Sign in to follow this  
francoisv

E39 Touring to Ute Project

Is niiice

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

So this sexy piece arrived this morning, excited much..

OH - Details please - I want to change the look of my Touring - where from and was the freight stupid ??

I got this off ebay au. was $380NZD for the kit and $200 shipping, but I had my brother send it from aussie

Good price. It's an M5 rep though, so you'll need to buy all of the OE ducting parts if you want the brake ducts in place as the standard bumper ones and Msport (non M5) are all different.

Yea I'll probably land up fabricating some decent ducts tomorrow.

On that note, left the fabrication begin...

post-2466-0-08499000-1402024813_thumb.jp

Have to love the trade discount at bunnings

post-2466-0-93967400-1402024835_thumb.jp

post-2466-0-49345000-1402024865_thumb.jp

sweet should be done by sunday...lol

an another note don't use thoses flapper discs on a grinder ..the grinder is to fast and it will come apart...

I don't it once.......once......it broke in 2 and 1 bit got me right on the cock.......it dropped me and I had to finger check to see if the old boy was still there.

Hahaha I had the same thing, but it was using the grinder to cut some steel and the shard snapped back into the crotch, not exactly the foreplay I was hoping for

I don't it once.......once......it broke in 2 and 1 bit got me right on the cock.......it dropped me and I had to finger check to see if the old boy was still there.

hahaha man that made me laugh. Looking forward to seeing where this build goes Edited by Slybma

Not much of an update as we had some massive issues with getting the car started and moving it to the workshop.

I have however stripped most of the windows and wiring from the rear, hoping to get the physical fabrication done this week..

Ah it's running now, after hours of diagnosing, we noticed that the fuel gauge is out. Shows a quarter tank of gas, but gas tank is empty empty. And on top of that, the tow trailer blew a tyre too haha.

Started working on the templates for the rear cabin, so these should be cut out this week and then welded in by next weekend hopefully.

Sweet. Your flying into it

Yea took almost 2 hours to remove the rear window and door as the hinges were all rusted, basically had to drill it out and balance the window at the same time.

Dont suppose you know the amount of weight your taking out ? As there will be SOME steel going back in.

Funny enough I do. It's around 850kg so far. Used the scale they have at the tip in onehunga for the difference in weight. Hoping to go another 150kg lighter before adding the new stuff.

The new steel had a combined weight of 185kg when the lads at Vulcan steel in botany downs had it up on the scale

F$$k me 850 kgs .that's heaps man

Holy hell 850kg is heaps, what have you pulled out so far?

All rear Windows (7 pieces in total), all electrics incl bmw battery which was replaced with a small DIN31 or something, spare tyre, air compressor, rear seats, rear door motors, pull out tray with dog cage, have cut some internal pieces of metal out, like all the braces for modules and sensors etc. all audio gear, rear part of the exhaust, boot door has come off too. AND the audio/navigation/TV radio wiring was quite heavy on its own. Some of the sound deadening sticky stuff that is on top of the fuel tank and on the floor

Basically the only things left behind the front seats is the floor, roof, battery and some wires. I've taken off the two bar which had been welded directly onto the chassis, but not sure if I want to put that back on or leave it off

Bmw ay heavy sh*t lol...I took 3 kg out of the wiring loom alone in my e30 and 39kg out of the front panel and bumper. Haha

Haha yes they are, I've kept all the screws, bolts and nuts (for a rainy day) and that about 8-10kg alone.

Just requested shipping costs for these from a few suppliers overseas... If anyone knows if these are available from NZ, preferably not through a dealer, please let me know..

Not in that material and pattern, that's BMW Performance only, I've tried ordering directly though Recaro.

Kicking myself I didn't pick up a set of these from McMillans when they offered them to me for $2k all up.

Hitup Retro for the Recaro's themselves, http://www.rve.co.nz/recaro.html the seat is just a Sportster CS https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en/product-areas/aftermarket-seats/products/recaro-sportster-cs-cross-sportster-cs.html

They are SUPER comfortable as well.

Edit: Vivid Racing are selling them too. Not cheap. http://www.vividracing.co.nz/recaro-recaro_H4wzk.php

Edited by rarerimresource
  • Like 1

The dry weight of my e30 was 1080kg before the conversion (no spare). You've nearly removed an e30 from your wagon haha

• Like 1