Sign in to follow this  
kerry

my new decal

thanks to brook for making me this new sticker i stufed it up putting it on but looks ok once you step back

post-4759-1275700170.jpg

It'll be a WOF fail though Kerry... looks good though

That's a kinda cool picture, if you do it again standing away you could have the reflection of another e30 in the boot of your e30.

It'll be a WOF fail though Kerry... looks good though

bugger, i never even thought about it

bugger, i never even thought about it

Depends where you go. I've seen heaps of work cars/wagons (not vans or utes) with huge decals on back windows and they are legal (id assume cos they are work vehicles). So you should be all good.

That's a kinda cool picture, if you do it again standing away you could have the reflection of another e30 in the boot of your e30.

how would i get the same picture if i wasnt there haha

Depends where you go. I've seen heaps of work cars/wagons (not vans or utes) with huge decals on back windows and they are legal (id assume cos they are work vehicles). So you should be all good.

its not a work vehicle but it is a advertising tool :D

Reminds me of the John Player Series logo ha

Just rip the MEP off and you'll be sweet.

that is the new decal. just a take off of the jps one

that is the new decal. just a take off of the jps one

Did you see post above you?

Pass go. Collect $200

yea ... saturday beer and sunshine il say no more

Doesnt matter if business car or not. If a business car will pass then no reason a private car will fail. I'd leave it until you go for a WOF - if they say anything just rip it off then get another one after getting WOF.

But looks good.

My old man had his work vans windows partially covered and they failed a WOF (something about a certain % needs to be visable out of) though you can cover the whole rear window and pass a warrant...sounds weird to me.

Reminds me of the John Player Series logo ha

Was gonna say 80's F1 Lotus too.

Vans whether work or private can be literally blacked out & no visibility whatsoever. Dont understand that law, still dodgy when reversing etc but its legal. Cars, cannot be covered but some places will accept a small decal like that, especially if I see alot of them out there. Im not arguing just saying what I've seen / know.

Cars, cannot be covered but some places will accept a small decal like that, especially if I see alot of them out there.

The problem imo is, that because SOME places allow it and if it is technically illegal/non wof standard than it would make your insurance void...and again, imo for a sticker, way too much risk!

would insurance really be void from a sticker? , im coverd with classic cover on a under 5000kms a year , think i better call them and if it is then might have to move it or make it smaller or just flag the idea.

^ BS. go do some reading.

http://www.nzta.govt.nz/resources/factshee...rrors.html#film

The van & he ute diagram show you can have anything for the back windows (which is why most Courier vans, Delivery vans , Modifed vans etc have blacked out rear windows) - which I said, is stupid cos you wont be able to see behind you (apart from side mirrors).

I <3 JPS logos, though, looks a little weird without the J, but I quite like it - especially if you have the characteristic gold mesh rims to match! Definitely ring up classic cover to ask - they're usually quite understanding and will walk you through what you need/have to do.

Btw, the way I interpret the law, with vans, is that if you're relying on the window for visibility then it it has to comply with virtually the same sorta rules as passenger vehicles.

However, if you black it out completely, you can not use it or rely on it for visibility so it ceases to be a "window". So you wouldn't look through it and think there were no hazards when in fact the sticker/tint may be obscuring it. With it opaque you don't even look through it so you rely on other means to identify hazards.

Its more for other road users. When you pull up next to another car at an intersection, hes going right your going left, you look through his cars windows to help watch for a space and he looks through your windows etc. When in a passenger car and you pull up next to a van/truck/4x4 you are lower then their windows and so there is no visibility, so putting signage on this type of commercial vehicles windows is not going to change visibility for other road users, it only hinders reversing and blind spots for the driver. Weird though.

would insurance really be void from a sticker? , im coverd with classic cover on a under 5000kms a year , think i better call them and if it is then might have to move it or make it smaller or just flag the idea.

They can be pedantic about anything that is not legal, if they want! A friend of mine was an assessor and he would get bonus' on how many false insurance claims he could find and told me that most would be small WOF and COF issues that were not legal. :mellow: