Sign in to follow this  
danutt

SEAFOAM where to buy?

does anyone know where to get seafoam in auckland??

how much maybe?

keen to give it a go i heard good things and less carbon is probably a good thing

cheers

Yea I wanted to try this also, but I dont want to be there to see the smoke since I'll probably freak out. My mate said you can use Moreys Upper Cylinder lubricant aswell and it works pretty much the same if you cant get your hands on the seafoam stuff..

let me guess you read about this on a stateside forum?

ive asked at repcos before when i wanted some for my M20, and they had never heard of it and wasnt in any of thier cataloges

I called my mate and he said Subaru do a upper engine cleaner, and you use it the same way as Seafoam. Think he said it was about $25 - $30 from the Subaru dealership.. Maybe try that one. Bimmersport upper engine cleaning day? BYO Gas mask.

can only do good things for the intake manifold so why not lol

anything else similar in effectivness in cleaning out carbon deposits?

cheers

cheers

There was a post on another forum about cleaning out manifolds with the engine at 4,000rpm and using sand down the intake. Someone might remember it ?

cheers

Can only do good?

Putting it into your engine may just remove the buildup your engine needs to prevent it from burning oil. I've read about it doing this before.

If your car is running fine, dont fix it. What's wrong with it that warrants you to want to pour crap into your engine anyway?

Just change the oil.

There was a post on another forum about cleaning out manifolds with the engine at 4,000rpm and using sand down the intake. Someone might remember it ?

I remember this. A great idea wasn't it.

Edited by mark247

[/b]

I remember this. A great idea wasn't it.

About as useful & sencible as using Seafoam in my opinion :P

sand hahaha

yea true i suppose about the oil usage

car drives fine so i guess ill leave it but the gearbox isnt smooth and im changing trans fluid i got a write up on how to do it and will post once its done

cheers

got under the car and its the jatco trans i forgot and cant drain and fill with a soap dispenser like pump

need to take it to a garage and ask them to put the fluid in...crap

Seafoam your gearbox haha

Seafoam your gearbox haha

Sunlight dishwashing liquid might work :P

Sunlight dishwashing liquid might work :P

Na, will be the same situation as using it in a washing machine(and if you dont know what happens...try it)

Yeah if I remember correctly it worked real good on Hondas, but not on Audis.

I called my mate and he said Subaru do a upper engine cleaner, and you use it the same way as Seafoam. Think he said it was about $25 - $30 from the Subaru dealership.. Maybe try that one. Bimmersport upper engine cleaning day? BYO Gas mask.

Subaru guys do use a foaming head cleaner product, though can't remember what it's called! I had a mate do my WRX a few years ago and was not impressed with the smoke at the time, though did come up good afterwards!!

People will always be dubious about something new and unconventional until you see the results.

will contact subaru at some point then haha

Can vouch for Subaru upper engine cleaner. Have used it on my legacy more than once. It's also used as a part of official servicing by subaru i believe.