE C/F eg the vinyl/decal crap.

-C/F bonnets, wings, body panels - on standard non-performance vehicles that dont go on the tracks or drag strips.

-Massive upgraded brakes on non-performance car.

-Gauges that do not work cos you dont need them.

And of course there is the stupid s--t like the photos posted on here but thats not rice (homemade cardboard or plastic, bodykits etc), thats stupidity at its greatest.

But other stuff people class as rice, isnt neccessarily cos they are more "for looks" than to make them look "fast"...

eg- bodykits, lights, wheels, etc... its about personal taste. I am putting a bodykit on my Probe, only because I like it, dont care if anyone else does - but I will be doing engine mods too so that cant be rice.

Remember...this is MY opinion...

Edited by Shady

The point really is that the dividing line between rice and acceptable modding is not well defined.

Is a carbon bonnet rice? Is it rice when its on dark coloured car? Is it rice when its used to offset the weight of a heavier engine? etc etc.

(edit) By the way, its worth noting that NZHondas as a community frowns on the same rice that Bimmersport does.

Its not rice, cos its classed as a performance car in its catergory (eg Honda) - but not all people would agree.

I also notice it doesnt have a massive fartcan...thumbs up for that one :)

Edited by Shady

I don't consider that rice because that's never, ever happened. Brakes are the last thing anyone ever seems to spend money on.

hondas are cheaply built, all popular models are FWD, their performance is mediocre. and thats just the cars. let alone the drivers (for now). Of all the car makes why anyone would be an enthusiast of Hondas?

ps i am a fan of unmodified hondas as they are good on gas and reliable, just dont make the mistake of thinking your honda is in any way cool.

I'm sorry, that Honda show car is absolutely rice. How the hell are you supposed to effectively put that 330kw to the ground? You'd simply torque steer into a wall. The huge stereo system in the boot can't help with weight distribution, it's "on bags" so it would handle like crap and the stupidly garish bodykit makes the car about as aerodynamic as the Fisher and Paykel sitting in my kitchen.

That engine would be much better off in a well set up, caged track car. At the moment it's just a shiny lump of money sitting in a ricey Honda engine bay. RICE RICE RICE!

+1

Shady, I think your Honda "show car" that you have is Rice.

But remember that's just my opinion.

Chrome dipping or just painting alone & LEDs etc arent rice...IMO. Cause they are for "looks". I dont see how people would think having these would make their car fast or look fast? If they do, they need a good kick in the ass.

But the exhaust tip leds are gay though...wtf do people do that for....dont look good at all.

But Undercar & Interior neons/lights can look cool if done "properly" - eg only seeing the glow NOT the light itself. I wouldnt mind putting some on my Probe, but would only be used at night time while the car is OFF the road (would draw too much bad attention). But would never put any lights on my BMW...

Wow.

So being safe now means you are a ricer?

Shady, I think your Honda "show car" that you have is Rice.

But remember that's just my opinion.

If you say so...

But whats "rice" about... In YOUR opinion? Im not going to retaliate...I just want to know.

Oh and I didnt build it, I got it off Trademe.

Wow.

So being safe now means you are a ricer?

May be I should have put "overly massive brakes on non-performance or non track used cars".

I know a few guys with streetfighter motorcycles with LED's under their fuel tank pointing at their engine. Looks totally sick at night time if you ask me. Call it rice if you want.

If you say so...

But whats "rice" about... In YOUR opinion? Im not going to retaliate...I just want to know.

Oh and I didnt build it, I got it off Trademe.

The fact you bought it like that is even worse, but thats just my opinion.

I hate everything about it.

But thats just my opinion.

Ok Ashkan...but whats rice on it?

Just saying its rice, but not being able to point out the rice/y parts is pretty sad.

I dont mind if you hate it. Heaps of people probably do. But not everyone can please everyone...right?! :)

Wheels,paint,engine,lighting.

But who cares, its your car.