Sign in to follow this  
CSET

M TOY M3

Bugger is it wrong as-is? From my research it seemed I could write it either way. Please let me know as it'd be pretty embarrassing if it's spelt incorrectly..!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

"Rutschig" would be used to say it like "Der Deutscher ist Rutschig" - "The German is slippery".

But when you use the adjective before the noun then the adjective would take on the 'gender' of the noun (i.e. Deutscher is male), so it'd be "Rutschiger Deutscher".

(Whilst German is technically my first language, bear in mind it's been 13 years since I lived in Germany, and the German I speak with my family these days is pretty relaxed, so I might not be 100% right! Maybe someone more sure can correct me if I'm wrong)

• Like 2

Haha thanks sascha, as long as I'm not calling someone a bald goat or anything it can stay.

Tristan all good thanks - the throw is a lot shorter! Love the leather too.

Pics taken on my cell phone - an old galaxy. Bloody good camera given I have no skill!

Haha thanks sascha, as long as I'm not calling someone a bald goat or anything it can stay.

Haha, no, nothing that bad! No worries

Hi all,

It’s been a busy few months sourcing bits and pieces for MTOY. I'm really happy with how the exterior looks now, and won't be making any further changes for now. Seth's also been in touch and we're going to work out a solution for the rear window tint.

I've started replacing the interior pieces that are showing a little wear. The first in the firing line was the gearknob (replaced with the ZCP and alcantara boot last month). I also have a brand new set of mats sitting in their plastic. Next will be the centre console, storage tray and handbrake (the handle has a few scuffs). Later in the piece, I may look at replacing the steering wheel (I’d really like an e92 competition one – more info below) and door panels (there are some really nice replacements available depending on how far your wallet stretches!), but these are pipe dreams for the moment. The door panels are also stepping into aftermarket; which I've avoided so far besides the K&N intake & lip (which didn't come standard on any of the M3 models).

On with parts!

I really wanted the rotating coin thing, and even though I don’t eat or drink in the car it’s handy to have cupholders. I’ll hang on to the sliding storage pocket in my spare parts drawer for now.

bmw_e46cupcoinholder_zps44968753.jpg

I discovered that some offshore limited-run e46 m3 model came with an alcantara handbrake handle & boot (these pics are not my car):

eBrake_zps3c00d859.jpg

This one has a leather handle (not alcantara like the one above) and an alcantara boot. Both pics are other cars:

Ebrake2_zpsf0a91b30.jpg

I also ordered an adjustable clutch stop, after searching around everywhere for elevator bolts. No doubt someone will sing out ‘they’re in the bolt aisle at Bunnings’ – chances are I’ve missed them completely. Meh – this one was $10 off Fleabay.

BMW_Clutch-_stop_1982_2005_zps9d1c6cd5.j

Here’s the competition steering wheel I’d like to investigate retrofitting. Looks like it’s optioned for the e82 and e9x, and there are choices around the centre cover (plastic or alcantara) and the reference mark (hopefully can remove):

30ii8zl.jpg

More info here:http://http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-13415-genuine-bmw-m-performance-steering-wheel-e9x-e82.aspx

I'll need to get a new airbag, wheel cover & centre too as it's a different shape to the e46. If it works, I think it’ll look great.

Good going, mate. Those E9X Performance wheels are the nuts. Really want one myself but (a) they're expensive! and (B) the alcantara will get hammered in daily commission... Considered getting a shabby one and refurbing it in leather though.

Good going, mate. Those E9X Performance wheels are the nuts. Really want one myself but (a) they're expensive! and ( B) the alcantara will get hammered in daily commission... Considered getting a shabby one and refurbing it in leather though.

This is as far as my research has taken me:

Doesitfit_zps9cb32acc.jpg

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-13415-genuine-bmw-m-performance-steering-wheel-e9x-e82.aspx

372505.jpg

Further results pending.

Well priorities changed again - a mate of mine stacked into a kerb and made mincemeat out of the front lip this morning. Didn't touch it for a year, let one friend drive it...

Options on styles are ACS, Hamann or similar Strassentech. I don't really like the ACS struts, and wouldn't mind a change, so Hamann style may be an option here.

Well priorities changed again - a mate of mine stacked into a kerb and made mincemeat out of the front lip this morning. Didn't touch it for a year, let one friend drive it...

Options on styles are ACS, Hamann or similar Strassentech. I don't really like the ACS struts, and wouldn't mind a change, so Hamann style may be an option here.

BUGGER! AHH so frustrating. I'd be going for the Hamann if it were me. Soo sensual :P

P1010065-1.jpg

:wub::wub:

Buy Tom's Vorsteiner CSL bumper. It's got splitters and is already the right colour (I think). Would look good IMO.

Looks great. Colours are different :(

I love the one-piece CSL style front splitter, saw one flush-moulded into the bumper and colour matched at it looked bloody brilliant

Edited by Tristan
  • Like 1

Thanks guys, just picked up a Hamann style one. Toms is slightly diff colour unfortunately, plus I really don't want to make it look like something it's not (csl) - besides the wheels haha! Needs a bit of work before painting, hope to do most this arvo. Won't be done before tomorrow unfortunately - I don't want to rush it.

Thanks guys, just picked up a Hamann style one. Toms is slightly diff colour unfortunately, plus I really don't want to make it look like something it's not (csl) - besides the wheels haha! Needs a bit of work before painting, hope to do most this arvo. Won't be done before tomorrow unfortunately - I don't want to rush it.

You get one off that TradeMe lad?

BTW you could use the CSL Bumper and make it functional (so you're not just looking like a CSL)...

http://evolveautomotive.com/engine-ecu_656/csl-carbon-airbox_693/

Evolve_CF_Airbox_EngineBay-1.jpg

Your wife won't even notice :P

Edited by Tristan

Haha oh she'd notice alright...! K&n is doing me well for now... maybe in the future! Just filled in the little imperfections, now ready for sand and first primer! Will take pics and upload later on

• Like 1

Wow that sucks! Reminds me why I don't let mates drive my car.

Is he paying up for the damage?

Nope, he has a young family - I'd much rather he spend his money on them than my tomfoolery with cars!

All painted and looking swish. A nice silver fleck in the paint too. May actually make it for tomorrow after all... we'll see.

Right, pics. Excuse the quality, I have little doubt there'll be better pics taken tomorrow!

Here's the underside of the Strassentech lip. It's completely separated at the top of the lip (stuffed) - but did it's job well in protecting the front bumper from the impact!

20131116_144204_zps1162b73c.jpg

I picked up a new Hamann style FG lip this afternoon around 2pm. It was gel coated, needed a fair amount of work to be 'flat' surface without pock-marks, so started on it right away.

20131116_144143_zps691541cf.jpg

Mmm. Bog. A few layers later and we're here:

20131116_153750_zpsc349b5fd.jpg

Liberal amounts of sanding primer..

20131116_154236_zps49292849.jpg

A few coats of black..

20131116_163836_zps15b88948.jpg

I am impressed by the colour - matches the gills & front kidneys:

20131116_163806_zps214bd39f.jpg

Went to the Food Show, and finished off fitment when I got home

20131116_221104_zpsf370be84.jpg

20131116_220331_zps628f5f21.jpg

Love these little fins:

20131116_221143_zps64b6f0a0.jpg

Whew. Doneburger. See you all tomorrow.

For sale: One Strassentech-style lip. Some light scuffs, otherwise mint. Cheap shipping (will fit in an envelope).

Lip grey? I don't know, I kinda like the contrast. Was actually thinking of getting it wrapped Satin Black, depending how it holds up against stonechips. Thats the great thing about bodywork, its reallu easy to change around when you want!

The new day has brought new perspective. I like the contrast - it stays black for now.

20131117_081603_zps6510c655.jpg

Comparison

20130516_165136_zpsb57c3ffa.jpg

20131117_075755_zps382196dc.jpg