Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Cut and polish "Dura-Seal"

New toy has been treated with this stuff - http://www.tfgroup.co.nz/Articles/7.html Im guessing its pretty old now.

Few swirl marks in the paint, gas station car wash maybe, nothing major, according the interwebs you'll never need to polish/wax car again, but it needs it :) - EDIT, actually, it was done 18 months ago :D

Anyone know if the standard cut/polish compound (and wax) is OK to use on it?

Edited by Jacko

Had a couple of cars with this on. Basically it does wear off after about three years. No problem waxing it though

Clay bar it to remove whatever is loose and then do a normal polish and wax. I'd suggest if you've got swirls already it's likely warn out there anyway.

I found this finish was Ok if you want a easy to clean not real glossy finish, good for a work car. Nothing like you can get with a good wax.

Cheers Breaker, I ended up just dealing to it a like a normal finish and it worked shweet as, bit of polishing and then wax, minta.

post-2714-0-47429300-1442043204_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Nice, yip looks sharp. Nice shine

Do not cut it......if you cut the vehicle it will remove the coating and you will no longer be covered/voiding any paint protection

+1, even washing with a car wash solution can remove the coating. Meant to be washed with just water, or their own special wash solution. We use dura-seal at work, i dont rate it personally.

If you want another coating put on, http://www.ocdetailing.co.nz/ are the guys to go to for C.Quartz.

Edited by KwS
  • Like 1