Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

Trackday at Hampton Downs 28th August - 2010

where can i buy some overalls from?

Pryors Apparel Master in Papakura... new or 2nd hand. Ph. 2697061 Ask for Christeen. $15-20 for 2nd hand and plenty of sizes & colours to choose from.

Edited by *Glenn*

im keen

what break pads would you recomend that are sweet for the road and the odd track day? also where would i get them from?

where can i buy some overalls from?

cheers

TBH no fancy pads are going to help you at Hampton, the only thing that will is moderate use of the brakes and decent fluid, OEM should so you well.

I recommend going at 80% for say all laps bar one per session, this will not only save your brakes it will make you faster and help you enjoy the day for longer.

Cheep quality Overalls.

http://www.yakka.co.nz/

great, thanks for the advice! im a track newbe so hope i wont be holdeing every one up!

I have been looking for en excuse to replace my tyres LOL. Put me down as a definitely maybe. Will double check im not working and I'll take the old girl out for a blat.... clear out the carbon deposits as the like

I'm going to get in early and say i'm out. Sorry for mucking you around.

Still fighting with Mr.x and GE finance to get my car paid off

I might come down and watch me thinks. Day after my birthday so will probably be hungover but oh well lol

I'm on track to make it... Just need to sort out a few things on my car, but if i get out there Dad promised he'd take the X5 out there with me so add another one on. Also, might if you guys are ok with it have two motorbikes that are keen....

Bikes can't run with cars, and take too much car time away if they have to run on their own.

I'd say no. PITA at puke.

Bikes can't run with cars, and take too much car time away if they have to run on their own.

I'd say no. PITA at puke.

Yea. Im gonna do a private day with them. Just checking never done a track a day ( have driven on tracks just not a track day if that makes sense)

just saw the opportunity to skip them paying heaps for track time.

bikes are a no, they have there own trackdays.

At this statge its looking like price is going to be $135 as there isn't enough interest to get it down to $100

either way we have enough for 2 groups (fast and slow) so should have the makings for a great day.

Will start asking for prepayments next month. If you dont prepay its $150 on the day.

Put me down as a Maybe... just gotta sort out a Helmet and Overalls from somewhere <_<

Cheers!

Dan

Hows this going James?

I need a race seat, anyone got any hook ups?

At this statge its looking like price is going to be $135 as there isn't enough interest to get it down to $100

either way we have enough for 2 groups (fast and slow) so should have the makings for a great day.

Will start asking for prepayments next month. If you dont prepay its $150 on the day.

James, will this be a private day for us so to speak, or will it be open to the public too? (I'm not fussed either way mate)

Also will the road cars get just as much track time as the race cars?

^

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Motorsport/S...ries/Seats/1761

We ordered 2 Sparco Pro ADV seats from this lot. Took 6 days to get to our door.

We couldn't find anyone here in New Zealand that could get close to the price even with the high cost of shipping.

Wow, that would be near ten grand for two seats, beautiful seats though!

Looking at Kiwi made Racetech seats as the best option for me, at 2k a pair it’s a little closer to my budget.

I am now a maybe. sending cage papers away today :)

Wow, that would be near ten grand for two seats, beautiful seats though!

Looking at Kiwi made Racetech seats as the best option for me, at 2k a pair it’s a little closer to my budget.

We weren't that bling bling.

We didn't get the carbon ones, just the fibreglass ones, they were less than $1000 each I'm sure.

That’s not bad then, was going to say, 10k is more than what NZ's top rally teams spend! Sparco is top shelf stuff and they look like nice seats, would be keen to have a look at yours if you make it to Hampton.

Seeing the regulations required to fit them I will have some time, looking at Sabelt seat and Harness combo’s.

The NZ distributor of Sabelt, Autoquip, has a new owner and he is giving the brand a real shake up in NZ and im now looking at those, met the guys at Speedshow, they are also the NZ distributor of Brembo Race brakes and components and the fantastic Racing Dynamics wheels, pricing is all bloody fair too. I was amazed at what they can and will be offering.

Edit. Forgot, Autoquip are also doing KW suspension.

Cheers for the Demon Tweaks link, they do a direct bolt in seat rail for my car!

Edited by Apex

as per the first post

Ok so I booked Hampton Downs for the 28th with us (BS/ES/GP) having sole use.

Final cost is $120 each per person to be pre-payed using your forum name OR the number next to your name on the keen list...... to...

James Watson

06-0273-0294841-00 (national bank)

Prepayment cutoff date is the 21st of August otherwise if you turn up on the day its going to be $150

Requirements are a helmet and overalls. Cars need a current WOF or Log book

Will run a fast and slow group as well as a newbies class if numbers/newbies permit.

Keen's;

1. Jamez

2. Creaver +1

3. Apex

4. Gottheschu

5. hotwire

6. Silver Fox

7. BigPhil

8. simon + 2 (guy at work)

9. andygti

10. BM Weapon

11. ballin