Sign in to follow this  
kingkarl

Fool

I was driving up the Kaimais with a few mates this morning to check out Mclaren's Falls. One other guy in my car, 4 in my mate's Honda. He went to overtake in the passing lane so I chopped down to 3rd to keep up. We got up to 130kmh, side by side when a cop came round the corner.

This was just before the Mclarens Falls road, so we turned down it (it was our destination after all). Just as we turned in I saw the cop's lights and knew it was game over. I pulled over and waited, while my mate who was ahead just kept going, so he got away. So my car was impounded for street racing and I've got a court summons coming in the mail. He ticketed me at 132km/hm.

Now when he stopped me he asked who my mate was and because it was a dead end road I knew the office was going to find him regardless whether I gave him the name or not. So I co-operated and gave him his name.

He asked me a few questions in his car and kept record of it in his book. I answered all the harmless questions like where were you headed, who's car is it etc. I didn't comment when he asked implicating questions like why were you racing. I checked everything written in the book and signed it.

In hindsight, I should have STFU'd because there IS actually an exit down the end of Mclarens falls road to the and my mate did in fact find a way out before the cop drove further down the road with me to find him. But at the time I thought my mate was toast regardless so gave his name.

Yes I'm a ******* dumb ass and knew I shouldn't have done it but it didn't occur to me at the time I would get done for racing. The ironic thing is we were driving very sedately up until when I got caught and I was a split second away from slowing down before I saw the cop.

Definitely wasn't a good call and I'll never do it again, but in all honesty I just wanted to see if my car could keep up with his accord. The answer to that question is going to cost me a fortune. My mate'll be getting a visit in the next couple of days from the officer.

I'm 99% sure it went out the window when I gave my mates name, but do I have any defence? Is there any way I can get the street racing charge dropped?

Lesson learned for sure.

Its faster and easier if you just plead guilty.

Your just another boy racer in the eyes of the law.

Its faster and easier if you just plead guilty.

Your just another boy racer in the eyes of the law.

+1

In no way am I condoning what you did, because well it was just plain daft.

But you could try for diversion if you have never had a run in the the police before. I'm not sure if you can get a diversion for Street Racing though...

Hell most people around here have done this an worse in the past, including myself! Just you got caught is the only difference. (Not that I condone it, Im just a realist)

Plead guilty, You did it, you admitted it, just deal with it and move on fella. I think you did the right thing giving him your mates name, At least it shows you were honest about it and not trying to be an arrogant sh*t.

I would only plead not guilty and try and find a defense (im not sure there is one) if a conviction was going to have implications on my career choice.

I think you did exactly the right thing under the circumstances, although it probably doesn't seem so at the moment.

Just be honest, apologetic and sincere, and admit what you did was stupid and I'm sure you will get off as lightly as possible.

Goodbye licence for atleast 6 months.

No way out of it as it's mandatory disqualification of a minimum 6 months.

Just to get you in the mood of things :)

Edited by e30ftw

That whole story just affirms my opinion.

I just saw your sig. Who the f**k is Mark Read?

Edit: I just looked him up. You have a small time, Australian thug as your avatar, and talk about him in your signature. Congratulations.

Edited by Grant

Cheers for the advice people. Definitely looks like 6 months suspension. It's not a big deal as I'm returning to study in 2 weeks and wont really be using my car until next summer.

The only thing that is worrying me now is the implications of having this charge on my record. As I understand it there is no diversion for these "boy racer infringements". Does anyone know if it goes on my traffic record like a speeding ticket or if it is on my criminal record like a disorderly charge.

If it's going to stop me getting a job in the corporate world I might need to find some cash for a lawyer. So that begs the question, anyone work in HR or have knowledge about how much this kind of thing limits employment opportunities? Do people actually care?

Not looking forward to paying the bill. Probably $300 for speeding, plus whatever fine the judge wants to give me for racing along with impound/tow costs - any idea what these usually are? $200? And I'm guessing court costs also.

See if you can get the charge dropped to somthing else, then you could go for diversion.

Diversion doesn't apply for driving offenses, the only hope you would have is getting a lawyer and going for a discharge without conviction. This would be because the consequences of the charge far out way the actual offence. If this is even possible then im sure you would be looking at a couple grand for a lawyer.

In saying that, im sure a judge wont take to kindly to a “boy racerâ€

im going through something similar at the moment, although not for a driving offence, and alot more expensive.

Edit: I just looked him up. You have a small time, Australian thug as your avatar, and talk about him in your signature. Congratulations.

Hahaha!

I know a "skinhead ,knuckle draggin',wannabe punk" who calls himself "Chopper"

He thinks he's a badass gangster.

He gets pissed off with me because I call him "Helicopter" instead of chopper

[ this label stuck because of a 360 degree power chunder he performed one night ]

It's there for the benifit of the retards on this forum who question why i have that pic.

Just makes things clear................doesn't it Karl.

It's there for the benifit of the retards on this forum who question why i have that pic.

Just makes things clear................doesn't it Karl.

I still don't get it.

Who is he? Why is he relevant? Should we care? (for the record, being proud of knowing him just sounds pathetic to me).

Off-topic but are you and Karl still having a tanty about signatures and such?

Dont know if I'm speaking for anyone else here but honestly I don't care and I don't see why anyone else would.

I still don't get it.

Who is he? Why is he relevant? Should we care? (for the record, being proud of knowing him just sounds pathetic to me).

I guess he's "some small time gangster", he's not relevant and no you shouldn't care.

Make you feel better Grant?

Where do i state i'm proud?

Comes off "pride-like" with the capitalisations in your sig.

Posted Image

The BMW Z3 was the first modern mass-market roadster produced by BMW, as well as the first new BMW model assembled in the United States. (The very first BMW assembled in the US was the E36/4, 318i that rolled off the Plant Spartanburg assembly line beginning in October 1994.) The Z3 was introduced as a 1996 model year vehicle, shortly after being featured in the James Bond movie, GoldenEye. At that time Karen sortito created the BMW campaign for the film GoldenEye.[3] Afterwards, while the film was number one at the box office, sales of the car spiked.

I guess he's "some small time gangster", he's not relevant and no you shouldn't care.

Make you feel better Grant?

You are right, I don't care, I just find it very amusing that you have gone to such lengths to actually make it your signature, and even bold some words. (which makes it appear as though you are proud - if you weren't, why would he even feature as an avatar, or even worse make a signature specific to it).

But hey, you have a tough guy internet image to keep up, so if this makes you feel like a big tough guy, then go for your life, go to town.

Diversion doesn't apply for driving offenses

This is incorrect ... it depends on the offense as to whether or not Diversion is possible and you generally need a squeaky clean record to get it. However in this case i would say it's probably not an option.

Edited by Matt45

The M1 coupe was hand-built between 1978 and 1981 under the Motorsport division of BMW as a homologation special for sports car racing. The body was designed by Giugiaro, taking inspiration from the 1972 BMW Turbo show car. Originally, BMW commissioned Lamborghini to work out the details of the car's chassis, assemble prototypes and manufacture the vehicles, but Lamborghini's financial position meant that BMW reassumed control over the project in April 1978, after seven prototypes were built. Only 456 production M1s were built, making it one of BMW's rarest models. The spirit of the M1 lived on in the first-generation M5, as both models shared the same (though slightly modified) engines.

Posted Image

Sucks that 30 seconds of stupidness can put you in a bad spot, thems the breaks I guess. Its longer term stupidness that gets annoying ;)