Sign in to follow this  
francoisv

E36 track car

How do you think the getrag 220 will stand up to track use?

Is it strong enough?

I'm not 100% sure, it's just had an oil change and the gears checked out and seals replaced, so will see. Worse case, I land up going for 240 or 260.

After all, the engine is only a 2.5 and 20 years old, so torque figures won't be overly high ?

• Like 1

Im going to be making some templates for alloy door cards and a trunk divider over the xmas break if you are keen. Will get them cut out in the new year . Maybe passenger foot rests and driver floor plates.

Im going to be making some templates for alloy door cards and a trunk divider over the xmas break if you are keen. Will get them cut out in the new year . Maybe passenger foot rests and driver floor plates.

Ah yea I'll be keen for those. Haven't even thought about that. Probably not the trunk divider but keen on the door and foot rests

Edited by FrancoisPV

Ditto, compact door cards will be same as coupe most likely the doors are the same length

Also managed to get the Track Car driving. Was a little sceptic at first, seeing that it was my first manual conversion ive done without direct help from a family mechanic etc. But started after I dicked around with the started wiring etc. Ive got a couple of videos starting and driving, just need to get it online somehow

Replaced the fuel lines and fuel filters, got the injectors cleaned out and also replaced the rocker cover and exhaust gaskets.
Ive also done 99% of the oil system, including breather and cooling. Just need to get the tanks mounted properly. Ill get some photos of these soon.

Also have to weld up the impact bar mount as it seems to have stripped itself off its bolt. Then I can get the front bumper mounted.
Need a few more small things done before I dens it off for its cage, but overall im a happy with how it handles and looks so far, I may have taken it around the block a few times for testing purposes, and it may be very loud due to the exhaust not having any cats or mufflers etc. I had to add a couple of extra bends in to get it to fit 100%. Its been coated and wrapped it heat paint and wrap, but I may need to add a muffler or something to get those DBs down..

post-2466-0-92997100-1452541540.jpg

post-2466-0-78111300-1452541554.jpg

post-2466-0-57443400-1452541572.jpg

• Like 1

looks great.

Hows the ute project going?

Due to some recent business start ups and a family member passing away, I may need to consider selling this as I cant see myself heading to the track any time in the near future and its currently just sitting in the warehouse.
Im not entirely sure what its worth, so before I list it for sale, it would be good to get an idea of what to ask for - if its less then $5-6K, I might just leave it stored away for a time where I will have time to track it.

Sooooo, anyone have an idea of what this is worth?

What happened to the raceland coilovers that were in the car before you put in the xyz's?

Are they for sale or have they been put in another car?

On 26 August 2016 at 10:43 PM, zero said:

What happened to the raceland coilovers that were in the car before you put in the xyz's?

Are they for sale or have they been put in another car?

They have been sold. RaceLand coilovers are quite soft compared to the XYZ

• Like 1