Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

BMW Driver Training - Taupo - April 30th 2011

Is there anyone going to be driving down Saturday morning from Auckland? I will be doing this, pending acceptance from the Club for entry. Thought might drive down together.

see you guys there.

will be going down friday arvo/night

Is there anyone going to be driving down Saturday morning from Auckland? I will be doing this, pending acceptance from the Club for entry. Thought might drive down together.

dont think you need to be a member,email gerry hodges direct i will pm you his email addy

I have decided to go

Good on ya Paul, you just want to thrash that little oil burner around the track don't you. Not going this year but hopefully next year when the project is finished. :rolleyes:

dont think you need to be a member,email gerry hodges direct i will pm you his email addy

Thanks for the message, I've spoken to Gerry earlier and knew BMW Club membership wasn't necessary. What I mean was for them to confirm receiving my payment for the track training day.

Anyway, it says to participate in high-speed sessions, overall and helmet are necessary. Is there any mininum spec for these things?

Thanks for the message, I've spoken to Gerry earlier and knew BMW Club membership wasn't necessary. What I mean was for them to confirm receiving my payment for the track training day.

Anyway, it says to participate in high-speed sessions, overall and helmet are necessary. Is there any mininum spec for these things?

Cotton overalls minimum and MotorsportNZ approved Helmet - Bike shops have a good selection, base price $83 upwards

See you there,

Paul - E 3Six

no just good fitting edit** COTTON**/edit overalls and a good helmet.

Edited by kiwi535

Make sure they're cotton overalls, not a nylon mix, you should see that stuff burn.

Good on ya Paul, you just want to thrash that little oil burner around the track don't you. Not going this year but hopefully next year when the project is finished. :rolleyes:

not interested in the fast laps Bruce,just want to do the excercises to get to grips with lil beast.Who gonna guide me????

questions.....

1) what are you guys doin for breakfast?

2) last time i went north i went over the new taupo bypass,and if i get there early enough and i know some of you will be partakin breakfast at the hotel i will come too.The bypass crosses napier taupo highway and i would think the bypass is well to the east of the hotel???

3) If i am close to 8 30 i will go straight to the track.Can i access the track pretty well straight of the by pass?Anyone know what that "exit" is called?

not interested in the fast laps Bruce,just want to do the excercises to get to grips with lil beast.Who gonna guide me????

Guess you will have to do it blind until I get there next year - have fun.

Great Event. Just want to say thank you to Gerry and the team that organise this.

Managed to hitch a ride in the E90 M3 driven by instructor Mike Eady. This is quite an experience to be driven around "properly" on a track. Mike did a bit of showboating drifting through couple of the corners too.

Here's some of my photos - feel free to comment and if you want the original high-res file, just let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25703111@N06/...57626613366900/

Edited by SpikeyLemon

A great weekend enjoyed by six of us from Hellbm. Fine weather, the driver training day for Jo and Hellboy, the evening dinner and the Hilton all excellent ingredients for a BMW Car Club experience.

Big thanks to all Car Club people who were involved in the organisation of the event.

Really excellent informative day and learning reminder of some the things that had become a little foggy,

my thanks also to Mike & Kerry at Mosen Euro Parts who set my car up, brilliant, probably 20% better than I imagined,

Paul - E36

Sounds like it was a great day! .. more pics if people have them ?

Sounds like it was a great day! .. more pics if people have them ?

Shame you missed the day, fantastic weather, great line up of e24's all but one were M6's and of course the B7S, and I can say those who went out for hot laps with Mike in the M Taxi had a bigger smile than Mr Happy, only down side was the day went too fast and couldnt give more people rides in the race cars

great day i have some pics too will get to work and upload them.I add my thanks to the guys in the club who forgo the day to be a helper on the day and of course the team who do the organising even before the day comes around.

Great Event. Just want to say thank you to Gerry and the team that organise this.

Managed to hitch a ride in the E90 M3 driven by instructor Mike Eady. This is quite an experience to be driven around "properly" on a track. Mike did a bit of showboating drifting through couple of the corners too.

Here's some of my photos - feel free to comment and if you want the original high-res file, just let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25703111@N06/...57626613366900/

love the second pic spikey!

my pics was, a nice sunrise on the desert road at about 7 am but the pics dont do it justice

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30057073@N08/...57626627910562/

Edited by kiwi535

Wow I see that my old M6 was there - a car I owned for nearly 5 years in Polaris silver / Pacific Blue leather (with the plate BM M6)....for those of you who there, how was she looking?

So as a matter of interest, what other M6's were there? Would have been there if I wasn't domiciled in Singapore..

Would have been so much fun....

Wow I see that my old M6 was there - a car I owned for nearly 5 years in Polaris silver / Pacific Blue leather (with the plate BM M6)....for those of you who there, how was she looking?

So as a matter of interest, what other M6's were there? Would have been there if I wasn't domiciled in Singapore..

Would have been so much fun....

if you look throught the pics you will prolly see them all.All the M6s were very very nice.....and it was great to see them out there,one guy was absolutely gving it the max...(e24)

Edited by kiwi535

if you look throught the pics you will prolly see them all.All the M6s were very very nice.....and it was great to see them out there,one guy was absolutely gving it the max...(e24)

Yeah that was Dan, Zacs brother....thats what you do in someone elses car!!

was a great day had a lot of fun .

my wife got a ride in M-taxi and andre cowans m3

car went well no troubles etc.

some vids from the day.

did anyone else get any video clips .

there was a guy on the side of the track filming right on the corners??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Hi Brent,

Your car looked like it was going very well...

I know you have a m powered E28- was the red E28 in the videos running a M30 or a M88 or S38?? Seemed like it was competitive...?

How was my old M6 "BM M6" in silver going? I noticed on the 2nd video that you eventually passed it. I put brand new suspension on that old girl 6 months before I sold her. I have driven many M powered sharks and when I owned it it was a very quick car. Still got it or did you have it comfortably over this car??

As you may gather, I still have a soft spot for this car....

Hi Brent,

Your car looked like it was going very well...

I know you have a m powered E28- was the red E28 in the videos running a M30 or a M88 or S38?? Seemed like it was competitive...?

its a m30 3.5 with a shrick cam and remap etc , but he has spent a lot of money on suspension mods (coil overs etc)

so it seams to handle better than mine , brakes are the same as mine (540i v8 all round)same diff (3.73 lsd)

i run bridgestone semi slicks he has kumo semi slicks

How was my old M6 "BM M6" in silver going? I noticed on the 2nd video that you eventually passed it. I put brand new suspension on that old girl 6 months before I sold her. I have driven many M powered sharks and when I owned it it was a very quick car. Still got it or did you have it comfortably over this car??

yes it was a nice car , went well , was rolling over a bit but not to bad ,

but yes was an easy pass , but probably one of the better ones there that day.

he cooked his brakes a bit i think.

As you may gather, I still have a soft spot for this car....

was a lot of fun will try and upload a video later filmed from the lookout point on the pit straight from my mates camera .

Posted Image

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

was a great day had a lot of fun .

my wife got a ride in M-taxi and andre cowans m3

car went well no troubles etc.

some vids from the day.

did anyone else get any video clips .

there was a guy on the side of the track filming right on the corners??

nice little video i was uncertain about passing anywhere except the front straight but you and Ian make it look easy!