Sign in to follow this  
central3

E46 M3 won't sell - SOLD, SOLD, SOLD

Absolutely stunning car! Everything about it is right. A head above the others I've seen on TM recently.

If I could cough up the fair price, I'd be happy to look after it!

It will just take a while for someone to bite... Still tough times out there for most I presume.

If it is an SS Commodore I’m pretty sure it wont take you long before you start missing the M!!

I recently sold my M3 for 22k (it wasn’t as immaculate as yours and had 165k but it was very good) I had also done the big ticket items such as subframe, VANOS seals, disc, bolts, SMG pump and Inspection II. I couldn’t be @rsed to wait around for a few extra K I could have probably got for it though. It was on the market for about 4 weeks and only one person came to look at it (dreamer) the other bought it. As said I think the audience for this car is pretty small but they are out there and they will buy it, its just a waiting game.

I think the problem you're having is the same one I had trying to sell an AMG Merc for similar money. The cars sold for more at a dealers, $10k more, because they could get dealer finance.

If you look through TJs thread about Euro Cars or something, there is a post about MVDI disputes decisions. Have a look at the finance figures people were using, $500 deposit on a $30k car was not uncommon. Personally I think you'd have to have rocks in your head to finance a large proportion of a cars price, but that's what people do, there are very few with cash to buy.

Just wait though, you'll find one eventually, it looks like the nicest one I've seen for a while.

mate that is a beautiful car.

I'm in the same situation with my M5. I could never start to recover what I have spent on it. So since it still meets all my needs I probably will never sell it. (famous last words).

Good luck with the sale. Without doubt the nicest looking M3 i've seen in awhile.

$1 reserve to find a true price

• Like 1

Probably worth the risk on an E30 or an E36, but you'd have to be mental to try a stunt like that with an M car!

Just a thought, are you a member of the BMWCCNZ? I suspect you'll find a more discerning market that's aware of a cars actual worth as opposed to auction pricing. Probably a bit more likely to have the fiscal liquidity than us amateur plebs too. Could also be worth placing an ad in Classic Car magazine? Have seen a few modern classics in their classifieds.

Hang in there, someone will see it for what it's worth sooner or later :)

Will valve shim tool work on s50 if so will buy!

I'm sorry it doesn't live in your garage anymore, but the guy that bought it must be over the moon! Did you go close to your asking price? :)

whats next ?

central3, on 06 May 2014 - 8:09 PM, said:

I have brought a new SS and now more than ever I find it hard to justify having the M3 in my garage.

Edited by TJ*

whats next ?

For me the M3 was more a hobby than a driver so I need a replacement hobby. It will be a BMW but older with late model running gear. Really admire Westies work (and yours Josh). I am looking for inspration.

• Like 1